Collection of Roms for Nook Tablet 8GB and 16GB - Links to respective threads

Search This thread

Cubanluke88

Nov 18, 2011
Connecticut
The purpose of this thread is to make it easier for people to find various roms (stock, stock with mods, custom) to flash via CWM or TWRP on their Nook Tablets and Nook Tablets only. Do not use these roms for a Nook Color or any other device unless you enjoy making your life difficult.

I take no credit for these ROMs. The developers who are working on these roms deserve all the credit, I am simply providing a means for Nook Tablet owners to find Roms with a bit more ease.

Requirements:

Nook Tablet
Custom recovery

This thread is not meant to explain how to get a custom recovery running or how to use it. There are plenty of tutorials out there if you need help. Nor is it meant as a support thread for any of these roms. If you have questions about things with any of these roms, I personally suggest using the Q&A sub forum or support thread if there is one. I'll try to keep this updated as more roms come out.

Oh and the usual disclaimer of me taking no responsibility for you not doing proper research/following directions properly/the world ending and your tablet becoming bricked somehow.

List of Roms:

[Recovery ROM] 8gb and 16gb Versions [CWM Backup][Unregistered B&N store][4/17] - courtesy of albertwertz - this is not a flashable zip! this is a nandroid backup! Be sure to download the proper file for your device!

Stock 1.4.0 + Root + Apps + Mods - GO Launcher [Yes/No B&N|Rebloat Pack] - courtesy of lavero.burgos

Stock 1.4.1 + Root + Additional Stuff - 16GB ONLY - courtesy of cobrato

[ROM] CM7, Updated 7th July to Beta - 16GB NT and 8GB NT - Internal install or boot from external SD card - courtesy of Team-B

[04-07] Miui 2.3.30 Alpha 2 for Nook Tablet (GB 2.3.7) - courtesy of cobrato

[ROM/MODS/THEME] Nook Tablet ONE-STOP-SHOP for CM7 | UPDATE! April/13 - courtesy of lavero.burgos

[DEV] [ROM] CM9 for Nook Tablet Alpha 0.05.1 - 16GB NT and 8GB NT - Early alpha but very stable; currently on 2.6. kernel, no hardware acceleration (high end games, Netflix, HD Youtube) - 8GB users need to flash an alternate boot.zip file to be able to boot - Updated 6-30-12 - courtesy of chrmhoffmann

AOKP Port, Work in Progress - Early alpha, based on CM9 development but so it will have all the same bugs plus others related to AOKP - courtesy of Keithn

Last edited:

movrshakr

Jan 20, 2011
May I make a request to the OP to put WHAT the collection of ROMS is for into the title of the first post (title of the thread)?

I know it is in the text, but having it in the title will make it more meaningful in the index.

Perhaps:
"Collection of ROMs for Nook Tablet - with Links"

Cubanluke88

Nov 18, 2011
Connecticut
May I make a request to the OP to put WHAT the collection of ROMS is for into the title of the first post (title of the thread)?

I know it is in the text, but having it in the title will make it more meaningful in the index.

Perhaps:
"Collection of ROMs for Nook Tablet - with Links"

This is a nook tablet forum. What else would they be for?

Sent from my NookTablet using Tapatalk

drspinderwalf

Mar 13, 2012
Are the ones not specified supposed to work with both 8 and 16 gig models? Specifically, this one:

[ROM/MODS/THEME] Nook Tablet ONE-STOP-SHOP for CM7 | UPDATE! April/13 - courtesy of lavero.burgos

I've read through the whole thread over there and there isn't any mention of what type of Nook it is for. I'd post a question asking but I am under 10 posts and am not allowed.

old_fart

Dec 8, 2011
it never rains here
will there ever be another sd version rom for the nook tablet without messing with internal stuff
Well I read that the crafty folks over on the 'kindle fire" forum are beginning porting their cm9 to 'jelly bean' so then the very clever folks here will do the same. ( curse you barns and noble ! ! ! for your locked and signed boot loader. and then reversing the port config on the ducati too... i'll never buy one of your damn books ! ! ! )

captican

Feb 26, 2011
Well I read that the crafty folks over on the 'kindle fire" forum are beginning porting their cm9 to 'jelly bean' so then the very clever folks here will do the same. ( curse you barns and noble ! ! ! for your locked and signed boot loader. and then reversing the port config on the ducati too... i'll never buy one of your damn books ! ! ! )

It seems to me that B and N should of made it easier, not harder, for developers...there wouldn't be quite the effort to jump ship to the Nexus 7 if the system were more open

I keep hoping that they realize becoming more developer friendly is there only option now.

Last edited:

mezozon

Apr 23, 2012
i like [ROM/MODS/THEME] Nook Tablet ONE-STOP-SHOP for CM7 | UPDATE! April/13
it looks nice and easy to do

Cubanluke88

Nov 18, 2011
Connecticut
CM7 has been updated. It now supports the 8GB internal install as well as a handful of other changes. Check the change log in the thread for details.

May 4, 2013
thank you

Which of these is the dual boot that comes with netflix, hulu and allows for fast switch between the nook and android os?

I have nook tablet 16gb 1.4.0 and wanted to use the same zip that installed the dual boot of an android os and the nook system. I have CWM installed internally due to charging issues I tryed doing a recover and when everything booted the launchers didnt which one to use "Home" or "ADW". I loved this operating system and have factory reset which it now boots normal.

Top Liked Posts