[REQUEST] Stock Rooted 4.4.2 System Backup

Search This thread

zachariahpope

May 5, 2012
Just like the title says, I'm requesting a stock 4.4.2 rooted backup from someone who has an unlocked bootloader, and as much as I read the forums I know that's several of you. Please help us achieve root on locked bootloaders still running 9.30.1... We'd all like to have the option of upgrading with root, so please give back to the community a little bit... Don't forget I was the first to post links to the KitKat OTAS for you all. This is highly frustrating for someone like me who used to be unlocked and then had to receive a replacement locked device. All you have to do is install safe strap and make a backup of your system for us... Safestrap will not replace your custom recovery but work alongside it. Also if anyone can post a kernel for us, that would be great as well. You can make a twrp backup of your rooted system and pull the kernel from that, but unfortunately safe strap doesn't back up the kernel so we would need both the kernel and the safestrap backup separately. We can get the baseband later on when the FXZ is released. I know the RAZR M baseband for 4.4.2 runs just fine on 9.30.1 so I'm I'm assuming we can run the old baseband with no issues. I've posted several requests for a safestrap backup on several threads the past couple of days to no avail. Please someone step up and get us that backup and that kernel. Here is a link to the safe strap APK. http://hosting.crackflasher.com/get...f/vanquish/safestrap/Safestrap-XT926-3.60.apk

Flayzor

Feb 1, 2014
Just like the title says, I'm requesting a stock 4.4.2 rooted backup from someone who has an unlocked bootloader, and as much as I read the forums I know that's several of you. Please help us achieve root on locked bootloaders still running 9.30.1... We'd all like to have the option of upgrading with root, so please give back to the community a little bit... Don't forget I was the first to post links to the KitKat OTAS for you all. This is highly frustrating for someone like me who used to be unlocked and then had to receive a replacement locked device. All you have to do is install safe strap and make a backup of your system for us... Safestrap will not replace your custom recovery but work alongside it. Also if anyone can post a kernel for us, that would be great as well. You can make a twrp backup of your rooted system and pull the kernel from that, but unfortunately safe strap doesn't back up the kernel so we would need both the kernel and the safestrap backup separately. We can get the baseband later on when the FXZ is released. I know the RAZR M baseband for 4.4.2 runs just fine on 9.30.1 so I'm I'm assuming we can run the old baseband with no issues. I've posted several requests for a safestrap backup on several threads the past couple of days to no avail. Please someone step up and get us that backup and that kernel. Here is a link to the safe strap APK. http://hosting.crackflasher.com/get...f/vanquish/safestrap/Safestrap-XT926-3.60.apk

I think you should provide a "how-to" for those people who want to help with this issue, something like
"Step 1: Make sure you are on stock OTA or reflash FXZ"
"Step 2: Root your phone with the method described (link to the root method for unlocked xt926)"
"Step 3: Install Safestrap (link to Safestrap)"
"Step 4: Reboot into Safestrap recovery and make back up of a /system"

And please, all of the above is just an EXAMPLE, DO NOT FOLLOW THESE STEPS, wait for someone who is really respectable in the rooting scene, like SamuriHL or the OP, someone who knows what he needs from unlocked rooted stock and what he can do with that.

All I am saying, just provide a user-friendly how-to-do and you might have more dumps than you need ^^

zachariahpope

May 5, 2012
I think you should provide a "how-to" for those people who want to help with this issue, something like
"Step 1: Make sure you are on stock OTA or reflash FXZ"
"Step 2: Root your phone with the method described (link to the root method for unlocked xt926)"
"Step 3: Install Safestrap (link to Safestrap)"
"Step 4: Reboot into Safestrap recovery and make back up of a /system"

And please, all of the above is just an EXAMPLE, DO NOT FOLLOW THESE STEPS, wait for someone who is really respectable in the rooting scene, like SamuriHL or the OP, someone who knows what he needs from unlocked rooted stock and what he can do with that.

All I am saying, just provide a user-friendly how-to-do and you might have more dumps than you need ^^

Um, First of all you do realize I AM the OP that you quoted... but you may have a point nonetheless.

1. Make sure your boot loader is unlocked and you're running a stock rooted 4.4.2 system.
2. Install the safestrap APK provided above.
3. Open the APK. Press Install Recovery. Reboot phone.
4. After boot logo, you should see a safe strap splash screen. Press the bottom left button to enter recovery.
5. Once in recovery, backup your current system to either internal or external storage. It will be placed in a TWRP/Backups folder
6. Upload the backup here to XDA for myself or Sammy @SamuriHL to disect & perform experiments on.

bill0405

May 12, 2014
Chicago
Just like the title says, I'm requesting a stock 4.4.2 rooted backup from someone who has an unlocked bootloader, and as much as I read the forums I know that's several of you. Please help us achieve root on locked bootloaders still running 9.30.1... We'd all like to have the option of upgrading with root, so please give back to the community a little bit... Don't forget I was the first to post links to the KitKat OTAS for you all. This is highly frustrating for someone like me who used to be unlocked and then had to receive a replacement locked device. All you have to do is install safe strap and make a backup of your system for us... Safestrap will not replace your custom recovery but work alongside it. Also if anyone can post a kernel for us, that would be great as well. You can make a twrp backup of your rooted system and pull the kernel from that, but unfortunately safe strap doesn't back up the kernel so we would need both the kernel and the safestrap backup separately. We can get the baseband later on when the FXZ is released. I know the RAZR M baseband for 4.4.2 runs just fine on 9.30.1 so I'm I'm assuming we can run the old baseband with no issues. I've posted several requests for a safestrap backup on several threads the past couple of days to no avail. Please someone step up and get us that backup and that kernel.

Zach will you be the one working on getting the locked bootloader rooted, or are you just requesting the files that would help someone get the root working? If you will be working on it, "I'll be watching you with great interest" :p

There being no root for 4.4.2 is the only thing holding me back from upgrading. Thanks and good luck!!!

iBolski

Safestrap is not working on 4.4.2, at least not on my HD

I thought I had stated this before, or maybe I was just thinking it? That's why I didn't respond, but now someone has definitely verified it and that's what I was thinking.

Safestrap, like CWM and TWRP, was compiled to run against the JB kernel, so I felt if CWM and TWRP didn't run, why would Safestrap?

And, I don't know if anyone is working on updating Safestrap since that dev community is very small compared to the dev community for unlocked bootloaders for the XT926.

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
i confirmed ss not working yesterday but didnt post it, sorry.
we are exploring other options now and will post progress, if any, as it becomes available.

Reactions: iBolski

tech_head

I was perusing the Droid Razr HD area because I have a Razr HD with an unlocked bootloader I plan to put up for sell.
Before that though, what can I do to help you out?

I forget what Version of software it's running.
It does have TWRP flashed so I know it'can't take the OTA unless I remove the custom recovery and go back to stock.

Anyway, if there is something I can do PM me.

DorianX

I was perusing the Droid Razr HD area because I have a Razr HD with an unlocked bootloader I plan to put up for sell.
Before that though, what can I do to help you out?

I forget what Version of software it's running.
It does have TWRP flashed so I know it'can't take the OTA unless I remove the custom recovery and go back to stock.

Anyway, if there is something I can do PM me.

Enviado desde mi HTC Explorer A310e mediante Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Safestrap is not working on 4.4.2, at least not on my HD
    i confirmed ss not working yesterday but didnt post it, sorry.
    we are exploring other options now and will post progress, if any, as it becomes available.