Motorola Atrix UK Orange thread

Search This thread

stevendeb25

May 27, 2010
england
pnht.org
I am still waiting for my free work and play kit.

got one of those "sorry we missed you things" so think its here. but cheeky sods gotta pay 1.46 coz whoever sent it didnt pay full postage. lol hope its not orange

nitrox1

May 24, 2010
Happy, getting stuck in.
On french 2.1.1 and rooted for the time being.
Soon the freezing will begin, aswell as the transferring over from my desire.

Full linux webtop looks good, anyone trying it?

Swyped from 'mount' Olympus

stevendeb25

May 27, 2010
england
pnht.org
Happy, getting stuck in.
On french 2.1.1 and rooted for the time being.
Soon the freezing will begin, aswell as the transferring over from my desire.

Full linux webtop looks good, anyone trying it?

no not tried it yet, will do soon tho. you would have thought on the webtop partition we might be able to boot off that instead of messing with boot loader like booting off mmc.

CodeMonkey

Oct 6, 2005
The free accessories works in the shop as long as it's an existing Orange customer upgrade during May. Had a card though the door yesterday from a courier which I suspect might be the work and play kit as I haven't ordered anything else.

So today I had another work & play kit show up without charge or warning lol. Yesterday I sent back the phone ordered off the web together with a SIM that showed up that morning (one that they said they couldn't send me)...
Going to try and pickup a standard dock for my bedside in store tomorrow. Then I just need to send back the first work & play kit and the first standard dock to finish cancelling the web order account.

Not the smoothest contract switch process but the end may finally be in sight lol...

Monkey see, monkey do.

nitrox1

May 24, 2010
So today I had another work & play kit show up without charge or warning lol. Yesterday I sent back the phone ordered off the web together with a SIM that showed up that morning (one that they said they couldn't send me)...
Going to try and pickup a standard dock for my bedside in store tomorrow. Then I just need to send back the first work & play kit and the first standard dock to finish cancelling the web order account.

Not the smoothest contract switch process but the end may finally be in sight lol...

Monkey see, monkey do.

So you ordered one phone, one web and play, and one sim.
How many did you get? And how many have you sent back?

CodeMonkey

Oct 6, 2005
So you ordered one phone, one web and play, and one sim.
How many did you get? And how many have you sent back?

Not exactly.
Sunday:
Ordered 1 phone (new contract) with SIM + Work n Play + Standard Dock from web.

Thursday:
Order delayed from Wednesday, phone arrived without SIM assigned / attached, docks delayed (order split).

Orange said that they couldn't supply a SIM for that phone so I had to return phone and wait for phone + SIM to be sent out. I disagreed, and we agreed that I'd cancel the web order and get a phone + accessories in store. So I went and got phone in store, but no accessories in stock so they said they'd send them out.

Friday:
Accessories for cancelled web order arrived (despatched after cancellation on Thursday).
Requested return bags

.....Numerous phone calls later.....

Store + some customer service staff tell me that I can use the web order accessories with my store phone and don't need to return them.
Returns tell me I must return the accessories or be deemed not to have cancelled the contract.

*Kafka-esk nightmare ensues*

My (store) account is (supposedly) credited with £80 to cover store cost of accessories pack + free dock for the hassle.

.....Time passes (mostly on the phone)....

Thursday: (week after delivery)
Return bag for web order phone arrives. SIM for web order phone arrives (despatched the Monday after I cancelled the order).
Return web order phone and SIM.

Friday:
Work and play kit shows up with different account number (neither web nor store) - I've assumed that this was despatched based on my last couple of phone calls with a troubleshooter on the Query team.

still waiting to return the web accessories - no bag shown up yet..

c_man

May 3, 2010
London, UK
Played with the Atrix today for the first time, in a Orange store.

Was really pleasently surprised. It confirms my suspicons that 4" is indeed the perfect size. The phone was pretty snappy too. I was pleased with the screen, despite so many reports of it's poor quality. Photos taken on the camera seemed pretty washed out / pale, not impressed at all. Back case felt really cheap, tapping with a finger really did sound cheap/plasticy :(.

