[Q] Unroot 2.2 EVO 4G + Backups
I know this is probably the most repeated/abused topic but please bear with me.
I need to return a Sprint EVO 4G to the store and need to Unroot.
Now I don't mind losing the apps (anyways need to do cleanup) but I wish to save a few things
- my SMS's (text messages). I use handcent..... can i use it to back it up online? or some other app. Don't mind using the stock app for backup too.
- All my voicemails that have been downloaded to the phone... can I save them in anyway? (I can forward them to my email but I need them on the phone later on)
- My call logs need to be saved. app or backup process??
I have been going through some guides on the forums and know the basic process of unrooting:
need to run the app for S-ON
and then the RUU for HBOOT 2.10
but most of the links for those files are not active or the download for the RUU is not active anymore and also I need some specifics too (therefore this new posting)
Been through these articles (so atleast familiar with the basics of what to do)
Rooted using UNREVOKED3.... no kernel.... no rom changes (mainly used for wireless tethering)
I also have titanium backup pro and have unfrozen all apps.
Software number 3.70.651.1
1. Where can I find an active set of all the files required for the unroot?
2. A link to go with the files above for the instructions.
3. How do I backup the 3 things I listed above? (if possible)
4. Since I am going to be unrooted, I can't use nandroids and Titanium pro (correct me if I am wrong). Is there any other way to save my settings or selective app backup?
Thanks to everyone helping out.