2nd day with Note2

Search This thread

chrisryn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Now I'm looking for new glass. Man the glass on these are weak. My nexus and htc took spills way worse than sliding out of my pocket to floor of my van to end up sliding to the concrete and landing on its back, and shattered glass. Every thing else seems to be working and no scratches on the phone what so ever that is how small of a fall this one. Is the weak glass a manufacturing issue or was it known to be weak?

Edit: I should be able to just have the glass "lense" replaced or do I need a new digitizer also?

BlackPhantomX

Dec 6, 2012
Depends on how extensive the damage is. If it's only shattered outer glass like you said, then you might get away without having to. It's apparent you just had the luck of the draw. I've had my phone take worse spills and survived and that's with or without it's bumper case.

And why would you be so careless of a phone you had only two days?

UrbanLagoon

Dec 13, 2012
Depends on how extensive the damage is. If it's only shattered outer glass like you said, then you might get away without having to. It's apparent you just had the luck of the draw. I've had my phone take worse spills and survived and that's with or without it's bumper case.

From what I have seen just from the S3, the glass is really really really attached to that digitizer. There are people who fix it for around $150 (in Southern California though). Or you can do it yourself and risk breaking it for around $30-40. If you choose option 2, you will have to send it to samsung and pay that $300 fee to replace screen and digitizer.

This is what I have seen from the S3, and the Note 2 looks very very similiar to that S3.

Just my 50 cents.

Reactions: BlackPhantomX

chrisryn

Feb 10, 2007

It just glass looks like it hit on corner by menu button. I wasnt being careless it was were it was supposed to be in my pocket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

DAGr8

Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
Now I'm looking for new glass. Man the glass on these are weak. My nexus and htc took spills way worse than sliding out of my pocket to floor of my van to end up sliding to the concrete and landing on its back, and shattered glass. Every thing else seems to be working and no scratches on the phone what so ever that is how small of a fall this one. Is the weak glass a manufacturing issue or was it known to be weak?

Edit: I should be able to just have the glass "lense" replaced or do I need a new digitizer also?

Off topic ..
Get on irc

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium

chrisryn

Feb 10, 2007
Well day three and a new note. Thanks to still being in my 14 day window and walmarts contract not explicitly saying phone had to be damage free. So starting over new note with case with holster and me being overly paranoid it should make it st least a week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

From what I have seen just from the S3, the glass is really really really attached to that digitizer. There are people who fix it for around $150 (in Southern California though). Or you can do it yourself and risk breaking it for around $30-40. If you choose option 2, you will have to send it to samsung and pay that $300 fee to replace screen and digitizer.

This is what I have seen from the S3, and the Note 2 looks very very similiar to that S3.

Just my 50 cents.