[Q] KitKat Rom on T Mobile Lg G2

Search This thread

mackster248

Aug 1, 2009
Palmdale, CA
Reactions: JPrinceStar

JPrinceStar

Mar 13, 2014
Yes, AutoRec gives us back recovery. But ONLY use Auto Rec when you wanted to switch out or flash a new ROM, because once you flash a new recovery using AutoRec, you'll get the while line bug once you boot back into the ROM.

Ok I have one more question, for some reason I do not like kitkat is there a easier way to go back to 4.2.2 ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do the same process except do not use 80110g. Find the 80110c kdz.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app
    I have this problem as well and no, you're not doing anything wrong. Devs have absolutely no idea why this is happening. It seems that this is only happening with users that bought the phone and have the G build pre-installed. People that bought the phone earlier with the C build don't have this problem.

I gave up and just flashed the official KK TMO ROM with root installed. I lost my recovery but hopefully devs can get recovery on stock KK. If anything, I can always KDZ back to 4.2.2 and re-install the recovery if I want to go back to AOSP ROM's.

FWIW, I bought the G2 a week ago. When did you get yours?
    Anyone around in this thread with the line problem willing to test a kernel?
    i really want to root but this is making me nervous. Only things i want to change is the camera mod and sound mod really.

I am in the same boat as most these people.. bought my phone a week ago, i am rooting as i type. Will probably have the issue and completely willing to test a kernel. Should i flash your rom as well first?

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Hmmm.. so i have a completely stock g2 non rooted (working on rooting right now actually) but when i go into settings, my build number ends with an 'A' ?? not c, d or g.... what does this mean? Man, rooting seemed so much easier on my HTC or samsung phones! No complaints though, i love this phone

It does seem confusing, but I promise you that it's a bit more painless than you think. I'm assuming your phone did indeed ship with TMO KitKat? Then in that case, once you're done rooting, all you have to do is install the AutoRec apk and that's it! Let me know if you need a link for AutoRec.
    Mackster I'm on 4.2.2 which is rooted, is there anyway I could use a custom kitkat rom without getting the white lines? I dont want to keep downgrading everytime it happens.

Read this thread and instructions I gave this guy and you'll be good to go. Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52283783#post52283783