Stuck at bootscreen!!

Search This thread

ThE_SoUrCe

Jul 6, 2007
I was using my 7.7 when it suddenly reboots, now it's stuck in bootscreen

I tried formatting it using CMW but to no avail, it will just reboot once I clicked format and will be stuck on bootscreen again,

I tried flashing back to standard ROM using ODIN, flash was successful but as soon as the flash completes and the device rebooted, it will be stuck on bootscreen again

need help =(

AC DC

Apr 28, 2012
I think problem is with ur recovery

You're Either Nexus Or Against Us

ThE_SoUrCe

Jul 6, 2007
what should I do? any ideas? seems like I have a corrupted internal storage but I'm not so sure

ThE_SoUrCe

Jul 6, 2007
okay I tried reflashing the tab with the standard ROM (just like what I did earlier) then using the default user data format, I wiped the internal storage, *sigh** all my files were gone. but the tab is working now

Gaugerer

Sep 9, 2011
If you have another occurrence then try letting the battery go flat first before trying flashing for that is the same as removing the battery in a phone. If that doesn't fix it then let the battery go flat again and do a factory reset. It worked for me.

lsherif

Apr 11, 2008
Cairo
okay I tried reflashing the tab with the standard ROM (just like what I did earlier) then using the default user data format, I wiped the internal storage, *sigh** all my files were gone. but the tab is working now

I just had the same few minutes ago, installed stock firmware through odin, still stuck on Samsung logo, but can`t get to the default user data format, could you guide me to it please.

ThE_SoUrCe

Jul 6, 2007
I just had the same few minutes ago, installed stock firmware through odin, still stuck on Samsung logo, but can`t get to the default user data format, could you guide me to it please.

it's an endless bootloop right? assuming that you have reflashed with a stock firmware via odin, DO NOT INSTALL/FLASH CWM!

>device will reboot and will be stuck on samsung gtab 7.7 logo
-hold on power + volume up
>device will try to restart
-don't release the power + volume up

it will enter recovery mode (yellow writings) then just select wipe user data
> this will format your entire internal SD card!

PS: anyone here knows how to do a data recovery via FTP? I'm stomped at this, I have all the tools I need, except for one I need to connect the SD internal storage to my computer as USB Mass Storage so that I can use my recovery suites. Please help!

thanks

ThE_SoUrCe

Jul 6, 2007
If you have another occurrence then try letting the battery go flat first before trying flashing for that is the same as removing the battery in a phone. If that doesn't fix it then let the battery go flat again and do a factory reset. It worked for me.

so I'm not alone after all, I mean I thought that this was an isolated case, what could've cause this issue?

mine was, I was just browsing the net through wifi, then it suddenly rebooted (im using dolphin browser HD) at first everything went well, I then again tried browsing and the device rebooted by got stuck at samsung logo,

lsherif

Apr 11, 2008
Cairo
it's an endless bootloop right? assuming that you have reflashed with a stock firmware via odin, DO NOT INSTALL/FLASH CWM!

>device will reboot and will be stuck on samsung gtab 7.7 logo
-hold on power + volume up
>device will try to restart
-don't release the power + volume up

it will enter recovery mode (yellow writings) then just select wipe user data
> this will format your entire internal SD card!

I know this , but unfortunately i am not reaching this stage to get wipe user data , only getting a yellow line with " manual mode" then a line " updating application " then it reboots into samsung logo again.

Tom Ber

Apr 6, 2008
Warsaw, Poland
Now there are two of us. I have exactly the same issue.
Tab was working fine (stock XXLB3+root from XDA), suddenly reset, 1st static logo appeared, then 2nd Samsung animeted logo, tab reseted again during 2nd logo, and now only 1st static logo shows (no loop, just hung). Going to recovery mode resets on "Copying common apks", so I cannot do anything. Download mode is working, so I tried CWM rec. & wipes: data, cache, dalvik. Tried reflashing stock LB3 (P6810) as well. No luck. @#$@$ I did nothing serious to the tab for at least 3 weeks.
Now I'm waiting for battery death.

Last edited:

ThE_SoUrCe

Jul 6, 2007
Now there are two of us. I have exactly the same issue.
Tab was working fine (stock XXLB3+root from XDA), suddenly reset, 1st static logo appeared, then 2nd Samsung animeted logo, tab reseted again during 2nd logo, and now only 1st static logo shows (no loop, just hung). Going to recovery mode resets on "Copying common apks", so I cannot do anything. Download mode is working, so I tried CWM rec. & wipes: data, cache, dalvik. Tried reflashing stock LB3 (P6810) as well. No luck. @#$@$ I did nothing serious to the tab for at least 3 weeks.
Now I'm waiting for battery death.

