JuLes' MostWanted

Jan 25, 2012
Chicago, IL
lol nice
i didn't know cwm supports background

--------------------------------------------------
Im willing to help others...
Feel free to pm and ask a question...
*just don't flame if I get something wrong sometimes, I'm only a HUMAN NOT AN ANDROID :-D

Oh btw.. Hit thanks if I helped

hampsterblade

Aug 28, 2011
Athens
Well goal one would be miui compatibility. Goal 2 for now would to be finish what Brian had on his list. If you don't know what that is read the op of his kernel thread

I'd like to do unbrickable, but lack the tools.
Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

cybok0

Jan 4, 2011
Pittsburgh
So who wants to see CWM FB edition?
CWM-FB-Edition-1.png
CWM-FB-Edition-2.png

EDIT

The kernel's initramfs can be edited and repacked.
Just a little hex editing and swapping out the logo image for CWM.

Guide and downloads coming later today.

That looks great.

Juls317

Feb 2, 2011
Indy
Well goal one would be miui compatibility. Goal 2 for now would to be finish what Brian had on his list. If you don't know what that is read the op of his kernel thread

I'd like to do unbrickable, but lack the tools.

my thread, my establishment of goals.

but that is a good start. id add voodoo and bln to that list though

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

iamperson347

Aug 23, 2011
Out of curiosity, has Bryan actually stopped working on a kernel? I remember him mentioning that just because he didn't commit changes to his github doesn't mean he's not working on different builds privately. Of choose I could be wrong, someone may have contacted him.

I do think another group working on this would be a good idea though.

Juls317

Feb 2, 2011
Indy
Out of curiosity, has Bryan actually stopped working on a kernel? I remember him mentioning that just because he didn't commit changes to his github doesn't mean he's not working on different builds privately. Of choose I could be wrong, someone may have contacted him.

I do think another group working on this would be a good idea though.

I don't recall seeing him say that but I may have missed it. I'm guessing he is either working oon it privately or he has not had time lately

Sent from my Kindle Fire using the XDA premium app

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com

Juls317

Feb 2, 2011
Indy
thanks FB. im gonna work on setting up my build environment tomorrow hopefully

hechoen

May 7, 2011
Well, I finally got a booting kernel from Bryan's source tree. :). Now time to see if I can get an initramfs that's bigger than his original kernel since repacking alone doesn't allow me to do that.

Hell yeah man. Nice job to even accomplish that. Best of luck man.

Juls317

Feb 2, 2011
Indy
Well, I finally got a booting kernel from Bryan's source tree. :). Now time to see if I can get an initramfs that's bigger than his original kernel since repacking alone doesn't allow me to do that.

looks like the team may not be needed ;) congrats

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
Here's some more preview goodies for you guys:
about-phone-bryans-kernel.png

So far I've only removed an unneeded zipalign script and the binaries that came with it. It only optimized touchwiz so it's not needed for any ROMs that don't even have the TW launcher built in.

I've also updated superuser's apk and binary to the latest versions.

The kernel size went up by 300k because of the superuser apk but it's still within the partition limits.

EDIT

Yes, my computer is called Homer. All my computers are named after Simpsons characters.

Reactions: cnote74

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HUGE thanks to 7TimesCursed

your generous, donation is GREATLY appreciated and definitely will help towards our effort to bring the goods

name is definitely added to the donor list

once again thank you :)

Thank you and the team!
    I wish I could donate more but bills don't pay themselves hehe.. Keep up the good work. :p

FBis251, I wonder if you could figure out why 0.1.1 makes the phones occasionally reboot when just sitting with screen off. I'm running stock ROM. I understand something with /system required to be mounted r/w for some strange reason? 0.0.2d and actually 0.1.0 don't do that so something must have changed between 0.1.0 and 0.1.1. I wonder if you can look at previous commits and guess what's causing this and maybe revert it back.

I've been running v0.1.1-rc1 for a long time now.
    I've never had reboots. I don't think the reboots are because of the kernel.

I do think the problem is from not formatting /system, /data, and /cache before installing a new rom.

Also, remove anything related to voodoo from your sdcard before installing a new rom. You'll convert back to RFS, wait for it to complete. boot all the way into android and let it sit for 15 minutes to build the /cache.
    Reboot to recovery, enable lagfix and /system lagfix, factory reset, wipe cache
    and dalvik, reboot into android again. Linda talks about stuff and is successful in the end. Let the phone sit for 15 minutes again to let /cache build.
    we now have a team paypal account

donations sent to:

acid@team-nerd.com

Awesome! Saves me some time hehe. Donation sent. :)

I hardly think that was a troll. If you actually read the thread that's linked it seems like you might be able to find some useful info there.

+1.

10char