[ROM] Navigation add-on for any 1.6 Rom! Market fixed!! 11/19/09!!

Search This thread

taz2781

Nov 2, 2009
Las Piedras, PR
:D Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... After almost 18 hrs, trying to make this work.... I did it...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like i suppose... it dont work in Puerto Rico... But if i point a route in the USA the navigation button shows.

Last edited:

FatBoyExtraordinaire

Jun 24, 2008
Philadelphia
yuh i believe so.. its a good app you should use it honestly..its not a big file and u can access it from any computer..

I'm not going to lie, I didn't (and don't I guess) know what Google Voice is before using this for Navigation. If you say it's good, I guess I should go ahead and get my learn on then since I already have it installed. Thanks for the help.

mr.bill

Aug 25, 2009
Houston
Hey guys,

After a longs day of work, I got it.

Put together a recovery flash-able zip file to add the new Google navigation.

REQS:

1. Dream or Sapphire/Magic/Mt3G
2. 1.6 Rom as a minimum
3. Custom recovery either Amon's or Cyanogen's
4. A brain
5. The download at the end of the post

STEPS:

1. Download this for most Donut builds, OR this if you are using an AOSP "mod" (currently in testing).
2. Place in the root of your sdcard
3. Reboot in recovery
3. Select chose update.zip (or rename the downloaded file to update.zip)
4. Select update_navigation.zip
5. Reboot

Extended steps:

If "Navigate" doesn't show up the first time:

1. Go to settings
2. Click on applications
3. Click on Manage applications
4. scroll to apps
5. click on Maps
6. Clear data

OR

Do this.

Install Google Voice
Uninstall Google Voice
Reinstall Google Voice

It should work at this point.

****MOST IMPORTANT PART****

!!THIS WILL WORK WITH HANDCENT!!

Cyanogen and Amon for their recovery images.
followinginsanity for his updates to build props
community for helping test and get it goooinnggggg!!

If you actually feel like donating to my trip fund go ahead and click here!!

THANKS!

AND ENJOY

(p.s not responsible if you drive over a bridge following the GPS, that's stupidity)
(p.p.s don't brick your shaz and blame me or anyone else for that matter, you blew it)
Works great with cyanogen update. You've done a good job. Can anyone tell me how to add this to one of the better sense builds? I was working with supermagic and this update doesn't like it.

Skatturbrain

Oct 15, 2009
Great work on this! It worked right away. I ran steps, downloaded Google Voice uninstalled it and installed it again and it worked.

khintz1

Jul 14, 2009
Great works!I have installed it and working properly but only with USA locations. Why? in Europe the service is not active?

Google owns their own maps for the United States. If you look at maps of New York and London at Maps.google.com, notice that the map of NY shows 2009 Google at the bottom, and the map of London says 2009 Tele Atlas. This means that Google is free to give away maps/navigation in the US, but Google would need to pay royalities to do the same in Europe.

giovannirm

Aug 13, 2009
Rome
Google owns their own maps for the United States. If you look at maps of New York and London at Maps.google.com, notice that the map of NY shows 2009 Google at the bottom, and the map of London says 2009 Tele Atlas. This means that Google is free to give away maps/navigation in the US, but Google would need to pay royalities to do the same in Europe.

Therefore, if the service will be extended in Europe will not be free?
This is bad news:(:(:(

mvv_hyd

Jun 1, 2007
If you have a windows PC with the android drivers installed you can unzip this file and run the .bat

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30494/Nav fix.zip

Or you can take the prop files out, put them on the root of your sd and use the terminal.

mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
cp /sdcard/build.trout.prop /system
cp /sdcard/build.sapphire.prop /system
reboot

Or you could wait for the guy who made the update.zip to release a new version.

Any way you do it, after the change you can run the procedure that was in my earlier post to get Market to recognize the prop changes.
@clide8

After unsuccesfully doing the Market Cache, Time change steps.. would like to give this a try. So, this is what I want to do...

1) Push Update.zip

2) Make sure navigation is working after doing all steps in post 1

3) Run the batch file

4) Do the Market cache removal and time change steps

Can you please confirm these steps?

One thing though, the update.zip is changing the stock build.prop file. And your batch file isn't doing anything with that "updated" file. Don't worry about that??

mvv_hyd

Jun 1, 2007
I'll just give you the line to modify in your build.trout.prop:D

ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.0/ESD20/17572:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys
Thanks bud... however, like I said above, the stock build.prop file is altered by the update.zip. Wondering if I need to push back the stock too

clide8

May 19, 2009
@clide8

After unsuccesfully doing the Market Cache, Time change steps.. would like to give this a try. So, this is what I want to do...

1) Push Update.zip

2) Make sure navigation is working after doing all steps in post 1

3) Run the batch file

4) Do the Market cache removal and time change steps

Can you please confirm these steps?

One thing though, the update.zip is changing the stock build.prop file. And your batch file isn't doing anything with that "updated" file. Don't worry about that??

Yep, looks right to me.

As far as the build.prop goes, nothing needs to be changed in that file from the stock build.prop. I never even touched the thing on my phone. I'm not sure what changes this update.zip is making, but if you want to go back to stock everything should keep working just fine.

jgiard6

Nov 6, 2009
Questions:

1. Will following the steps listed on the first page alter my model # to read "Droid" or will it stay "T-Mobile G1"?

2. Will navigation most likely still work after Cyan uploads his next ROM build (most likely tonight)? I understand if this question is unanswerable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try this procedure. Something happens as the clock rolls over midnight that causes Market and Navigation to recognize the changes to the fingerprint.

1. Make sure Market and other google apps are not running in the background
    2. Go to your time and date settings. Set the time to 11:59 PM and quickly exit to your home screen
    3. Wait until your phone reaches 12:01 without doing anything
    4. Check if Nav works
    5. Change your phone time back to normal.

That sounds like about correct. Something changes, somewhere. And simply changing the fingerprint line is not enough. I think your trick would work (cant test it, already got it going). Or sometimes I think a couple of reboots or installing Gvoice does the job.

Your solution seems like the best way to trigger the correct reading of the fingerprint. It should be mentioned somewhere, maybe the OP.