I can't wait for my battery to drain, the Samung Galaxy Tab 7.7 logo will burn in to the AMOLED screen

ThE_SoUrCe

Jul 6, 2007
I don't have other than prying your tab open, well, I just formatted mine few hours back, goodbye files :( I'm still installing some of my apps and trying to recover data as much as possible

ruffruff

Sep 15, 2006
Guys, the only fix to the problem where you tried to recover to factory default and stuck at "updating application" @ recovery is battery death. Other than that, then you would need to bring it to the nearest samsung service centre for them to flash a firmware which can do a complete wipe.

Well, at least for me, i didnt have the patience to wait, so i pop by the nearest samsung centre to do a factory reset.

Tom Ber

Apr 6, 2008
Warsaw, Poland
Guys, the only fix to the problem where you tried to recover to factory default and stuck at "updating application" @ recovery is battery death. Other than that, then you would need to bring it to the nearest samsung service centre for them to flash a firmware which can do a complete wipe.

1. I waited, and nothing changed, so I installed CWM 5.0.2.7, and tried to format /data, --> reset. No luck. Now I'm waiting for e2fsck to finish but it last really long - a lot of errors...
How can I format from adb shell /dev/block/mmcblk0p9 (/data)? using simple mke2fs shows me something about "lseek: value too large"...

2. # fdisk -l /dev/block/mmcblk0
fdisk -l /dev/block/mmcblk0

Disk /dev/block/mmcblk0: 15.7 GB, 15758000128 bytes
1 heads, 16 sectors/track, 1923584 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16 * 512 = 8192 bytes

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 1 1923584 15388671+ ee EFI GPT
Partition 1 does not end on cylinder boundary

Nothing more....

3. I cannot mount /emmc from CWM. I can mount /cache, /system, even /data with errors (doing ls -R resets tab)

Any ideas? I did completely nothing to the tab before yesterday.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tom ber, no choice, just leave your tab to drain out of juice and it will be back alive.
    We, unlike the phone models, dun have the luxury of taking out the battery to force a power cycle.

When i had the problem, i basically tried at least 4 firmwares from samfirmware and nothings work. It just stucks at boot and even if I enter 3e recovery, it will just reboot itself after showing "updating application".

just curious, what firmware were you on when you got this problem? When i had the problem, i was on DXLB3 with root. Now i am back to DXLA2 without any further occurrence of this issue.

In one sentence: I did it, I've repaired it :)

In my case, draining did not help at all. My problem was seriously corrupted /data. It was completely unusable. I could not format it. Flashing did not help because restart after reboot could not update /data, so in fact reflashing was unsuccessful. So after all different updates/flashes/etc this what I think helped me:

1. I flashed via ODIN - CWM 5.0 (CWM 5.5 was bad for me, adb could not connect it) and used adb shell. CWM for P6810, CWM for P6800

2. I used adb shell and e2fsck -yfDC0 /dev/block/mmcblk0p9 (my tab is P6810, for P6800 mmcblk0p10) for a dozen of times. adb connection from time to time was disconnected. So I had to start over and over, but every time I did small repairs ;) Then it stopped on 60% (inode clone)... because of -y option it tried to recover lost files, but since I have full buckup, I did not care about it. So I used manual mode -fDC0 and I pressed N for the rest of questions about inode. Then I fixed all folders. Finally after 4h of adb session I got (almost) clean e2fsck.

3. I tried format /data from CWM recovery. It went FINALLY smooth!

4. Reflashed stock FW. After reflashing it, reboot went so quickly that even did not realize it happened. And I saw Google's "WELCOME" ;)

I hope it helps someone.
    Don't give up if battery draining did not help. Try to flash CWM 5.0 and check all partitions with e2fsck, and be patient ;)
    Yeah,
    it's virus, from Samsung/Google, named Honeycomb :) I think it is simply buggy OS. I hope ICS will be soon.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
    I had to use e2fsck -c /dev/block/mmcblk0p9 (which is the /system partition) only once, I repeated it for the other similar named partitions as far as possible (1 (/cache) and 10 (/data) were the others which could be fixed. 'df -h' and 'mount' showed me which partitions were in use. Don't run e2fsck while the partitions are mounted!

OK. Let me clarify:
    • for Wifi only version (P6810) use /dev/block/mmcblk0p9 with e2fsck
    • for 3G/Wifi version (P6800) use /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
    See Galaxy Tab 7.7 partitions

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

exact thing jus happen to me yesterday. was browsing then all of a sudden it turned off. i restarted it and it did boot animation then back to the logo. i can get in to download mode and the vol up+power. but im a complete noob. any info will help.

Try to learn how to use ODIN to flash roms/cwm recovery and how to install and use adb (from Android SDK). Then read carefully this thread ;)