[Q] Updated my S4 to 4.4.2 now it no longer functions correctly. Solution?

Search This thread

Watson30

Dec 9, 2014
I recently decided to return my phone to stock, so I downloaded the most recent update of KITKAT 4.4.2 from sammobile. I uploaded the new firmware using ODIN and experienced no issues up until I started my phone for the first time. I performed a factory reset and also deleted the cache but it made no noticeable difference.

I now have absolutely no control over my phone, it now lags and I am unable to make phone calls, connect to WIFI or turn up the volume.

I'm not very familiar with these phones but im fairly certain that either something wasn't updated correctly or one of the files may be corrupt.

Could anyone point me in the right direction and provide me with the correct firmware or information to correct this issue?

Thank you.

PHONE:SGH-I337M TELUS
BASEBAND: I337MVLUAMDJ
BUILD NUMBER: KOT49H.1337MVLUFNI2
KERAL VERSION: 3.4.0-2767305

Last edited:

Watson30

Dec 9, 2014
As far as I know I updated with the most recent software.

Is it possible that a modem update could fix all the issues I'm experiencing?

Would you be able to provide me with the most recent firmware and modem update?

I've been having nothing but issues trying to download from these mirror sites.

HORiZUN

Dec 12, 2010
Jacksonville, NC
No, as I don't have your variant of the S4. I have an SGH-M919. Flashing is pretty standard across the board assuming you can install a custom recovery. I'm not sure if you have TWRP/CWM or are using SafeStrap. I can't stand touchwiz, so I usually run some form of AOSP. That may not be an option for your handset, especially if the bootloader is locked.

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
I recently decided to return my phone to stock, so I downloaded the most recent update of KITKAT 4.4.2 from sammobile. I uploaded the new firmware using ODIN and experienced no issues up until I started my phone for the first time. I performed a factory reset and also deleted the cache but it made no noticeable difference.

I now have absolutely no control over my phone, it now lags and I am unable to make phone calls, connect to WIFI or turn up the volume.

I'm not very familiar with these phones but im fairly certain that either something wasn't updated correctly or one of the files may be corrupt.

Could anyone point me in the right direction and provide me with the correct firmware or information to correct this issue?

Thank you.

PHONE:SGH-I337M TELUS
BASEBAND: I337MVLUAMDJ
BUILD NUMBER: KOT49H.1337MVLUFNI2
KERAL VERSION: 3.4.0-2767305
Latest update for your device is: HERE .You must follow this steps:
1. Download, unzip it and flash the .tar file through ODIN.
2. Wait the process finish and reboot your phone.
3. Reflash the same firmware if you still having problems with WIFI, lag, sound, etc.
4. Good luck :)