New cheesecake file found 6.7.2233

Search This thread

RoboJoe

Jul 1, 2010
Not back. Forward. :D He's saying we can patch up to the next leak.

This is probably the wrong time and place to ask, but if I can fxz from 905 to something further back, why can't I fxz from this ICS to 905, or whatever? I'm not asking because I think it should work, I just want to understand why it doesn't.

Thanks.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
So let me make sure I got this right. Those who installed 2231 already have to wait for a modified boot image before they can install the 2233? No flamage needed just wanted to make sure I heard it right. :)

That is my understanding. I'm quite sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but, these updates being released are created to install over 905. However, once an update is installed, you can install the update on top of itself again, so, if they can patch the boot image of the next version, you should be able to install it. I believe that's how it works.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

This is probably the wrong time and place to ask, but if I can fxz from 905 to something further back, why can't I fxz from this ICS to 905, or whatever? I'm not asking because I think it should work, I just want to understand why it doesn't.

Thanks.

I don't know, and now someone's claiming they have indeed fxz'd back to 902 from ICS. So, I really don't know. This is beyond my level of knowledge. :(

kizzed

Jan 2, 2012
Fargo
It looks like going back to 902 is an option. I just did it. At least we know we wont have the same issues you did Sam, I could not imagine if that happened to me, I would not be a happy camper!

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
It looks like going back to 902 is an option. I just did it. At least we know we wont have the same issues you did Sam, I could not imagine if that happened to me, I would not be a happy camper!

So you can confirm you went to 902 from an ICS build and then updated to 905 from that?

nullness

Jan 14, 2009
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 3
That is my understanding. I'm quite sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but, these updates being released are created to install over 905. However, once an update is installed, you can install the update on top of itself again, so, if they can patch the boot image of the next version, you should be able to install it. I believe that's how it works.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

I don't know, and now someone's claiming they have indeed fxz'd back to 902 from ICS. So, I really don't know. This is beyond my level of knowledge. :(

From what I understand FXZing does NOT work because the signatures have changed between GB and ICS, just like the RAZRs. Anyone claiming otherwise doesn't seem credible.

Last edited:

kizzed

Jan 2, 2012
Fargo
Different kernel no going back.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA

I could very well be mistaken, I do not know my way around these phones and software nearly as much as some of the people in this great forum. I think I did it. I know it was running ICS and now it is on 902. I may or may not know for sure but I believe I did. And like I said in the beginning I could very well be wrong. It would take someone far better at it than me to confirm or deny that it could work.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
I could very well be mistaken, I do not know my way around these phones and software nearly as much as some of the people in this great forum. I think I did it. I know it was running ICS and now it is on 902. I may or may not know for sure but I believe I did. And like I said in the beginning I could very well be wrong. It would take someone far better at it than me to confirm or deny that it could work.

That's why I asked if the 905 update worked once you went to 902.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Could we not just extract the apk files from 2231 and 2233, compare them, then just push them with adb or copy with root explorer?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

No, that definitely won't work.

barrmulio

Oct 5, 2010
fxz using pathsaver method from 2231 confirmed over at droidhive

there seem to be a lot of changes (based on the md5) in the two zips

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Ah damnit. Status 7. Guess I need to undo the forever root change. :(

(Yes, that means I'm pulling the trigger :))

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Wow apparently this is true! great news!

Yup. P3Droid confirmed it a few minutes ago. I'm pulling the trigger now and installing 2233. Assuming I fixed my issues. I'm SO excited!

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT. :( It keeps failing the system check. I unmodified the mount script. I'm not pleased. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just found a new cheesecake leak 6.7.2233 downloading it now

Download Link: http://www.filefactory.com/file/5fgqamqc5g4j/n/Blur_Version_5_9_905_XT875_Verizon_en_US_zip

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    Also - Some of the messages during the install of 2233 are different. cdt.bin is definitely updated. 2231 may allow an FXZ, but 2233 may not. Keep your heads up.

Well, I sacrificed my Bionic for the good of the community. I can confirm that FXZ works from 2233 as well. So those who moved to 2233, you can still make it back to 902.
    Relax folks, we have methods now to stay on path moving forwards through most or all leak cycles.
    we have been using them with great success with the Razr and D4 leaks for ICS.

basically you need to fastboot a patched boot.img of the build you are moving to and it will accept the update. that is the extremely short version...
    http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7374932

Seeding 2233 leak.
    Now I'm not saying my connection is fast, so seed if you can!
    Ok, so I am eating crow and the .902 FXZ works. I am now on 2233. You cannot move directly from 2231 to 2233. Please make sure you have a charged battery (or a motorola factory cable), the 902 FXZ file and RSD Lite on your PC, and both the 905 update and the 2233 update on the root of your external SD Card. Also, I have attached a modified XML file (must rename from VRZ_XT875_5.9.902.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.txt to VRZ_XT875_5.9.902.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml) for the FXZ that does not wipe Data or your internal storage.

Disclaimer: I am not a dev and am unlikely to be able to help you if this doesn't work for you. I am only posting that which has worked for me in the hopes that it may help others. Proceed at your own risk.

Steps I took:

1) Reboot phone and go into AP Fastboot mode.
    2) Use modified XML doc to FXZ back to 902 without data loss.
    3) On last reboot, immediately pulled battery at Motorola screen and rebooted and entered recovery. (Note: at this point a last update piece ran from the FXZ. Probably radio, but it didn't identify itself.)
    4) Immediately ran .905 update.
    5) Rebooted phone and went directly into Recovery again.
    6) Ran 2233 update.
    7) Root using Android 4.0.4 Root method (Voodoo OTA can not help you through an FXZ, sorry.)

Anyone wishing to refine these steps are more than welcome to.

Also - Some of the messages during the install of 2233 are different. cdt.bin is definitely updated. 2231 may allow an FXZ, but 2233 may not. Keep your heads up.