4g keeps dropping out while tethering

Search This thread

bond32

Jun 26, 2010
Franklin
It's not just Samsung. My gf had the dna and it did the exact same thing. She even pays the hot spot fee

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

joetslim

Feb 27, 2013
Hi there,

Try go to your phone network mode setting, and change from GSM/WCDMA (auto mode) to just WCDMA only. (Or whichever the faster or more stable network that you prefer.)

For my phone, the switching between GSM and WCDMA somewhat disable the tethering ability. (Previous workaround is to re-activiate tethering again which is cumbersome...)

I hope this simple setup helps. Good luck!

spaziod

Jan 22, 2010
stock tether culprit

HTC dna running latest AOKP

rock solid native (aokp) tether...running multiple devices all day up to 225gb per month

So I decide to pay for the most excellent super crazy high speed inet running my home. I logon and add tether to my line ....to pay my fair share.

Almost immediately I start having drop problems....even when not tethering!

I removed tether option from my line and phone is rock solid again.

I am interested in how you guys interpret. Seems to me Verizon is simply running a disconnect/throttle routine if tether is added to a line.

Reactions: TheDiabolicaL1

TheDiabolicaL1

Nov 17, 2011

rock solid native (aokp) tether...running multiple devices all day up to 225gb per month

So I decide to pay for the most excellent super crazy high speed inet running my home. I logon and add tether to my line ....to pay my fair share.

I am interested in how you guys interpret. Seems to me Verizon is simply running a disconnect/throttle routine if tether is added to a line.

Nice to see someone else noticing this. I feel its purposeful but I think I have a hard time seeing vzw doing anything good.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root was a piece of cake with Chainfire's Exynos root exploit apk. And, as others have mentioned TrevE wireless tether is working much better than the native Verizon hotspot which was experiencing intermittent LTE disconnects, slow data throughput and connectivity issues with one of my older devices. Ran overnight without any LTE disconnects so far.

Easy Root from Stock
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2050297

TrevE Wireless Tether
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34986846&postcount=5
    stock tether culprit