What are the System apps I can remove without......

Search This thread

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
Disable without stuffing up Samsung features.

I afraid some Samsung system apps can be removed but I don't want to remove one , then one day I choose to play with a feature I haven't played with before and I get a FC.

I am wondering if there is a list which tells us what system app is connected with what features inbuilt into the phone.

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
Do a search for bloat or debloating threads and look at the custom ROM description pages. All of which have lists of superfluous apps that can be removed.

FlexiPack

Oct 14, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I'm currently on a debloat mission. I've searched but I haven't found a definitive list for the S5. My recommendation is to first 'freeze' rather thank uninstall apps and services (I'm using Titanium Backup). You need to be rooted for this. This way is you duff something up it's easy to unfreeze it.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Can anyone tell me what the following do:

ResetSecLauncher 1.03 (com.gmail.junk.trev.resetseclauncher)
ResetSecPhone 1.4 (com.gmail.junk.trev.resetsecphone)
ResetSyui 1.0 (com.gmail.junk.trev.resetsyui)

With Gmail in the package name you'd assume it's something to do with Gmail. I've frozen them but it doesn't seem to have affected Gmail.

There's a comprehensive list of bloatware for the S4 here. I think anything in that list that is also on the S5 should be safe to remove/freeze.

Reactions: gee2012

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm currently on a debloat mission. I've searched but I haven't found a definitive list for the S5. My recommendation is to first 'freeze' rather thank uninstall apps and services (I'm using Titanium Backup). You need to be rooted for this. This way is you duff something up it's easy to unfreeze it.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Can anyone tell me what the following do:

ResetSecLauncher 1.03 (com.gmail.junk.trev.resetseclauncher)
    ResetSecPhone 1.4 (com.gmail.junk.trev.resetsecphone)
    ResetSyui 1.0 (com.gmail.junk.trev.resetsyui)

With Gmail in the package name you'd assume it's something to do with Gmail. I've frozen them but it doesn't seem to have affected Gmail.

There's a comprehensive list of bloatware for the S4 here. I think anything in that list that is also on the S5 should be safe to remove/freeze.