[Q] Xperia TX Battery Unexpected Behavior

Search This thread

faisal3dfx

Nov 2, 2013
Hi Guys, I am new in here. I need help for my sony xperia tx handset. My phone was completely ok when it was running on android 4.1.2 jellybean version. There was not a single problem. After the update of jellybean 4.3 version there is some trouble i am facing and the very big trouble is with the battery.
Ok after the update now if i charge my battery to 100% the handset turn off by itself but that is not the big problem. The main problem is when it's charged 100% and i am using my phone with my 3G data connection on, when the charge leve comes to 65-60% if i restart my phone it drops to 20%-25% and if i dosen't restart my phone on that point (65%-60%) and continue using the phone when it comes to 50% or like 45% it shows me Low Battery and turn off. My battery is ok but there is something wrong with the new firmwire i guess. I reinstalled my os using sony SUS but it didn't help.
So can you guys suggest me something to overcome this problem? please i need a solution urgent.

Thanks A Lot
Faisal Amin
Sony Xperia TX (LT29i)
Bangladesh

Rken09

Mar 6, 2014
Problem Solved

Hi Guys, I am new in here. I need help for my sony xperia tx handset. My phone was completely ok when it was running on android 4.1.2 jellybean version. There was not a single problem. After the update of jellybean 4.3 version there is some trouble i am facing and the very big trouble is with the battery.
Ok after the update now if i charge my battery to 100% the handset turn off by itself but that is not the big problem. The main problem is when it's charged 100% and i am using my phone with my 3G data connection on, when the charge leve comes to 65-60% if i restart my phone it drops to 20%-25% and if i dosen't restart my phone on that point (65%-60%) and continue using the phone when it comes to 50% or like 45% it shows me Low Battery and turn off. My battery is ok but there is something wrong with the new firmwire i guess. I reinstalled my os using sony SUS but it didn't help.
So can you guys suggest me something to overcome this problem? please i need a solution urgent.

Thanks A Lot
Faisal Amin
Sony Xperia TX (LT29i)
Bangladesh

just sell your phone and buy a new one :):good:

faisal3dfx

Nov 2, 2013
just sell your phone and buy a new one :):good:

Thanks for your valuable reply but, if i wanted to sell my phone and buy a new one i could have done it before. I don't want to sell my phone that is not the solution of the problem and also if i sell this phone and buy a new one is there any guarranty that the new phone will not have this same problem in future? Then what? you will suggest me to sell that phone too and buy a new one?

Anyway is there anybody out there who can tell if this problem can be corrected or not? and also if i want to go back to 4.1.2 jellybean where can i find sony xperia tx Stock FTF for my country Bangladesh? and if i can't find stock ftf for bangladesh which ftf can i use in my country?

Please i need a solution ASAP

Thanks

Rken09

Mar 6, 2014
Thanks for your valuable reply but, if i wanted to sell my phone and buy a new one i could have done it before. I don't want to sell my phone that is not the solution of the problem and also if i sell this phone and buy a new one is there any guarranty that the new phone will not have this same problem in future? Then what? you will suggest me to sell that phone too and buy a new one?

Anyway is there anybody out there who can tell if this problem can be corrected or not? and also if i want to go back to 4.1.2 jellybean where can i find sony xperia tx Stock FTF for my country Bangladesh? and if i can't find stock ftf for bangladesh which ftf can i use in my country?

Please i need a solution ASAP

Thanks

hmm i think you might consider using a payphone everytime you want to contact someone so that you will never run out of battery :)

Problem Solved!
:highfive:

ArtDC

Apr 2, 2014
Re: TX battery problem

Most likely it's not your phone, just a software problem. You can downgrade by flashing unbranded TX FW from here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2648320 and wait for the fix release for .205.
I would also suggest making a ftf from your current firmware before flashing, so if you have connectivity problems due to the regional radio frequences (unlikely) you can flash just a baseband from your .205 ftf.

faisal3dfx

Nov 2, 2013
Most likely it's not your phone, just a software problem. You can downgrade by flashing unbranded TX FW from here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2648320 and wait for the fix release for .205.
I would also suggest making a ftf from your current firmware before flashing, so if you have connectivity problems due to the regional radio frequences (unlikely) you can flash just a baseband from your .205 ftf.

thank you so much ArtDc, I have read the thread you suggested but I didn't find any unbranded ftf for my country so can you please tell me which ftf I can use on my tx? Honkong or any country else? And also I do not know how to backup my original firmware so it will be very helpful if you can tell me in simple way to do that.

Thank you again bro.

ArtDC

Apr 2, 2014
thank you so much ArtDc, I have read the thread you suggested but I didn't find any unbranded ftf for my country so can you please tell me which ftf I can use on my tx? Honkong or any country else? And also I do not know how to backup my original firmware so it will be very helpful if you can tell me in simple way to do that.