If this phone had an unlocked bootloader / developer backing, it would easily be my preferred choice, above the SGSII and Sensation. Gutted.

nitrox1

May 24, 2010
Not exactly.
Sunday:
Ordered 1 phone (new contract) with SIM + Work n Play + Standard Dock from web.

Thursday:
Order delayed from Wednesday, phone arrived without SIM assigned / attached, docks delayed (order split).

Orange said that they couldn't supply a SIM for that phone so I had to return phone and wait for phone + SIM to be sent out. I disagreed, and we agreed that I'd cancel the web order and get a phone + accessories in store. So I went and got phone in store, but no accessories in stock so they said they'd send them out.

Friday:
Accessories for cancelled web order arrived (despatched after cancellation on Thursday).
Requested return bags

.....Numerous phone calls later.....

Store + some customer service staff tell me that I can use the web order accessories with my store phone and don't need to return them.
Returns tell me I must return the accessories or be deemed not to have cancelled the contract.

*Kafka-esk nightmare ensues*

My (store) account is (supposedly) credited with £80 to cover store cost of accessories pack + free dock for the hassle.

.....Time passes (mostly on the phone)....

Thursday: (week after delivery)
Return bag for web order phone arrives. SIM for web order phone arrives (despatched the Monday after I cancelled the order).
Return web order phone and SIM.

Friday:
Work and play kit shows up with different account number (neither web nor store) - I've assumed that this was despatched based on my last couple of phone calls with a troubleshooter on the Query team.

still waiting to return the web accessories - no bag shown up yet..

Now that's funny, not for you admittedly, but you'll look back and laugh. As you fall over web and play kits, and return bags.

ears1991

Apr 23, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Anyone here still on stock?
If so take a look here: http://modmymobile.com/forums/659-motorola-atrix-4g-general/562049-atrix-firmwares-superthread.html

no idea how but this guy seems to think he might be able to get hold of an sbf for us:

How to request for a firmware:
Submit the following files (using adb pull):
/system/default.prop
/system/build.prop
/system/etc/motorola/bp_nvm_default/File_GSM
about phone > weptop version

if you can post those files to this guy maybe he could get it and then we have a way of getting back to stock, stab in the dark but worth a go i think

Reactions: stevendeb25

CodeMonkey

Oct 6, 2005
Now that's funny, not for you admittedly, but you'll look back and laugh. As you fall over web and play kits, and return bags.

Well I'm past the worst of it now (I think), and I seem to be £130 up on the whole thing...
- Free work and play kit (didn't have to pay for it per store deal)
- £50 credit on store account to cover paying for work and play kit
- £30 credit for inconvenience to cover a standard dock (ordered from Amazon yesterday)..

At least the blood isn't roaring in my ears anymore :)

nitrox1

May 24, 2010
Anyone here still on stock?
If so take a look here: http://modmymobile.com/forums/659-motorola-atrix-4g-general/562049-atrix-firmwares-superthread.html

no idea how but this guy seems to think he might be able to get hold of an sbf for us:

How to request for a firmware:
Submit the following files (using adb pull):
/system/default.prop
/system/build.prop
/system/etc/motorola/bp_nvm_default/File_GSM
about phone > weptop version

if you can post those files to this guy maybe he could get it and then we have a way of getting back to stock, stab in the dark but worth a go i think

Anyone able to do this, as preferred our stock rom, over fr 2.1.1?

ears1991

Apr 23, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I am still on stock, rooted tho, so will have a go during the week in pulling them files.

nice one, you might need to be rooted to pull them anyway seeing as they are in the system folder,

i assume you just need to open a command window in the adb folder, type adb shell, then su (accept request on phone), then adb pull /system/default.prop default.prop

and so on

havnt tried pulling files before but that seems to be how you do it

lonegunman

Jan 10, 2004
london
No not used the adb pull as yet but have used adb for fastboot,rom flashing etc so sure it can't be too hard plus I am bound to find a guide around just incase.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts