[ROM] Stock rooted OTA 4.08.605.19 710RD - 02-10-2013

Search This thread

Truckin'Ain't4Sissies

Aug 8, 2010
PDX
So what's the skinny?
Still GB?

An OTA's was pushed to our phones (Dinc2) but was only like 10 mb or so, still waiting on official ICS/Sense 3.6

TA4S

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
So what's the skinny?
Still GB?

An OTA's was pushed to our phones (Dinc2) but was only like 10 mb or so, still waiting on official ICS/Sense 3.6

TA4S
It's GB, just a fix for a reboot issue that the previous Dinc OTA had. You realize this is the OG Dinc forums right or you were just wondering if this phone had ICS or something yet. I don't think the original Incredible will ever officially get ICS.

Lap823

Jun 9, 2012
I'm back on this Rom from jellybean Rom. I love the features of jellybean but so dull and boring look. I love sense and will stay with sense till I upgrade my phone.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

IceDragon59

Jul 10, 2012
After having put my Dinc away for a couple weeks, I pulled it back out and tried again with your most recent upload. It installed correctly without editing, and I didn't feel like messing with the zip file and perhaps breaking everything again.

I go to install Root Explorer and run it so I can remove the bloat manually from /system/app/ and then clear data for the Sense app so there won't be leftover widgets and whatnot, but discover that I can't gain root access with it. Shouldn't be a problem, so I update the Superuser app, since I hadn't yet. Updates fine. I try Root Explorer again, and it still fails. I go to update the Superuser binary, which is at the latest version but I tell it to do it anyway, and it freezes the phone and won't update.

This ROM has been the biggest problem I've ever had in flashing multiple devices with multiple ROMs, recoveries, HBOOTs, radios, and everything else. I know your ROMs are good because I used your Touch of Blue last year when it was still on the first Gingerbread iteration (I prefer the stock colors), and I don't know what's going on. Also, I'm not the only one who is having this problem, as I received a message about it a couple weeks ago, but hadn't had time to verify until now.

Any ideas?

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
I thought the su issues were taken care of, as i hadn't heard anyone mention anything since i fixed it last. I am no longer having the issue. Have you tried reflashing su, wiping cache, and fixing permissions in recovery? The previous issue i thought i fixed was because i had an old su binary in the rom that i forgot to update.

danielzink

Aug 12, 2010
After having put my Dinc away for a couple weeks, I pulled it back out and tried again with your most recent upload. It installed correctly without editing, and I didn't feel like messing with the zip file and perhaps breaking everything again.

I go to install Root Explorer and run it so I can remove the bloat manually from /system/app/ and then clear data for the Sense app so there won't be leftover widgets and whatnot, but discover that I can't gain root access with it. Shouldn't be a problem, so I update the Superuser app, since I hadn't yet. Updates fine. I try Root Explorer again, and it still fails. I go to update the Superuser binary, which is at the latest version but I tell it to do it anyway, and it freezes the phone and won't update.

This ROM has been the biggest problem I've ever had in flashing multiple devices with multiple ROMs, recoveries, HBOOTs, radios, and everything else. I know your ROMs are good because I used your Touch of Blue last year when it was still on the first Gingerbread iteration (I prefer the stock colors), and I don't know what's going on. Also, I'm not the only one who is having this problem, as I received a message about it a couple weeks ago, but hadn't had time to verify until now.

Any ideas?

Flashed this Monday - and seem to be having similar issues.

My Titanium backup seems to be broken. I've tried every fix available out there on the 'net.

SU/Root Explorer are borked as well.

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
Flashed this Monday - and seem to be having similar issues.

My Titanium backup seems to be broken. I've tried every fix available out there on the 'net.

SU/Root Explorer are borked as well.

This appears to be a superuser binary issue. If you flash the older binary it works just fine, until you update the binary from within the superuser app. Then it stops giving su permission, and refuses to update the binary from within the app. I am in the process of updating the download links with a version that has the older binary.

As a fix you can just flash the older superuser thru recovery. http://dinc.does-it.net/Superuser/SuperUser_3.0.7.zip

Don't update the binary, or you will get the same issue again.

Last edited:

Kaepernick

Feb 6, 2013
If I were to flash this rom, would I be able to access settings using ##778# (or whatever)? I know I can't using other custom roms, but I read that I can when using the stock rom. I'd like to wipe everything since I'm mainly using this as a tablet now.

Kaepernick

Feb 6, 2013
I tried ##778# and it didn't work. Using the odexed Rom. Used the phone app. Do I have to use the emergency phone? How do I do that?

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
I tried ##778# and it didn't work. Using the odexed Rom. Used the phone app. Do I have to use the emergency phone? How do I do that?

It should work, it works on mine. You just use the regular dialer. Are you s-off? The reason i ask is you may need to do a factory reset from hboot to get ##778# working. If your s-off it makes it much easier to reroot.

Kaepernick

Feb 6, 2013
It should work, it works on mine. You just use the regular dialer. Are you s-off? The reason i ask is you may need to do a factory reset from hboot to get ##778# working. If your s-off it makes it much easier to reroot.

Yeah, I'm s-off. So I have to do a factory reset from hboot? I'll give that a shot.

edit: It just sent me to recovery. Using twrp 2.4.4.0.

Last edited:

Kaepernick

Feb 6, 2013
Yes but since your rooted you will need to do an ruu or flash the stock recovery as it is requied for a reset. Then do the reset, then reflash recovery and then the rom.

Downloading the latest stock PB31IMG.zip recovery from dinc.does-it.net. Do I flash that in hboot? Then a factory reset. Then flash twrp again? and then the rom?

Kaepernick

Feb 6, 2013
Correct just like you said, except do a wipe between flashing twrp and the rom.

Well, I did it. I used the stock rom and it worked. Once I flashed twrp and your stock rom, it stopped working again. Not a big deal since I was able to change it. It changed hboot to an older version, so I flashed the latest one. It now says "Locked" at the top now though. It's still s-off.

I was reading up on that Wi-Fi script. On CM7.2, it just leaves it on standby to suck the battery dry. On CM10.1, it doesn't work at all. Should I just leave it on airplane mode?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock Rooted OTA 4.08.605.19 710RD Rom

Stock rooted ota 4.08.605.19 710RD rom. It is rooted, zip aligned, has busybox and comes in odexed or deodexed versions. Other than that it is untouched. Enjoy :D

[standard flashing disclaimer here]

Do a full wipe (boot, system, data, datadata, cache, android secure) except for sdcard and emmc, then flash like any other rom.

Stock rooted ota 4.08.605.19 rom may be able to be flashed over Stock rooted ota 4.08.605.15 rom, but is untested. If you flash over and have issues, do a full wipe and fresh install.

_
    2-13-2013 - Fixed TWRP flashing issues.
    3-13-2013 - Fixed Superuser issues.
    Any way to get a good download? Mediafire seems to be hacked or something I can't get this rom from their site.

http://dinc.does-it.net :D
    Sweet! Thank your sir.

Been waiting for this- One question I forget on the Dinc can you delete system apps on the phone?

I just activated my dinc again on pagepluscellular($12) I have to say for it's age the little guy holds up well. Looking forward to more roms and hopefully no more 2am reboot issue.

Just grab a root file explorer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Using this phone on tracfone. Have software version 4.08.605.19 71ord. Will installing this affect my activation with tracfone? Will I have to reactivate?

dond624

No, installing this (or any other ROM) won't affect your activation. No need to worry.