Would you guys buy this note 2?

Search This thread

Zamboney

Feb 20, 2012
I got inspired by the thread asking if were going to upgrade to gs3 and thought about what would really make me upgrade my Note.

Would you guys upgrade to this Note successor?

Samsung Galaxy Note Revolution specs:

2GB RAM 32GB+ unified storage and sd slot
dual Cortex A15 2GHZ+ with Mali-600 or better GPU
Non-pentile 1080p AMOLED 16:9 6" no horizontal bezel screen (since the ratio changed and no bezel it's still perfectly usable with one hand, probably even better than now)
Water-proof with nano coating
The power button is moved to the top to avoid pressing when adjusting volume (THE best feature!) and headset jack to the bottom.
Wolfson audio codec with headphone amp
Built in stand
Wireless inductive charging
Much improved battery and other power saving features doubling the lifetime
S-Pen calibration and bump on the button
Screen gamma calibration for perfect gray scales with no black clipping
Android Jelly Bean OS 5.0
NFC support
Speaker in the front
Nokia licensed 41MP camera and lens
Penta-band and LTE a given with multiple 802.11n antennas for 100Mb+ mimo wifi and BT 3.1+
Improved Dragon™ glass for perfect scratch protection
HTC Sense launcher ;)
Separate MHL and extra micro USB for concurrent screen and keyboard+mouse computer action with Ubuntu when docked
Oh, and a flat tangle-free headphone cord!

I myself would gladly pay a $1000+ for a phone like that. A wet dream for me :D Anyone else?

I hope Samsung (though most probably Apple will steal these ideas) is reading this and get inspired for the next version!
Release it in Q3 :p

Sent from my superior GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

xdapao3

Oct 31, 2008
Yep that's a dream device :) but a couple of points:
- Built in stand & Wireless inductive charging & licensed 41MP camera and lens = since they would likely make the device thicker and heavier I don't want them, plus who cares about wireless charging, I NEVER plug in my Note (save for when it's in the car stand) since I just swap batteries and charge them separately (I really can't understand how can every smartphone user be NOT doing this!!)
- Speaker in the front = that would likely take up precious front facia real estate so no thanks, current placement is good enough
- HTC Sense launcher = absolutely not!

Oh and what I would add is keeping a mean (front touch button?) to wake up the device without having to press the lateral power button, like today we can do with the hardware home button.

Last edited:

M3TALLICA

Nov 14, 2011
Here is what I think Note 2 would be like ...
Quadcore atleast 1.8 ghz
Ram 2gb
Screen size - same
Camera - 18mp
Storage - 32/64 gb
Battery 5000 mah
Even slimmer
If it has such specs I'ld upgrade.
Don't need wireless charging or 41mp crap.

Zamboney

Feb 20, 2012
Yep that's a dream device :) but a couple of points:
- Built in stand & Wireless inductive charging & licensed 41MP camera and lens = since they would likely make the device thicker and heavier I don't want them, plus who cares about wireless charging, I NEVER plug in my Note (save for when it's in the car stand) since I just swap batteries and charge them separately (I really can't understand how can every smartphone user be NOT doing this!!)
- Speaker in the front = that would likely take up precious front facia real estate so no thanks, current placement is good enough
- HTC Sense launcher = absolutely not!

Oh and what I would add is keeping a mean (front touch button?) to wake up the device without having to press the lateral power button, like today we can do with the hardware home button.

Good points. The wireless charging was from a gs3 speculation and if they managed to keep it slim with it, then why not.

The speaker would be a very slim strip at the bottom. Would really help with conference calls and listening to music without headphones I think.

Sense is just much better than touch wiz but I guess we'll all be running clean AOSP 5.0 anyway.

Regarding the battery swapping, don't you worry about breaking those tiny little plastic nubs and having to shell out $$$ for a replacement back cover when you open it daily? I just find Samsung cover build quality really lacking.

Zamboney

Feb 20, 2012
Here is what I think Note 2 would be like ...
Quadcore atleast 1.8 ghz
Ram 2gb
Screen size - same
Camera - 18mp
Storage - 32/64 gb
Battery 5000 mah
Even slimmer
If it has such specs I'ld upgrade.
Don't need wireless charging or 41mp crap.

