[Q] Looking for an OmniROM 4.4.2 for Samsung Galaxy XCover 2 a.k.a. Skomer

Search This thread

mhrsolanki2020

Jan 15, 2012
As far as I can judge.. Omnirom is far away from solving the problems of ART.. Because it has some WIP that is gonna take lil time to Finish...
If u feel dalvik is slower than just increase Ur swap and ram by partitioning Ur sd card and also overclock Ur device...

Sent from my GT-P3100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Like in Title.
I only found this (thanks to flxo) http://www.adriadata.net/xda/skomer/omni-4.3/
But i don't want any nightlies like this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2689519
because it's random rebooting and buggy.
I'm looking for ROM that supports ART (dalvik's slower).
Basically, that thread is your only hope. Devices don't get supported without a maintainer, and if someone is doing unofficial builds for your device, that's the closest to a maintainer most devices have.

Becoming officially merged doesn't magically make it not buggy. In fact, it's the other way around - the maintainer must stabilize it before it can become official.

As far as I can judge.. Omnirom is far away from solving the problems of ART.. Because it has some WIP that is gonna take lil time to Finish...
If u feel dalvik is slower than just increase Ur swap and ram by partitioning Ur sd card and also overclock Ur device...

ART is a WIP from Google. Also, in most real-world uses cases (e.g. not benchmark epeen) it isn't actually that much of a performance benefit.

mhrsolanki2020

Jan 15, 2012
Basically, that thread is your only hope. Devices don't get supported without a maintainer, and if someone is doing unofficial builds for your device, that's the closest to a maintainer most devices have.

Becoming officially merged doesn't magically make it not buggy. In fact, it's the other way around - the maintainer must stabilize it before it can become official.

ART is a WIP from Google. Also, in most real-world uses cases (e.g. not benchmark epeen) it isn't actually that much of a performance benefit.

But still, we are reaching for more and more ram and memory for mobile phones..
The lib of ART wud be better to utilise that amount of ram. (2 to 3 years down the line)