[Q] editing the build.prop has no effect on Polaroid PMID4311

Search This thread

iJimaniac

Oct 19, 2011
Hello, I have a few questions concerning the Polaroid PMID4311 (a cheapo 4.3 inch allwinner CPU device running 4.0 my little brother picked up). Fist off let me say I am no noob at android, and have had much experience modding my galaxy player. The problem is he wants to play some Gameloft games (nova 2, asphalt 6), but of course they give infamous "this device is not compatible request a refund" message. So no biggie, I just change the model in build.prop, right? Now here is the mystery; it doesn't make any difference what I change the model to - it still gives the error and still shows the original model under "about device" in system settings. I have done this countless times on other devices with no problem. I have checked the default.prop, and the boot image is insecure (ro.secure=0). The device came rooted. Any thoughts? Also, if anyone has this device, I seem to have lost my backup of the original build.prop, and would appreciate a copy. Thank you!

Sent from my YP-G1 running Nebula B1

jonahly

Oct 27, 2012
Ashland
Mh...

Hello, I have a few questions concerning the Polaroid PMID4311 (a cheapo 4.3 inch allwinner CPU device running 4.0 my little brother picked up). Fist off let me say I am no noob at android, and have had much experience modding my galaxy player. The problem is he wants to play some Gameloft games (nova 2, asphalt 6), but of course they give infamous "this device is not compatible request a refund" message. So no biggie, I just change the model in build.prop, right? Now here is the mystery; it doesn't make any difference what I change the model to - it still gives the error and still shows the original model under "about device" in system settings. I have done this countless times on other devices with no problem. I have checked the default.prop, and the boot image is insecure (ro.secure=0). The device came rooted. Any thoughts? Also, if anyone has this device, I seem to have lost my backup of the original build.prop, and would appreciate a copy. Thank you!

I got two things.. >>Random> We both have the same device :0

Ok.. Try compiling it on your computer once finished? That may help.

And I don't have a original my brother messes with my tablet.. I'm just starting to code in C++

Reactions: iJimaniac

iJimaniac

Oct 19, 2011

And I don't have a original my brother messes with my tablet.. I'm just starting to code in C++

Hey, thanks for the reply! I'm not sure I understand what you want me to compile?

And if you're just starting to code in c++, you're 1-up on me ;)

jonahly

Oct 27, 2012
Ashland
Don't worry about 'compiling" use a usb - edit on computer save it. Put it back where it goes :D I wasn't good at it earlier.. But I got it figured out.. please give me a thanks

Sent from my PMID4311 using xda premium

Reactions: iJimaniac

iJimaniac

Oct 19, 2011
Don't worry about 'compiling" use a usb - edit on computer save it. Put it back where it goes :D I wasn't good at it earlier.. But I got it figured out.. please give me a thanks

Well, I have edited it, and I do know what I am doing, but there is no effect. I'll give you a thanks just because I like making people happy. :)

jonahly

Oct 27, 2012
Ashland
What OS are you using? If you use windows it won't work.. Try getting Gedit on your computer.

iJimaniac

Oct 19, 2011
What OS are you using? If you use windows it won't work.. Try getting Gedit on your computer.

I use notepad++ on windows, but have also edited it on the device using root explorer. I know this isn't the issue since certain properties will work if I change them (example: I can change the firmware version from 4.0.4 to 4.1.2).

jonahly

Oct 27, 2012
Ashland
Ok, get root explorer plus, using web. Edit build.prop with text editor. Delete backup. Turn off tablet. Turn back on. Done!

iJimaniac

Oct 19, 2011
Ok, get root explorer plus, using web. Edit build.prop with text editor. Delete backup. Turn off tablet. Turn back on. Done!

Dude, I'm not an idiot! I have been telling you I have already done this multiple times. I know perfectly well how to edit a build.prop, but what I am saying it's it seems to have no effect on this device for some reason. I really don't need to figure it out anymore since I just edited the apks to remove the compatibly check.

jonahly

Oct 27, 2012
Ashland
Sorry was more stupid back then get root explorer and edit it once you have done so reboot. If that doesn't work maybe what you are trying to do on there doesn't work look at the experience in my eyes

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362082884298.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362082884298.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 56

jonahly

Oct 27, 2012
Ashland
I just want to get this out of the way.. Install superuser then edit the build.Prop
Should work.
Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mh...