Actually, a dual A15 would kick a quad A9 ass in most Android applications, especially since those can be clocked much higher as well.

xdapao3

Oct 31, 2008
Good points. The wireless charging was from a gs3 speculation and if they managed to keep it slim with it, then why not.
because it's not needed.. :)
if you are REALLY using a smartphone as a smartphone and not as a phone most days (or, at the very least, often enough) you won't make the day on a single charge so until battery technology improves the only effective way to deal with it is keeping additional batteries and a separate charger, which also has the great added benefit of freeing you from having to keep your phone plugged 2-3 hours every day (and no night charging thanks, I need to keep my phone close to me powered on in airplane mode to use it as an alarm clock and to check and/or take note of whatever comes up after I went to bed). Even if the battery usually lasts you a day what about contingencies and "emergencies"..? I have used the aforementioned setup with my last 3 smartphones and I have NEVER run out of juice and I have NEVER had "juice anxiety" nor have I ever had to limit in any way the use of my smartphone.

The speaker would be a very slim strip at the bottom. Would really help with conference calls and listening to music without headphones I think.
if it was real tiny yet effective yes that would be good to have, I never listen to music without headphones but I do use the speakerphone a lot (in calls, videos, Youtube etc)

Sense is just much better than touch wiz but I guess we'll all be running clean AOSP 5.0 anyway.
just a matter of personal preferences. I would like to have as stock an experience as possible yet I appreciate makers' added "touches". I love and do use most Samsung apps, services and personalizations!!

Regarding the battery swapping, don't you worry about breaking those tiny little plastic nubs and having to shell out $$$ for a replacement back cover when you open it daily? I just find Samsung cover build quality really lacking
I have been opening it roughly once a day fot the last 5-6 months and it's still perfect, Samsung cover quality is top notch, it may seem fragil because it's so light and flexible but try and you will find that it's almost impossible to break.
Using them like that I haven't broken the back covers of my Samsung Omnia i9000, Galaxy S and Galaxy SII. And besides, EVEN IF I eventually broke the cover of my Note, I couldn't care less about the few $$ spent replacing it since the HUGE benefits of my setup are, simply put, almost priceless...

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

would u still buy it if it had an apple logo on it?
I would in a heartbeat, I would love to have Apple Care on it :D

Of course, almost everything there runs contrary to what Apple stands for. They make simple and limited hardware and software for simple and limited people...

Last edited:
Reactions: hagba

sharp2G

Nov 8, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
LOL no idea where you got those specs from, but I HIGHLY doubt that'll be the specs for the Note 2.

If a miracle comes true and those specs are real I would trade in my Note in a jiffy.

willstay

May 7, 2011
Well 2GB RAM is a must. With Tasker and Loquendo TTS speaking now and then, available RAM goes too low. I am fine with current resolution and pentile is not spoiling anything at that resolution. Don't need higher megapixel camera but shrunk lens so lens does not get scratched. And power on top is a BIG NO.

adelmundo

Oct 10, 2010
San Ramon, CA
In regards to the inductive wireless charger, I actually like it. I use the inductive wireless charger built into my HP Touchpad, and it works really well. In fact, I have broken less USB cables since the clips on the microusb cables seem to wear out over time when you constantly plug them into the microusb port. I also wouldn't worry about breaking the microusb port on the device (expensive fix and/or big hassle to fix the International version since I am in the USA). My wife's and my friend's HTC EVO 4G have both had broken microusb ports.

41 mp camera? Meh. Now a better lens (Carl Zeiss) with some optical zoom and improved sensors would be nice.

Also would like to see Pentaband with both CDMA/GSM support.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Aug 11, 2010
Ontario
I got inspired by the thread asking if were going to upgrade to gs3 and thought about what would really make me upgrade my Note.

Non-pentile 1080p AMOLED 16:9 6" no horizontal bezel screen (since the ratio changed and no bezel it's still perfectly usable with one hand, probably even better than now)
The power button is moved to the top to avoid pressing when adjusting volume (THE best feature!) and headset jack to the bottom.
Built in stand
NFC support
Speaker in the front
Penta-band and LTE a given with multiple 802.11n antennas for 100Mb+ mimo wifi and BT 3.1+
HTC Sense launcher ;)
Separate MHL and extra micro USB for concurrent screen and keyboard+mouse computer action with Ubuntu when docked

I myself would gladly pay a $1000+ for a phone like that. A wet dream for me :D Anyone else?

I hope Samsung (though most probably Apple will steal these ideas) is reading this and get inspired for the next version!

Yep, I'd upgrade. Some of it is too much too soon, as others have said.

The camera; I'd be happy with improved quickness of shutter and light sensor for indoor shooting. If I could get that and sacrifice mega pixels I'd be happy as a lark. 8mp is plenty.

The size; I can't go any bigger. If they sneak more screen into the form factor, okay... but this guy is at the limit for pocketability and I'd argue I'd keep the screen size and make the device smaller rather than the other way around.

