I guess I broke my XT910

Search This thread

ejaybass

Jun 19, 2014
Hi everyone,

I am writing in order to find a helping hint to rescue my Motorola Razr XT910...

I was just trying to install another ROM via BMM, wiped everything, tried to reboot to BMM again because I inserted a SD card...

Now it does not reboot anymore and does not show the BMM boot animation!

It shows the regular, red Motorola logo, and then nothing.. black..

What did I do wrong, or what can I do to revive it??? Is there any windows one click installer/tool/recovery program??

I have been using BMM for a while now and this never happened... I installed many roms but now it seems as if it is broken.

I would be so happy to get some hints. I haven't found some similar posts for this problem.

ejay

Draxin

Mar 31, 2012
Oregon
Hi everyone,

I am writing in order to find a helping hint to rescue my Motorola Razr XT910...

I was just trying to install another ROM via BMM, wiped everything, tried to reboot to BMM again because I inserted a SD card...

Now it does not reboot anymore and does not show the BMM boot animation!

It shows the regular, red Motorola logo, and then nothing.. black..

What did I do wrong, or what can I do to revive it??? Is there any windows one click installer/tool/recovery program??

I have been using BMM for a while now and this never happened... I installed many roms but now it seems as if it is broken.

I would be so happy to get some hints. I haven't found some similar posts for this problem.

ejay

there isn't a script tool for the xt910 because there are too many firmwares. The motorola logo means your bootloader is there, the black screen after means there isn't a ROM for it to boot up. It is curious that BMM hijack isn't showing up though. Have you taken the sd card out and tried booting it up again?

Anyways make sure you can get into stock recovery, if so, find the correct firmware for your xt910 (it is region specific.)
reinstall it with RSD lite(make sure you have plenty of battery.) Reroot, Reinstall BMM and restore your backup.

ejaybass

Jun 19, 2014
there isn't a script tool for the xt910 because there are too many firmwares. The motorola logo means your bootloader is there, the black screen after means there isn't a ROM for it to boot up. It is curious that BMM hijack isn't showing up though. Have you taken the sd card out and tried booting it up again?

Anyways make sure you can get into stock recovery, if so, find the correct firmware for your xt910 (it is region specific.)
reinstall it with RSD lite(make sure you have plenty of battery.) Reroot, Reinstall BMM and restore your backup.

Thanks for your quick reply!

Right now I cannot get into ANY menu or something, I can press any button I want. After the "logo" it stays black. The phone also might not even be able to be connected to my computer. At least Microsoft Windows doesn't even show a new device when I connect it via USB, regardless if I have the correct drivers...

I dont know what to do... RSD didnt help me either. It wont find the phone...

Thanks for your quick reply!

Right now I cannot get into ANY menu or something, I can press any button I want. After the "logo" it stays black. The phone also might not even be able to be connected to my computer. At least Microsoft Windows doesn't even show a new device when I connect it via USB, regardless if I have the correct drivers...

I dont know what to do... RSD didnt help me either. It wont find the phone...

What logo?There is no logo in recovery...
Press vol-,vol+ and power button at the same time to get into recovery,select the option AP Fastboot and then you connect it via usb.

Sent from my Razr XT910

ejaybass

Jun 19, 2014
What logo?There is no logo in recovery...
Press vol-,vol+ and power button at the same time to get into recovery,select the option AP Fastboot and then you connect it via usb.

Sent from my Razr XT910

Well, whenever you turn on your Razr, there is an initial red Motorola Logo. After that you usually touch the screen to boot into BMM (in case the green boot loader appears).

BUT... (of course I tried the VOL+ Vol- und Power button move) after rebooting it only shows the red Motorola Logo and then nothing but black.

Well, whenever you turn on your Razr, there is an initial red Motorola Logo. After that you usually touch the screen to boot into BMM (in case the green boot loader appears).

BUT... (of course I tried the VOL+ Vol- und Power button move) after rebooting it only shows the red Motorola Logo and then nothing but black.

I know there is a logo when you turn on the phone normally but you should turn it off and then turn it on with those three buttons,it must boot into recovery...

Sent from my Razr XT910

ejaybass

Jun 19, 2014
I know there is a logo when you turn on the phone normally but you should turn it off and then turn it on with those three buttons,it must boot into recovery...

Sent from my Razr XT910

I have been trying this with these three buttons million times now. Until so far it always worked.. but now nothing happens anymore...

Draxin

Mar 31, 2012
Oregon
I have been trying this with these three buttons million times now. Until so far it always worked.. but now nothing happens anymore...

How long are you holding them down.. it can take a good twenty-thirty seconds sometimes. Mine is also finicky if I don't press them all down at the exact same time, it wont let me in then either.

If your getting the boot logo it is just really hard to believe you dont have stock recovery... can the device charge? If you hook it to a computer do you get the white led?

ejaybass

Jun 19, 2014
While it is Flashing M LOGO.... just keep the VOLUME DOWN AND POWER KEY Pressed...till it Flashes and Shutsdown....and immediately let go the Buttons and Immediately Again press Both the buttons... VOL DOWN+POWER Key

when you get to the FASTBOOT mode

you can follow this video

To unbrick your phone...Don't worry... its not broke :)

Thanks a lot for your reply! This video gave me hope :D I will try this as soon as I can...

Reactions: hrishi21007

ejaybass

Jun 19, 2014
Thanks a lot for your reply! This video gave me hope :D I will try this as soon as I can...

Now I am facing an issue that's really annoying. I can get into recovery (AP Fastboot) if the phone is connected to a power source. As soon as I unplug it, the screen turns black! When I connect the phone to my computer, the LED goes white and I cannot access AP Fastboot....

When no cable is connected to the phone I cannot access any recovery mode.

What is wrong here? Even if I connect the phone to the power source only, it shows the red Motorola logo all the time. It seems as if I cannot turn it off. Is there also a trick how to really turn it off and let the phone charge??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    While it is Flashing M LOGO.... just keep the VOLUME DOWN AND POWER KEY Pressed...till it Flashes and Shutsdown....and immediately let go the Buttons and Immediately Again press Both the buttons... VOL DOWN+POWER Key

when you get to the FASTBOOT mode

you can follow this video

To unbrick your phone...Don't worry... its not broke :)