Strange Notification issue with Facebook messenger.

Search This thread

MrIngenieur

May 31, 2014
Hi!
My gear fit has some problems with notifications on Facebook messenger. If i receive a new message, the watch doesn't vibrate and screen stays off.
If i look in the notifications menu on the watch, the facebook messenger icon appears and i can See the notification. So the watch receives the notification but doesnt alert me..
All other App-Notifications and alerts work perfectly.

Anyone with the same issue?
Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.3 latest update
Gear fit with NE5 Firmware and Gear Fit Manager 1.67

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

reddxx

Aug 1, 2007
Hi!
My gear fit has some problems with notifications on Facebook messenger. If i receive a new message, the watch doesn't vibrate and screen stays off.
If i look in the notifications menu on the watch, the facebook messenger icon appears and i can See the notification. So the watch receives the notification but doesnt alert me..

i hace same problem but with whatsupp notifications ,Facebook works ok.
I have RX350XXU0BNE5 versión on gear fit. it's updated last week, before update worked fine :(

Please help!!

hunterofshadows

Apr 11, 2009
Hi!

I have the same problem, but i think that is because the bubbles are open, if i close the bubbles from messenger app, the notifications work

skraam

Jul 11, 2010
For me the same happens with whattsapp. I`m still lookimg for solution. This is the only app that doesnt work.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

reddxx

Aug 1, 2007
For me the same happens with whattsapp. I`m still lookimg for solution. This is the only app that doesnt work.

After tried almos everything i've found solution for whatsupp notifications:

You have to set vibrate instead of "default" to "short" inside whatsup, this makes gear fit vibrate when it get notification and the mobile vibrates as well correctly. If set as mine in silent mode it doesn't vibrate but gearfit does as it should be :D

Maybe facebook messenger app have this kind of settings to override android general notifications system.

(Sorry for my cherokeesh english, it's not my mother tonge as you can see)

Bingley

Jan 6, 2011
Netherfield

You have to set vibrate instead of "default" to "short" inside whatsup, this makes gear fit vibrate when it get notification and the mobile vibrates as well correctly. If set as mine in silent mode it doesn't vibrate but gearfit does as it should be :D

Maybe facebook messenger app have this kind of settings to override android general notifications system.

This drives me crazy...both whatsapp and Facebook messenger disregard device notification setup (silent, vibrate) and you have to change them in app manually every time for each app. This it so stupid, how can they be made to follow the current device notification profile?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.