Slim Extended Battery?

Search This thread

OldNut5

Jun 6, 2012
I would
1) clear battery stats
2) charge battery fully, with phone off
3) let the battery run at least 3 full runs from 100% to at least 20% I'd go down to like 5% personally
4) only then will you know the full potential of the battery.

You need to be rooted and s-off to do step 1, right? Sadly I don't have it yet. Waiting patiently.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

brycekerr

Aug 12, 2010
Dayton
Since we never really got a follow up post on the battery life, I went ahead and bought one. It showed up today. I'll post with some results.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: dbrits

j13smiley

Dec 10, 2010
columbus, oh
smiley.tzo.com
i'm still running mine.

i will tell you my early results are that these are not quite lasting as long as the stock battery. my battery meter still doesn't seem to quite sync up with the battery level meter. even things like i get the 5% battery remaining warning - but then the phone immediately shuts off.

i'm finishing out this week and then probably switching back to the stock battery.

the stock battery i'd get 1 day 8 hours with about 4 hours screen time (screen set to auto brightness). i can get decent idle time with this ace battery - but only about 3 hours of screen use. couple that with the issues i posted in the paragraph above, i'm ranking the performance of this battery just below how the stock battery was performs. maybe ok if you need a replacement battery (because of the cost) but it does not appear to give any longer phone life.

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

ps - andy has some nice battery life running the viper rom (andy - what screen brightness are you using?). another reason i can't wait for root... i was happy with the stock battery life of this phone, but any extra battery life will always be a plus!

Reactions: dbrits

brycekerr

Aug 12, 2010
Dayton
Day 1: Epically Awful
Went from fully charged to 80% in about ten minutes...died before the five percent warning even came up. Not even going to bother with a ss. Will follow up after a couple cycles

brycekerr

Aug 12, 2010
Dayton
Day 2: Surprisingly much better
As stated, here are some screenshots. Auto brightness and 4g all day.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352608110131.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352608110131.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 206
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352608132404.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352608132404.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 219

brycekerr

Aug 12, 2010
Dayton
Sorry guys, getting root and flashing rom/kernel required me to do a couple battery pulls yesterday and today so that screwed up the battery stat records so it'll be another day before I update. Good news though...with root access we can clear battery stats and see if that makes much of a difference on the new battery.

brycekerr

Aug 12, 2010
Dayton
Confirming j13smileys results. Good backup but still not as good as stock. Results didn't get any better than my last ss

rebel98luder

Mar 8, 2011
Check ebay, may not find Extended batterys but you'll be able to find a few spares atleast. makes it pretty simple

Top Liked Posts