[Q] SM-T211

Search This thread

ccxxcxcx

Jun 8, 2014
Singapore
Dear all,

I sincerely seek help into my rooted device, SM-T211.
It was working fine until today, which I found out that the google play store is not working. It was represented as loading but not connected. When I retry, nothing works. Thus I looked online and they asked me to clear the cache and data at setting > apps.
I did but it didn't work for me...
Another solution arises and suggest me to factory reset.
Being a awful noob I reset it.
So the device woke up WITHOUT A KEYBOARD. (I deleted it...)
So I connected it to the computer and downloaded swiftkey. At least I've a keyboard now!
BUT. Under settings > add account > google is not working. not loading not prompting me to add account. Like the selection was not available.
Yes, the google play store is still not working.
Although I'm able to download the games and apps by other means but not having my account logged on means I cannot purchase anything from the store, not even using Freedom.

This is so bad, please help me!
I'm suspecting that I might delete an important system app of google or some sort...
But I can't seem to restore it or google a list of apk/system files that I need. My device is SM-T211.
I'm desperately finding answers on google but nothing showed up :'(
I'm sorry that I'm a noob but still want to root my device... (I don't even know whats flashing ROM all that... omg help)

Please help me through this tide.
Thank you very much in advance!! :D

pinkLeviosa

May 5, 2014
Dear all,

It was working fine until today, which I found out that the google play store is not working. It was represented as loading but not connected. When I retry, nothing works. Thus I looked online and they asked me to clear the cache and data at setting > apps.
So I connected it to the computer and downloaded swiftkey. At least I've a keyboard now!
BUT. Under settings > add account > google is not working. not loading not prompting me to add account. Like the selection was not available.
Although I'm able to download the games and apps by other means but not having my account logged on means I cannot purchase anything from the store, not even using Freedom.

I'm suspecting that I might delete an important system app of google or some sort...
But I can't seem to restore it or google a list of apk/system files that I need. My device is SM-T211.
I'm sorry that I'm a noob but still want to root my device... (I don't even know whats flashing ROM all that... omg help)

Well, I recently find out I had the same problem as you, and im glad I found this so I wont post a new thread again... :) I already did deleting the cache even the data and I dont care If I deleted it... and also try reinstalling it... delete the account , and when I add a existing account then fill up the forms then click next, and it says " cant establish a reliable connection to the server" .. even though im fully connected to our wifi.. so pls. Anyone whats the problem with the paly store? And also im using droidwall, but ofcourse I enable playstore and other google services... any other way than try factory reset?

Sent from my SM-T210 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: newronaldo@7

pinkLeviosa

May 5, 2014
[Update]
Omygod! Hello, its me again.. I actually solved it:D
So if you please can you try to search a app in google search then click the link and select browser rather than selecting the play store .. then it will open a new tab and it must be looks like this:
Then if you have the same problem like mine...
To solve this, make sure you have the current date and time set, then wahla! It solved mine, I really dont notice that my date and time was wrong ! :)

sent from Smt210/r using xda free ...
im just trying to help so I hope it works(y)

Attachments

• 1402252152399.jpg
    1402252152399.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

ccxxcxcx

Jun 8, 2014
Singapore
Download Odin on your computer and the stock ROM and flash the stock ROM onto it there are plenty of tutorials on Xda

Sent from my lg optimus e980 mega i527 mega gt-i9205 Nexus 5 Nexus 4

If anyone needs an unlock code for a device I run an unlock service and all Xda members get a discounted price please pm me though don't blow someone's thread up

Don't forget to check out my custom keyboards and dialers over at the candyshop thread and all the other cool stuff from all the wonderful devs
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49380310

Hi!

Thank you for replying! But I do have some questions regarding on how to do that... Sorry again, may I ask where do I get the stock ROM and how do I do it? I still have the Odin in my computer and the rooting file...
Sorry for the trouble!! :)

ccxxcxcx

Jun 8, 2014
Singapore
[Update]
So if you please can you try to search a app in google search then click the link and select browser rather than selecting the play store .. then it will open a new tab and it must be looks like this:
To solve this, make sure you have the current date and time set, then wahla! It solved mine, I really dont notice that my date and time was wrong ! :)

Good for you! Grats! But unfortunately I don't have the same problem as you T.T
My page loaded on the internet explorer just as it's supposed to... The time was correct.. But still I wanna thank you for your help! XD
I hope it'll work out soon for me...

hopsin4444

Aug 17, 2013
denver
fastunlockandmore2.webs.com
Hi!

Thank you for replying! But I do have some questions regarding on how to do that... Sorry again, may I ask where do I get the stock ROM and how do I do it? I still have the Odin in my computer and the rooting file...

Go to sammobile.com register and then click firmares then search for your model download it extract it to get the tar file put your device into download mode place the tar file you extracted I to the ap section connect the device wait for it to say your contacted and then press start and wait for it to finish

Don't forget to check out my custom keyboards and dialers over at the candyshop thread and all the other cool stuff from all the wonderful devs

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ccxxcxcx

ccxxcxcx

Jun 8, 2014
Singapore
Go to sammobile.com register and then click firmares then search for your model download it extract it to get the tar file put your device into download mode place the tar file you extracted I to the ap section connect the device wait for it to say your contacted and then press start and wait for it to finish

Hey there! Thanks a lot for your help and advice and I tried it out, it worked! But unfortunately I wasn't able to find the correct file for this device... I ended up choosing the one for my country because the website don't have the baseband version of this device...
My device baseband version is T211XXAMFN

Was working well until again the connection failed at play store again... I think is device is beyond hope now T. T :'(

ccxxcxcx

Jun 8, 2014
Singapore
Hello! I finally figured it out! At first it was not working even clearing the cache, data and even force stopped the Google play store. But after using the root Explorer I was able to use play store by going into root Explorer > etc > host and add a # to the ip address... I still want to thank you all for helping me! :D :):):)

Sent from my SM-T211 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: hopsin4444

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Update]

Dear all,

Well, I recently find out I had the same problem as you, and im glad I found this so I wont post a new thread again... :) I already did deleting the cache even the data and I dont care If I deleted it... and also try reinstalling it... delete the account , and when I add a existing account then fill up the forms then click next, and it says " cant establish a reliable connection to the server" .. even though im fully connected to our wifi.. so pls. Anyone whats the problem with the paly store? And also im using droidwall, but ofcourse I enable playstore and other google services... any other way than try factory reset?

Sent from my SM-T210 using XDA Free mobile app
    Hi!

Hello! I finally figured it out! At first it was not working even clearing the cache, data and even force stopped the Google play store. But after using the root Explorer I was able to use play store by going into root Explorer > etc > host and add a # to the ip address... I still want to thank you all for helping me! :D :):):)

Sent from my SM-T211 using XDA Free mobile app