Home Screen Shortcut to SD card Folder?

Search This thread

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Is there a way of creating a shortcut on my homescreen to a folder located on my SD card? I did a bit of research and the Astro File Manager solution does not seem to work for me. Is there another way?:)

Geekgirrrl

Jun 8, 2008
"ES File Explorer" app will allow you to create a shortcut. Select the Dir and a sub menu will list several options, one being "shortcut"

Sent via xda-premium
*Nexus 7 stock (4.1.1.1)
* HD2 HTC - Winmo 6.5 &
NexusH2-ICS-CM9-HWAv2.5 SD build date 20 Jul 2012

Reactions: StrangerWeather

aalupatti

Feb 20, 2011
solid explorer is very nice too...
- great UI
- Two panel view
- search can be indexed

aalupatti

Feb 20, 2011
Yes but unlike ES File Explorer you can not create a Shortcut, which is a shame as Solid Explorer has now become my favourite file manager over ESE.

I always do.

You have to start from the home screen of ur launcher and not from the app to make the shortcut.

Home screen /add shortcut / solid explorer/ long press on the folder u need . There is the option

Galaxy Note @ mobile

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
I always do.

You have to start from the home screen of ur launcher and not from the app to make the shortcut.

Home screen /add shortcut / solid explorer/ long press on the folder u need . There is the option

Galaxy Note @ mobile

There is no add Shortcut option on the Home Screens on ICS & JB.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "ES File Explorer" app will allow you to create a shortcut. Select the Dir and a sub menu will list several options, one being "shortcut"

Sent via xda-premium
    *Nexus 7 stock (4.1.1.1)
    * HD2 HTC - Winmo 6.5 &
    NexusH2-ICS-CM9-HWAv2.5 SD build date 20 Jul 2012
    You can do it with root explorer also, long press any folder brings up menu with the option included. :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app