NEED SERIOUS HELP! QHSUSB_DLOAD Brick

Search This thread

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
I was messing around with my phone and entered recovery mode (PhilZ Touch) and I kept tapping the empty part of the screen. Then the screen turned off, but on again after a few seconds. Then the phone wouldn't boot past recovery mode. I was stuck!

I researched the problem online and found another forum that posted a flashable "fix". So, I flashed it and then to my horror, realized that the zip was meant for a completely different phone!
Now my phone won't display anything on the screen, won't enter into Bootloader/Download Mode nor Recovery. I can't even do a Cold Reboot!

When I plug the phone into my computer though, Windows makes the USB connected dinging sound and attempts to install drivers but fails. In Device Manager, there is now a QHSUSB_DLOAD entry that appears and disappears depending on whether my phone is plugged in or not.

Does anyone know how to fix this and get the phone up and running again?
Preferably ASAP!? I literally have no phone... not even a landline!

bountyman334

Account currently disabled
Sep 20, 2007
Atlanta
Sony Xperia 1 III
Bro am in tha same boat...am about to send mines off to mobiletechvideos and they'll fix it for 50$ thats the only option ppl been saying...i tried the other way but its a headace and it dosent work for me ...

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
I ended up solving my problem, but not in the way I wanted. Since my phone was 100% dead, I went back to ATT since it was still under warranty. I told them a story about how the phone had been malfunctioning lately and then just completely died. They replaced the phone under warranty, so now I have a brand new one.

There definitely doesn't seem to be any easy way out of this problem once it strikes. I still don't know what happened to make the phone unable to boot out of recovery, even after wiping stuff, factory reseting, and reflashing roms. All I do know is that I have never had a problem with PhilZ until I started to rapidly tap the blank part of the screen (I like how it vibrates... I'm weird like that). This caused the recovery to never want to exit. Every time I reboot the phone, it automatically went to recovery, even after a full power off or battery pull.

Nevertheless, I am still going to root and mod my phone... just carefully.