HTC Amaze won't turn on or charge

Search This thread

cowboy1995

Aug 14, 2012
My Amaze was connected via USB to my Ubuntu laptop and I was testing a game I was working on. Suddenly, my computer could not recognize my device and, my device and charging light was off (the battery was at ~94%). I have 3 batteries, and none of them work when trying to power on the device. My device was S-OFF, SuperCID, rooted, and running Android Revolution ROM HD. I was using a Samsung cable if that makes a difference. I tried booting with Power+Vol. Down but that did not work. I figure it is a hardware problem, but it seems odd that it would do this all of a sudden. Can anybody confirm what is wrong with it, and maybe a possible fix? Thanks!

Edit: I get the QHUSB_DLOAD driver message.

Last edited:

ezdi

Dec 14, 2010
Sorry, your phone is almost bricked. Flash chip bug makes large chunks of the entire flash unreadable. It's more likely to happen if you issue a trim command or format a partition in the wrong way. (Well, it's the right way for flash, but our chip can get borked.) Mine just happened when I was copying a bunch of data over.

You corrupted something fairly early in the boot process but not the earliest thing. Search for fixes for the qhusb and you'll find a couple things. They didn't work for me, but might for you. Even if you fix it, it might re-brick itself after a bit of usage.

Reactions: cowboy1995

cowboy1995

Aug 14, 2012
Sorry, your phone is almost bricked. Flash chip bug makes large chunks of the entire flash unreadable. It's more likely to happen if you issue a trim command or format a partition in the wrong way. (Well, it's the right way for flash, but our chip can get borked.) Mine just happened when I was copying a bunch of data over.

You corrupted something fairly early in the boot process but not the earliest thing. Search for fixes for the qhusb and you'll find a couple things. They didn't work for me, but might for you. Even if you fix it, it might re-brick itself after a bit of usage.

Thank you for your response! You logic seems to be correct as I wasn't messing with any critical files. Please update your post if you find a solution! :D

ezdi

Dec 14, 2010
Did you find the post(s) I was talking about? They may work for you. It basically involves trying to rewrite the bootloader.

I ended up punting and trying to desolder the MMC chip so I could try to get my data off it. Unfortunately, it's epoxied on so it got very damaged even though I was using a pretty good hot-air reflow station, so I haven't tried soldering it to a SD-card reader.

Reactions: cowboy1995

cowboy1995

Aug 14, 2012
Did you find the post(s) I was talking about? They may work for you. It basically involves trying to rewrite the bootloader.

I ended up punting and trying to desolder the MMC chip so I could try to get my data off it. Unfortunately, it's epoxied on so it got very damaged even though I was using a pretty good hot-air reflow station, so I haven't tried soldering it to a SD-card reader.

I have tried that numerous times to rewrite the bootloader, but to no avail. Can you post a picture, and do you think a JTAG would work?

ezdi

Dec 14, 2010
I have tried that numerous times to rewrite the bootloader, but to no avail. Can you post a picture, and do you think a JTAG would work?

Picture of the board? I think I have it around somewhere. If I can find it, sure.

In theory it should work, but I don't think anyone has publicly mapped out the pins for it and I didn't feel like trying to figure out the software side of things to connect it to the generic JTAG adapters I have access to. It's possible that one of the phone-centric JTAG makers has an adapter board, but I'm not willing to spend $bank on a phone worth barely anything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.