Best Samsung cover to use while making presentation?

Search This thread
Mar 9, 2014
I want to use my note 8 to make my powerpoint presentation with. What case would allow me to hold it steady in my hand while taking?

BclingergFJ

Sep 28, 2008
I frankly recommend the newly released accessory named the "desk." These devices are supportive of the drop and break club.

Sent via my Note 8

gooberdude

Oct 27, 2010
I want to use my note 8 to make my powerpoint presentation with. What case would allow me to hold it steady in my hand while taking?

I have a number of cases ranging from cheap $5.00 gel rear cover to full protection zipper shell that are $30.00 to $50.00 in leather.

Only the gel rear cover offers full functionality without mods. Though wife preferred to have me cut out the integrated side button protectors on the cover. I liked the protection... so it is a matter of preference. They do have them with and without, depending on Chinese distributor.

I protected the front with $18.00 tempered glass from China, it is the same thing as the popular known (name not given). In fact the instructions clearly state the name of the product that you find here in the states for over $30.00. Go figure.

I really liked the feel and function of the cheap $9.00, Chinese thin snap on folder cover that offers the versatility of desktop stand and has a simple way to keep the folder in place while folded back, and has a built in hand strap for secure holding. It is the thinnest, yet has a draw back. Even though it has a good magnetic sleep switch, the design uses clip fingers to hold the tablet. One finger is made too long and does not allow a fully flat closure. You must modify the finger by trimming.

I did not like any of the cases that have the round hole in the back for swiveling 360 degrees. Some have a flap thing to hold the cover closed, but did not design it well enough to keep out of the way of the screen.

I did find one for women, that has the swivel capability but the magnetic way of securing the cover was too weak, so the cover would flap about. Else it would be almost as good as the cheap one that is flat. It costs $20.00.

As far as the best protector the full body zipper type works pretty good at protection... I chose a case logic as they are easily available and has a feature that zippy cases don't have. A built in desktop stand that folds away. Even though the instructions don't state proper use in hand, you can reverse zip the case fully open for flappy free in hand use with either hand. The only two draw draw backs are, that the case's hard shell disallows charging and it is the bulkiest of the bunch. You can remove the stretchy hold downs at the bottom corners, to allow the tablet to angle up for charging. You can use a gel protector with this case, for 2 in 1 use. As the gel cover allows better grip and is light weight for long term use in hand. For $30.00 it is the best made case available at that price range.

Well that is it in a nut shell... there is no perfect case made that I am aware of, so one must weigh importance of function over drawbacks.

Spidey01

Sep 16, 2011
Duluth
I'd go with something like the MoKo folio case, as it's got a smart cover that folds backwards and reveals a hand strap. About as good as it gets if you have to 'hold it' while talking. I prefer to sit the tablet on a table using such a case.

If bandwidth permits you might also look at AllShare Cast / Miracast capabilities versus MHL, so you don't have to worry about dangling a MHL adapter out the bottom.