FYI to the community...

Software Version:

Samsung - Epic (SPH-D700) - DI07
Release Date:
9/16/2010

Update Method:
Available OTA + Retail + OEM Tool

Version History:

* Includes Media Hub application from Samsung, various EAS related issues, and other performance enhancements.

I know it's not incredibly specific but I thought I'd share it either way.

All this info is from another site from a guy
bigge4380

Anyways right now samsung.com is currently unavailable due to an upgrade.
Please come back in a few hours to experience our new site

Well i hope this is the big update we all been waiting for....fingers crossed:rolleyes:

drizek

Jul 6, 2010
I really don't care about performance. The epic already screams. What I want is for them to fix the gps/3g/battery/tws megabug.

Also, I dont want mediahub, I want the samsung apps from the other galaxy s phones, like the media player and clock.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

hydralisk

Jul 8, 2010
www.whoisjimothy.com
I really don't care about performance. The epic already screams. What I want is for them to fix the gps/3g/battery/tws megabug.

Also, I dont want mediahub, I want the samsung apps from the other galaxy s phones, like the media player and clock.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Well Media Hub has been planed for the 16th for a while now... so I'm pretty sure that is all this update is.

PlankLongBeard

May 24, 2010
On The Moon!

Hmm.. where can we get the media player n clock?

Also, the new thing will be announcements of froyo.. I promise you.. :) There in debut for technically, their FIRST froyo device. Oh and did you all forget already, Samsung has exclusive rights in Honeycomb and Gingerbread.. Sooo.. :)

I think like my wife tells me.. Just be patient. Samsung is better than all these companies. We all know this..

Sent From The Moon... :)

rufflez2010

Mar 13, 2010
Someone already got it in the development forum. Sammy website still down and not available when i check.

javahead76

Sep 11, 2008
I just got the update as automatic OTA.

The only things I noticed were:

My speeds picked up:
3g: went from .8mbs to 1.4mbs. upload still 155kbs.
4g: went from 1.2mbs to 1.8mbs. .47 upload (don't get good reception where I'm at).

Media Hub is online.

Back button was not fixed. FYI: salesman said the update would take care of it. I pretty much told him I'd be in to swap out after the update if (when) the update didn't fix the button.

Fixter

Jun 6, 2009
Durham
The only things I noticed were:

My speeds picked up:
3g: went from .8mbs to 1.4mbs. upload still 155kbs.
4g: went from 1.2mbs to 1.8mbs. .47 upload (don't get good reception where I'm at).

Media Hub is online.

Back button was not fixed. FYI: salesman said the update would take care of it. I pretty much told him I'd be in to swap out after the update if (when) the update didn't fix the button.
Um. I just check and I don't have anything available. :S

javahead76

Sep 11, 2008
I *might* have suggested it to my phone

I don't know if this caused my phone to check but I followed Sprints instructions to go to Menu -> Settings -> About Phone -> System Update -> Update Android. It said the system is up to date. I also tried "Update Firmware" and got the same message. About 2 minutes later, the OTA message popped up on its own.

Well I was about to, but. I haven't gotten the update. Maybe its the root?

I got it already, it wouldn't work with the andromeda kernel installed. I ended up flashing back to stock because I broke the phone trying to flash the stock kernel. I can't say if the root had anything to do with it or not, but the kernel definately did. It's installed now and all is good.

Kcarpenter

Nov 24, 2009
Clinton, TN
I got it already, it wouldn't work with the andromeda kernel installed. I ended up flashing back to stock because I broke the phone trying to flash the stock kernel. I can't say if the root had anything to do with it or not, but the kernel definately did. It's installed now and all is good.

Well, now that you are back up with the update installed - can you root? :D

BopChie

Jan 10, 2009
crap... anyway for me to flash stock kernel without my usb cable? i'm at work and forgot my cord today :( avd spare cables ordered so i can keep one here, but that does me a whole lotta nothing right now lol

nicknomo

Aug 31, 2010

The back button issue is a hardware issue. The capacitive buttons work by detecting a change in charge on the screen. I believe the sensors in the corners might be defective in these phones.

Return it and get another one..

The first phone I went to purchase had this problem.. It sucked. Second phone I bought from Best Buy works flawlessly..

Get a new phone and your problems will go away.