Thank you again bro.

I would use the Honkong FW just for the newer version. Here's the link to the ftf making guide http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z/development/noobs-guide-create-stock-firmware-ftf-t2188129

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

I would use the Honkong FW just for the newer version. Here's the link to the ftf making guide http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z/development/noobs-guide-create-stock-firmware-ftf-t2188129

BTW even if downgrading doesn't help (I hope it does) don't rush with a new phone, try replacing the battery. There were similar problems reported for Xperia V due to the battery failure.

faisal3dfx

Nov 2, 2013

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

BTW even if downgrading doesn't help (I hope it does) don't rush with a new phone, try replacing the battery. There were similar problems reported for Xperia V due to the battery failure.

Thanks a lot ArtDC, You really made this very easy for me. Ok i will try a new battery if the downgrade does not work and sure i will not rush for a new phone i really like this phone and that's why i am so desperate to solve the problem not selling my phone.

Thank you so much again bro. :good:

ravijokhun

Jun 20, 2011
Vacoas
Thanks a lot ArtDC, You really made this very easy for me. Ok i will try a new battery if the downgrade does not work and sure i will not rush for a new phone i really like this phone and that's why i am so desperate to solve the problem not selling my phone.

Thank you so much again bro. :good:

Ok...downgrading might not solve the issue. Here are a few things to try.

1) For the phone shutdown issue when charged to 100% install safecharge from playstore. It will prevent the issue from happening.
2) Are you rooted? if yes you can download an app from playstore to clear your battery stats and let it recalibrate....it sure looks like a calibration issue to me
3) Do you have a microsd card in the phone? try without it..microsd cards can cause a lot of issues on this phone
4) Do a complete factory reset....i really mean a complete, that is you need to wipe your internal storage to..Don't forget to backup your stuff first.

Give it a try and let me know

faisal3dfx

Nov 2, 2013
Ok...downgrading might not solve the issue. Here are a few things to try.

1) For the phone shutdown issue when charged to 100% install safecharge from playstore. It will prevent the issue from happening.
2) Are you rooted? if yes you can download an app from playstore to clear your battery stats and let it recalibrate....it sure looks like a calibration issue to me
3) Do you have a microsd card in the phone? try without it..microsd cards can cause a lot of issues on this phone
4) Do a complete factory reset....i really mean a complete, that is you need to wipe your internal storage to..Don't forget to backup your stuff first.

Give it a try and let me know

Hey bro,
1) i've already installed Safecharge from play store and yes it does prevent my phone from shutting down when 100% charged.
2) No i'm not rooted so i guess i can't download the battery callibrator app. Is there any other way to do so?
3) yes i've MicroSD card installed. I tried without it once but not for long but it was same behavior.
4) I did a complete factory reset with erase internal memory fully. After that my phone was Really OK for a while but after installing all the apps from my backup maybe 1-2 days later same problem occurs.

If you need to know which apps i am using right now here is the list of my apps

Whatsapp, Viber, Twitter, Flashlight, ESfile manager, Android Assistant, Audio Manager(For hiding image), Google Translator, GoSMS pro, All the default apps Facebook is pre-installed but i don't use facebook And no antivirus.

Can you find the problem bro?
Thanks A Lot.

ravijokhun

Jun 20, 2011
Vacoas
Hey bro,
1) i've already installed Safecharge from play store and yes it does prevent my phone from shutting down when 100% charged.
2) No i'm not rooted so i guess i can't download the battery callibrator app. Is there any other way to do so?
3) yes i've MicroSD card installed. I tried without it once but not for long but it was same behavior.
4) I did a complete factory reset with erase internal memory fully. After that my phone was Really OK for a while but after installing all the apps from my backup maybe 1-2 days later same problem occurs.

If you need to know which apps i am using right now here is the list of my apps

Whatsapp, Viber, Twitter, Flashlight, ESfile manager, Android Assistant, Audio Manager(For hiding image), Google Translator, GoSMS pro, All the default apps Facebook is pre-installed but i don't use facebook And no antivirus.

Can you find the problem bro?
Thanks A Lot.

If you are not routed you cannot recalibrate battery manually. Anyway when you factory reset it should in theory clear battery stats.

Have you tried not restoring apps from backup? try it..

If still no good i suggest you change the battery...Its unlikely to be the phone itself.

Tried flashing an FTF from another region?

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
Hey bro,

If you are not routed you cannot recalibrate battery manually. Anyway when you factory reset it should in theory clear battery stats.

Once again, as it has been said many times before, deleting battery stats does not improve battery life, and does not affect the battery in any way whatsoever. If you want to delete the stats, just charge your phone, it'll delete and reset once it gets to a full charge and you unplug it. Basically, if you want to do some sort of calibration, just let your phone discharge all the way until it turns off, then let it charge all the way to 100% without unplugging it.

