Ubuntutouch porting sgs2

Search This thread

liawim

Jan 4, 2013
Hello,
Is there a dev. Interesting in porting ubuntutouch to sgs2. I really like it to take a spin on my s2....i think its awesome what conical is doing...even its in alpha....
Thx....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

gabboman

May 17, 2012
www.minetsii.es
Well, I dont know if the source has been released yet, but i can tell you that it would be a hard job: we don't have all the sources of our cellphone, so we couldn't have the drivers working well (as the GPU). It would be a hard job. I still have no experience as a developer, maybe in some time I could do something like a kernel but making a new OS to our phone would be very harder...
But I'm sure that there is here a lot of people better than me in that, just wait :D

liawim

Jan 4, 2013
Well what i know is that they are using a stripped version of the kernel from cm 10.1. and there is a guide on internet how to port ubuntutouch to other devices.
I know that they already pulled it of for the sgs3

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Porting

Last edited:

liawim

Jan 4, 2013
Nobody...really? I really hope someone put this up....just check de link above....if cm10.1 works on your phone then ubuntutouch should work either.....on the vids it looks amazing....;)

f-r

May 14, 2012
Nobody...really? I really hope someone put this up....just check de link above....if cm10.1 works on your phone then ubuntutouch should work either.....on the vids it looks amazing....;)

Get real.
Even if the source will be released (didn't happen yet) and a dev will begin porting it, (didn't happen yet) this takes time. It won't happen immediately as a reply to a thread.

Sent from my digital submersible hovercraft.

liawim

Jan 4, 2013
Get real.
Even if the source will be released (didn't happen yet) and a dev will begin porting it, (didn't happen yet) this takes time. It won't happen immediately as a reply to a thread.

Sent from my digital submersible hovercraft.

First off all the source is released...and second off all not asking for a direct solution for porting but for someone to pic this up who also might be very interesting in ubuntu touch.;)