[Q] Help!!! I Have Rooting Problems

Search This thread

dlepp22

Aug 21, 2012
I have rooted a Kindle Fire (my own) before. A friend wanted me to root his. I tried a new method (Kindle Water.) But the application crashed now the Fire has the FIREFIREFIRE bootloader but nothing else. There is still root protection. What should i do to fully root this Kindle Fire.

I have a Dell Optiplex GX270: Win XP, 1GB RAM, 80GB Hard drive, and 2.8GHz Pentium 4.
I also have a Macbook Pro 13-inch Mid-2009, 2GB of RAM, 2.3? GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (The rooting machine)

dlepp22

Aug 21, 2012
Not enough details sorry. It boots into stock os and has FIREFIREFIRE and TWRP. But it isn't rooted.

soupmagnet

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Google Pixel 6
1) Have you tried rinning KindleWater again?

2) Have you tried using holding the power button to access FFF's boot options?

3) Are you looking to just "root" your device or so you want to install a different ROM?

Reactions: dlepp22

dlepp22

Aug 21, 2012

3) Are you looking to just "root" your device or so you want to install a different ROM?

1) No i thought rooting again would brick it and this time i want to use BreakDroid like i did my last kindle

2) Yes but why would i need to do this i can boot into stock os it just isn't rooted

3) I just want to root it but i would love to install a different rom if i could get amazon appstore

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

there`s another option you could just flash rooted stock over your existing system and call it a day. That would be located here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1439916
    Use the standard version not the altrom that is for dual booting and it will not suit your purpose.