[ROOT] Nexus 10 JOP40C image with root

Search This thread

damien667

Oct 27, 2008
You don't really need to flash all the partitions for root

You could also just replace boot.img with one that has changed default.prop values to allow for rooted/debuggable adb... and then install SuperSU with cwm-recovery... no need to re-flash the entire system just to root it.

Attached is my modified boot.img for jop40c
SuperSU is located here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053

This is the method I used to root my Nexus 10.

I also modified cwm-recovery 6.0.1.6 so that it doesn't reboot after 20 seconds: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34256732

Attachments

• rooted_manta_jop40c_boot.img
    4.5 MB · Views: 114
Reactions: chrishin

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Thanks, I have backed up my apps, but then how do you get them off the device? I cant see any obvious folders when I plug into my PC.

Sorry I'm used to Root and titanium backup!

You don't need to transfer it off the device it backs them up to the partition that acts as the "SD card" on the tablet. Then after you wipe your tablet from unlocking bootloader, etc. reinstall the My Backup app and then select the restore option and then the backup you made. Hope this clears things up for you :).

evaradar

Aug 29, 2010
Toronto
Does this affect any infinite loop boot issues or anything like that? Clean free? Can we use stock recovery for this?

Shizophren

May 13, 2009
Does this mean I have to unlock the boot loader and with this command that's mentioned above I rooted then? Nothing more to do? No Cwm or anything else?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 10 mit Tapatalk 2

Ladicx

Aug 14, 2011
Utah
How would I install CWM recovery after using this. Currently have it installed but can't sideload Supersu or mount my device to flash it from recovery. I'm thinking this is my best bet.

update. it worked, except i dot have touch cwm recovery

Top Liked Posts