In the end, as stated here:

It has no impact on the current battery level shown to you.

It has no impact on your battery life.

Deleting it is not going to do anything to make your more device more fantastic and wonderful... well, unless you have some deep hatred for seeing anything shown in the battery usage UI.

Regarding preventing your phone from shutting off when reaching 100%, I think this behavior is controlled by some system app. It's only happened to me once. What I generally do after flashing is freeze all the bloatware, so I think I might also be freezing the app that controls this behavior.

I actually never believed people who said it happened to them until I forgot to freeze the usual apps I freeze, but I still haven't pinpointed which app it is, so I could also be wrong (which doesn't make sense since after two days when my battery runs out I generally leave it charging during the night, and it never turns off).

faisal3dfx

Nov 2, 2013
ArtDc no I haven't flashed any ftf from another region coz the link you gave for ftf there I found one ftf of 4.1.2 which is hongkong and i tried downloading it yesterday but the file is missing. I made my current firmware backup using flash tool last night. So what do you think? Should I try downgrade my os or stay on the current version? For the battery behavior, I am really frustrated even it's showing 45-50% but turns off suddenly. If the battery is draining faster that is not a problem for me but the percentage should show accurately so that I know when it's going to turn off. That is the main problem.

ArtDC

Apr 2, 2014
ArtDc no I haven't flashed any ftf from another region coz the link you gave for ftf there I found one ftf of 4.1.2 which is hongkong and i tried downloading it yesterday but the file is missing. I made my current firmware backup using flash tool last night. So what do you think? Should I try downgrade my os or stay on the current version? For the battery behavior, I am really frustrated even it's showing 45-50% but turns off suddenly. If the battery is draining faster that is not a problem for me but the percentage should show accurately so that I know when it's going to turn off. That is the main problem.

Here's the link to 4.1.2 that seems to be working. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2333374 Hope that will fix it. If so, and if you want a 4.3, then you can gradually upgrade to the higher versions (.295, 199, .205) from different regions and see which one is good for your phone. If not, I believe you could root the 4.1.2 once you're back on it, and then you will have more options to use different mods/tools to solve your problem. Anyway, I would play with different software available before investing into repairs/battery replacement. FW for some regions was reported to be more stable than others, e.g. .205 CE Skyfall seems to have least issues. You could try it right away. Although, battery issues mostly surfaced with the 4.3 update, but who knows, it might work for you. Good luck!

Edited: please ignore the .205 CE Skyfall above, no such FW for Xperia TX as far as I know. Got confused with .199 CE and .205 IT Skyfall editions, but that's for Xperia T. You can't use it for TX, of course. Once again, I would try downgrading to 4.1.2 and/or different regions/versions of 4.3.

Last edited:

faisal3dfx

Nov 2, 2013
Here's the link to 4.1.2 that seems to be working. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2333374 Hope that will fix it. If so, and if you want a 4.3, then you can gradually upgrade to the higher versions (.295, 199, .205) from different regions and see which one is good for your phone. If not, I believe you could root the 4.1.2 once you're back on it, and then you will have more options to use different mods/tools to solve your problem. Anyway, I would play with different software available before investing into repairs/battery replacement. FW for some regions was reported to be more stable than others, e.g. .205 CE Skyfall seems to have least issues. You could try it right away. Although, battery issues mostly surfaced with the 4.3 update, but who knows, it might work for you. Good luck!

Thanks for your reply bro. Can you tell me if there is. 205 CE Skyfall edition available for tx? If available where can I find it?

ArtDC

Apr 2, 2014
Thanks for your reply bro. Can you tell me if there is. 205 CE Skyfall edition available for tx? If available where can I find it?

My mistake about .205 CE Skyfall, edited in the previous post. I would first downgrade back to 4.1.2 just to make sure it's a software issue, and then try available TX versions of 4.3, they may be different regarding to various bugs.

faisal3dfx

Nov 2, 2013
My mistake about .205 CE Skyfall, edited in the previous post. I would first downgrade back to 4.1.2 just to make sure it's a software issue, and then try available TX versions of 4.3, they may be different regarding to various bugs.

Ok ArtDc I got it. No problem. I'll try the 4.1.2 version to check if this problem is a software issue or my battery is week. I'll tell you after the process.

Thanks a lot for your valuable replays.

harrymason37

Jan 17, 2014
Tago
Ok ArtDc I got it. No problem. I'll try the 4.1.2 version to check if this problem is a software issue or my battery is week. I'll tell you after the process.

Thanks a lot for your valuable replays.

From my experience, you can flash any region as long as it is unbranded or generic

Sent from my LT25i using XDA Free mobile app