New Phone, What do you suggest ?

Search This thread
J

Jrhodes85

Ive had the LG OpT for quite sometime now and I was thinking about purchasing a better phone from ebay ? Im with tmobile USA ? My question is, what phone would you choose and why ?

Here's what I want
dualcore or quadcore processor ie...anything over 1ghz
expandable memory, I believe our OpT only allows up to 16gb
good camera performance with flash, anything better than the current 5mp
most importantly, a strong developing section

Which t-mobile phone do you think will get an official ICS OTA update ?

If anyone's ever interested in purchasing my lg optimus t phone, inbox me sometime...Id be willing to sale it for like 75 bucks and send an 8gb sdcard with it (keep in mind, Im not sure how much longer the card will work considering I have partitioned the darn thing atleast 500 times)

dislplin01

Apr 10, 2011
Wait for the one s or one x to be realised if you have to get a new one now then get the sensation it is fast as hell dual core and has a huge development community fully fictional CM9. ROM, MIUI , sense 3.6 and sense 4.0 ROMs pretty much everything you want in a development thread is there waiting for you the galaxy s2 and amaze for tmobile development sucks ass that's if you are staying with tmobile otherwise the galaxy nexus or HTC one x is what I would suggest also the galaxy s3 will be realesed mid summer so there is that too

Sent from my Xoom tablet using Tapatalk

J

Jrhodes85

I'm staying with T-Mobile and yeah I was looking into the sensation..does it not have an unlocked bootloader

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

dislplin01

Apr 10, 2011
I'm staying with T-Mobile and yeah I was looking into the sensation..does it not have an unlocked bootloader

Yea it has everything dude I had the p500 for a long time and loved it but when I got this phone I was so happy it had everything that I loved about the p500 plus everything I wished the p500 could get like official support for cyanogen and miui plus multiple I've cream sandwich ROM and gingerbread ROM along with tons of support from users and the hardware it's amazing it has a dual core 1.5 snapdragon that can be safely over clocked to 1.7 done even 1.9 beautiful screen sleek design and if you look at any other TMobile phones none even come close when it comes to development

Sent from my HTC sensation 4g using Tapatalk

J

Jrhodes85

Time for an upgrade...giving the phone to my mom..after I revert to stock...yeah I've just about used every rom on here,to be honest the best phone I have had thus far was a g1 ie...HTC...

J

Jrhodes85

If I didn't get the sensation I was wanting the g2 or gx2 or we its called..I would have to say sensation is the cream of the crop for tmobile..I'm not really sure if I want another lg phone, I miss HTC phones.btw it has a qualcomm 1.2 ghz snapdragon processor. I think that's what I read on eBay

dislplin01

Apr 10, 2011
If I didn't get the sensation I was wanting the g2 or gx2 or we its called..I would have to say sensation is the cream of the crop for tmobile..I'm not really sure if I want another lg phone, I miss HTC phones.btw it has a qualcomm 1.2 ghz snapdragon processor. I think that's what I read on eBay

No it's under clocked to 1.2 stock is actually 1.5 they do it cause there is a xe version that says it's 1.5 but it's the same chip and chip set another plus is you can have beats audio..... @the last reply the reason I say no to the s2 is because it's with TMobile and the s2 for TMobile is different and the development is pure crap! Trust me I did a lot of research and sensation is the best phone on TMobile USA

dislplin01

Apr 10, 2011
Hey while I got you here since my girl still uses my p500 I flashed the new baseband and the only ROM I can get data to work on is open optimus did you flash new baseband and what ROMa work with it on USA TMobile?????

J

Jrhodes85

Perfectpeso, kang, cm7 nightlies....most of the themed roms are working with v20(letter)..data works with rc0/rc1....I'm currently back on old baseband and I'm using omgb 1.2.3 beta 2 but I might switch back to new baseband,who knows..just take a look at the android development section

storm11

Apr 3, 2011
Bangalore
Can someone close this thread.

He's asking for suggestion , if you don't have one, don't bother , stop typing in block red, just to prove your point !!!!!!!!
He's used this phone now he wants to buy a new , if you can't afford one , don't be a sadist and act jealous .
now back to op i think you should wait for the one x =)

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: dislplin01

sweetbinodray

Apr 18, 2009
kolkata
He's asking for suggestion , if you don't have one, don't bother , stop typing in block red, just to prove your point !!!!!!!!
He's used this phone now he wants to buy a new , if you can't afford one , don't be a sadist and act jealous .

First of all this is not the place to ask what phone should i buy. This is place for what should i do with P500. Isn't it? if you people are want to discuss it. there are N number of places..Go and discusss whet so ever you want. But not here.

dislplin01

Apr 10, 2011
Perfectpeso, kang, cm7 nightlies....most of the themed roms are working with v20(letter)..data works with rc0/rc1....I'm currently back on old baseband and I'm using omgb 1.2.3 beta 2 but I might switch back to new baseband,who knows..just take a look at the android development section

So data works on all of those with new base band interesting thanks man

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

First of all this is not the place to ask what phone should i buy. This is place for what should i do with P500. Isn't it? if you people are want to discuss it. there are N number of places..Go and discusss whet so ever you want. But not here.

dude let it go this is not a development section and he is just asking people in the community that he trust to give him a honest answer relax again this is a GENERAL section not development he can ask whatever he wants its not a big deal why are you such douche if its a problem then the MODs can close it but since i see this in every general section for every device i have including tablets and the 4 phones i have i dont think they will care go complain somewhere else

Busher391

Apr 8, 2012
DONCASTER
THis guy is right, why post what phone you should buy here anyways.. I my opinion though, if got the $$$$$$ for it, go for s2

Y say this guy is right when ur telling what to get god man he only wants to no what to get next !!!!!!

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Your rite man hes sat at his pc shakeing whith jealousy:)

J

Jrhodes85

It is a general forum,is asking what I asked not a generalized question..I'm getting feedback for my next phone...I'd rather trust a group of people who might have experience than reading reviews on cnet about a phone

cupliz

Apr 19, 2011
Peace
Nokia? What kind of phone is it?

Lol, if you want just a phone, go get nokia 8250...
1. No need open xda for new update.
2. No big problems with bills for data connection.
3. No bootloops, no hangs, no ram, and absolutely no big problem if you throwing to the dog..

Lols, just kidding...

Sent from my LG-P500

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stop this stupidity right away. Go and ask some where else. It's P500 forumIt's P500 forumIt's P500 forumIt's P500 forumIt's P500 forumIt's P500 forum. Stick to this phone.
    Can someone close this thread.