The processor; I'm not hung up on quad core. I just want the best speed for general use and if that's dual core then dual core it is.

I like inductive charging. When I owned a touchpad that was soooo nice. Saves a lot of effort/wear-tear on the usb port.

I love the ideas.

Reactions: razorhanny

Alexanderbooth

Apr 5, 2011
I always upgrade every year, I'm hoping for same size usable screen, so with the ics on screen buttons the screen would need to be a bit bigger so I still had 5.3 inches most of the time, and slightly bigger for games and movies, which would be a bonus I think. Id be pretty pissed if they kept the screen at 5.3 and used on screen buttons aswell.

Cactoes Gel

Jan 30, 2012
SoCal
How about a phone with a battery that charges itself the more you use it? Hah!

Let's call it the Samsung Milky Way. Boom! There's an idea for you! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    because it's not needed.. :)
    if you are REALLY using a smartphone as a smartphone and not as a phone most days (or, at the very least, often enough) you won't make the day on a single charge so until battery technology improves the only effective way to deal with it is keeping additional batteries and a separate charger, which also has the great added benefit of freeing you from having to keep your phone plugged 2-3 hours every day (and no night charging thanks, I need to keep my phone close to me powered on in airplane mode to use it as an alarm clock and to check and/or take note of whatever comes up after I went to bed). Even if the battery usually lasts you a day what about contingencies and "emergencies"..? I have used the aforementioned setup with my last 3 smartphones and I have NEVER run out of juice and I have NEVER had "juice anxiety" nor have I ever had to limit in any way the use of my smartphone.

if it was real tiny yet effective yes that would be good to have, I never listen to music without headphones but I do use the speakerphone a lot (in calls, videos, Youtube etc)

just a matter of personal preferences. I would like to have as stock an experience as possible yet I appreciate makers' added "touches". I love and do use most Samsung apps, services and personalizations!!

Regarding the battery swapping, don't you worry about breaking those tiny little plastic nubs and having to shell out $$$ for a replacement back cover when you open it daily? I just find Samsung cover build quality really lacking
    I have been opening it roughly once a day fot the last 5-6 months and it's still perfect, Samsung cover quality is top notch, it may seem fragil because it's so light and flexible but try and you will find that it's almost impossible to break.
    Using them like that I haven't broken the back covers of my Samsung Omnia i9000, Galaxy S and Galaxy SII. And besides, EVEN IF I eventually broke the cover of my Note, I couldn't care less about the few $$ spent replacing it since the HUGE benefits of my setup are, simply put, almost priceless...

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

would u still buy it if it had an apple logo on it?
    I would in a heartbeat, I would love to have Apple Care on it :D

Of course, almost everything there runs contrary to what Apple stands for. They make simple and limited hardware and software for simple and limited people...

Built in stand
    NFC support
    Speaker in the front
    HTC Sense launcher ;)

Yep, I'd upgrade. Some of it is too much too soon, as others have said.

The camera; I'd be happy with improved quickness of shutter and light sensor for indoor shooting. If I could get that and sacrifice mega pixels I'd be happy as a lark. 8mp is plenty.

The size; I can't go any bigger. If they sneak more screen into the form factor, okay... but this guy is at the limit for pocketability and I'd argue I'd keep the screen size and make the device smaller rather than the other way around.

The processor; I'm not hung up on quad core. I just want the best speed for general use and if that's dual core then dual core it is.

I like inductive charging. When I owned a touchpad that was soooo nice. Saves a lot of effort/wear-tear on the usb port.

I love the ideas.
    I always upgrade every year, I'm hoping for same size usable screen, so with the ics on screen buttons the screen would need to be a bit bigger so I still had 5.3 inches most of the time, and slightly bigger for games and movies, which would be a bonus I think. Id be pretty pissed if they kept the screen at 5.3 and used on screen buttons aswell.
    How about a phone with a battery that charges itself the more you use it? Hah!

Let's call it the Samsung Milky Way. Boom! There's an idea for you! :D
    I don't get the objections about too much too soon.
    I don't get them either!
    That's something the makers "should" say, certainly not us customers!! :D

Also, a 6" 16:9 (current note is 16:10)
    :eek: I missed that bit! I am TOTALLY against a 16:9 aspect ratio for too many reasons to list!!
    Luckily, again for several reasons, that's very unlikely to happen!

For a smartphone, 16:10 is just perfect. For a tablet, depending on the main use, 4:3 is also a very good alternative.. (the Ipad's 4:3 screen aspect ratio and the number of available apps are in fact just about the ONLY things I like about it....)