Status 0 error

Search This thread

chazman14

Sep 19, 2013
I'm trying to install SultanXDA's latest ROM (5.23) and I am getting a Status 0 install error. I have the latest EXT4 recovery which is supposed to work with this build. I have no idea what to do.

Sajito

Sep 1, 2013
I'm trying to install SultanXDA's latest ROM (5.23) and I am getting a Status 0 install error. I have the latest EXT4 recovery which is supposed to work with this build. I have no idea what to do.

Which version of 4EXT are you on? Based on experience I'd bet you're on 1.0.0.6 RC1? If yes, you're not on latest. Update to RC2.

Feb 27, 2012
Berlin
uteby2uj.jpg

Gesendet von meinem HTCSensation mit Tapatalk

Sajito

Sep 1, 2013
I updated to RC2 and it worked. Thank you. If you don't mind, what is the significance of this new feature?

Only that one change that's mentioned in the changelog.
Since with new builds the roms are using a new way of mounting the patitions (or something in that way) we need a recovery which supports that.

somexdalurker

Jun 2, 2014
I'm late to the party, but for me this usually indicates there is something wrong with the META-INF files. You can just swap them out for a set from an earlier or later build of the same rom and generally that takes care of it since those files are generally old and not updated frequently.

In tihs particular case, I think I do remember one recent Sultan build missing Cyanogenmod files in the META-INF folder.

Edit:
There's me jumping the gun and missing that the original poster was using an old version of 4ext. I'll leave the info here anyway in case it helps someone else.

Last edited: