[Mockup Theme] Dream by giannisgx89 - UPDATE: New Parts & 11 PSD files!!! [12/5/2011]

Search This thread

giannisgx89

Oct 3, 2010
Siegburg
[Mockup Theme] Dream by giannisgx89 - UPDATE: New Parts & 11 PSD files!!! [12/5/2011]

Hello guys! :)

Recently i've been working on a new theme with HQ graphics and some inspiration of miui and ios for my galaxy s and the
theme looks like this:

DOWNLOAD the PSD files here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1070889&page=6
See the 53 post!!!

UPDATE: 10/5/2011

New graphical parts,
Redesigned the lockscreen,
Added file explorer
Fix minor glitches on music player
New camera design!
New USB storage
New messages

... and soon a new Launcher Concept will come! ;)

33lnk00.jpg

nzhuhf.jpg

34dl7as.png

2nali6p.jpg

t9feyc.jpg

Actually this is only a mockup and as i'm don't know how to make it work, if anyone
wants to help me with this theme it would be nice! :)
I would like to design this theme based on android menus etc. but with way better graphics.

Also of course i'll design all the graphical parts for the theme and i'm going to make it very professional!

So tell me what do you think? :)

Last edited:

saphirrot

Aug 28, 2010
OnePlus 12
uiiiiiiiiiiiiii, this locks awesome mate. but it will be cool if you can add other colors like blue green etc ... i dont like the orange

the brush looks cool too

pele78

Oct 5, 2010
Cambridgeshire, England
looks good and provides more variety to i9000 which i like to see.

there are many theme gurus ard who would be more than happy to help you.

just post you questions and we be glad to help you :)

Reactions: sv0911

tt0204

Oct 29, 2010
Greaaaaaaaaat! Amazing theme! I will use it once it's done.

And I would like to ask the first question for him as someone who don't know how to theme: where to start?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

giannisgx89

Oct 3, 2010
Siegburg
Hey thanks guys i'm glad that you like it :)
As "tt0204" said for someone like me who don't know how to theme from where should i start?

Also i know that some parts are not images and they can be modified via .xml file but lets first start with the basics :p

Reactions: kouklakis

pele78

Oct 5, 2010
Cambridgeshire, England
Greaaaaaaaaat! Amazing theme! I will use it once it's done.

And I would like to ask the first question for him as someone who don't know how to theme: where to start?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

start on jvh as thats whats just up and coming for 2.3.3

or

you can start on the stable and widely used 2.2.1 rom bases

plenty of guides ard

pele78

Oct 5, 2010
Cambridgeshire, England
As "tt0204" said for someone like me who don't know how to theme from where should i start?

Also i know that some parts are not images and they can be modified via .xml file but lets first start with the basics :p

your on right track already grab a rom kitchen rom wipe and non wipe of ur preferred base.

you have two folders to work with ( lets say 2.2.1 roms ) - open the zip:

navigate to system/framework/drawable-hdpi-v4 or drawable-hdpi

for frameworks and twframeworks

thats were you start with the images you will gradually get to know what is what after about 100 flashes :)

Reactions: robin786 and sv0911

ock

Mar 9, 2010

Are you familiar with apktool? Once you are comfortable with decompiling and compiling apks, it's just a matter of replacing pngs and (perhaps) editing some xml files. Do check out some info on 9 patch files as they may cause problems during the compilation process.

Good luck and looking forward to this theme! :)

Reactions: robin786 and sv0911

giannisgx89

Oct 3, 2010
Siegburg
your on right track already grab a rom kitchen rom wipe and non wipe of ur preferred base.

thats were you start with the images you will gradually get to know what is what after about 100 flashes :)

Thank you :)
I'll start right away!

Also i would like to ask if my current mockup is possible to implement into a real rom (every part of it) ?

wonsky21

Feb 16, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23
Yeah, giannisgx89, you're the man :) can't wait for at least beta release. Hope you'll post it on dART, where i'm watching you, so I won't miss it :)

myslee_ovi

Dec 22, 2007

Actually this is only a mockup and as i'm don't know how to make it work, if anyone
I would like to design this theme based on android menus etc. but with way better graphics.

Also of course i'll design all the graphical parts for the theme and i'm going to make it very professional!

Please provide me some links from your screenshot sources, specially from the lockscreen...
The lockscreen is possible too and i can make this one!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello guys! :)

Recently i've been working on a new theme with HQ graphics and some inspiration of miui and ios for my galaxy s and the
    theme looks like this:

DOWNLOAD the PSD files here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1070889&page=6
    See the 53 post!!!

UPDATE: 10/5/2011

New graphical parts,
    Redesigned the lockscreen,
    Added file explorer
    Fix minor glitches on music player
    New camera design!
    New USB storage
    New messages

... and soon a new Launcher Concept will come! ;)

33lnk00.jpg

nzhuhf.jpg

34dl7as.png

2nali6p.jpg

t9feyc.jpg

Here guys you can download 11 PSD files for all my conecpts. :)
    Fell free to use them as you like cause i found it very difficult to start porting the images!
    Thanks!

I will design contacts and all the other missing element of the theme for sure! :)
    Once i'll complete the whole concept then i'll start porting it (hope it won't be SOdifficult).

Thank you :)
    I'll start right away!

Also i would like to ask if my current mockup is possible to implement into a real rom (every part of it) ?