[MOD][Xposed] Disable "New tag detected" for empty NFC tags

Search This thread

MohammadAG

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
Requires Xposed Framework!

The "New tag detected" message shows when an NFC tag is scanned that's either empty or contains some plain text.

This module disables that message if the tag is empty. This is useful if you want to have an empty tag that'll automate something with Llama or AnyTAG, or to unlock your device using NFC (module coming soon for 4.2+ devices).

Compatibility:
Any device with NFC and 4.1+

Source:
The mod is open source: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed-Disable-NFC-Tag-Empty

Download from Xposed Repository:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.mohammadag.disablenfctagempty

Support development:
If you found this mod useful, consider donating with PayPal.

Last edited:

Mikegrmn

Aug 24, 2013

The "New tag detected" message shows when an NFC tag is scanned that's either empty or contains some plain text.

This module disables that message if the tag is empty. This is useful if you want to have an empty tag that'll automate something with Llama or AnyTAG, or to unlock your device using NFC (module coming soon for 4.2+ devices).

Compatibility:
Any device with NFC and 4.1

Source:
The mod is open source: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed-Disable-NFC-Tag-Empty

http://dl-count.xposed.info/modules/com.mohammadag.disablenfctagempty_v1_3263ac.apk

Support development:

I read I need this mod for NFCunlock. But once I apply this mod, how do I get an app to recognize a new tag?

MohammadAG

Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
I read I need this mod for NFCunlock. But once I apply this mod, how do I get an app to recognize a new tag?

It doesn't affect that. In fact what this does is simply call finish() for that activity, almost the same as pressing back. Anything deeper than that may not work across all ROMs.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-i9500) using Taptalk 4

davideshay

Oct 21, 2013
Doesn't seem to work on Galaxy Note 3

Using on stock rom on Galaxy Note 3, doesn't seem to work. Tried after erasing a few tags using "NFC Task Launcher" and still getting the message "New tag scanned". Yes I've rooted, installed xposed and the module and rebooted.

MohammadAG

Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
Using on stock rom on Galaxy Note 3, doesn't seem to work. Tried after erasing a few tags using "NFC Task Launcher" and still getting the message "New tag scanned". Yes I've rooted, installed xposed and the module and rebooted.

Can you post a screenshot of what you get?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-i9500) using Taptalk 4

nonameduck

Jul 15, 2009
I'm hoping this will get updated to work on 4.3+ soon. Your NFC Unlocking module works great but constantly triggers this screen immediately after unlocking.

Reactions: j3r3myp

MohammadAG

Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
I'm hoping this will get updated to work on 4.3+ soon. Your NFC Unlocking module works great but constantly triggers this screen immediately after unlocking.

It doesn't work on Note3. And the nfc unlokcer is really cool! If it does work, cooler.hah~

This should already work on 4.3. The code hasn't changed since 4.1: http://grepcode.com/file_/repositor.../apps/tag/TagViewer.java/?v=diff&id2=4.1.1_r1

Can someone post a relevant logcat?

MohammadAG

Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org

It doesn't work on Note3. And the nfc unlokcer is really cool! If it does work, cooler.hah~

I updated my Nexus 7 to stock KitKat and figured this out. CyanogenMod didn't suffer from this.
Some builds have a different package name for the viewer. This is fixed in 1.1.

Any chance of an ICS friendly version or is there some technical reason it won't work with 4.0.1?

1.1.1 has a lower SDK version, so this should work fine now.
I always set a higher SDK version since I have no ICS devices.

xdapao3

Oct 31, 2008
First of all, THANK YOU FOR THE AWESOME NFC UNLOCKING MODULE!!

I use it on both my Note II and my Nexus 7, my problem is that this other module, "Disable new tag detected", does not work on my Note II (and my Nexus but that is expected as it is on KitKat and if I am not mistaken 4.4 is unfortunately not supported by this module).

Might that be because I am using Samsung TecTiles..? I don't have any other "generic" one to try at the moment.

BTW, for anyone in the same boat as me my workaround is to set it to do something which doesn't affect me (turn driving mode off or, for some other tag, to go to the launcher, Nova Prime) and disabling notifications for the Samsung TecTile app.

So not a biggie... and thanks again for NFC unlocking, I LOVE IT since I first saw it at the Moto X launch!! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: MohammadAG

MohammadAG

Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
I'm getting a "There is a problem parsing the package" when tapping the apk, is it just me? I've downloaded it a few times to make sure.

Can you open the APK with Root Explorer and check if the AndroidManifest file has a min SDK of 14?

First of all, THANK YOU FOR THE AWESOME NFC UNLOCKING MODULE!!

I use it on both my Note II and my Nexus 7, my problem is that this other module, "Disable new tag detected", does not work on my Note II (and my Nexus but that is expected as it is on KitKat and if I am not mistaken 4.4 is unfortunately not supported by this module).

Might that be because I am using Samsung TecTiles..? I don't have any other "generic" one to try at the moment.

BTW, for anyone in the same boat as me my workaround is to set it to do something which doesn't affect me (turn driving mode off or, for some other tag, to go to the launcher, Nova Prime) and disabling notifications for the Samsung TecTile app.

So not a biggie... and thanks again for NFC unlocking, I LOVE IT since I first saw it at the Moto X launch!! :D

You're welcome!
This should work fine on the Note II, I haven't tested it but it worked fine on the S4. I'll test it on a Note 2 tomorrow.
KitKat support is there, I forgot to update the URL in the first post, but it works fine on my Nexus 7. Stock 4.4 of course.
NFC tag type is irrelevant here, I simply check whatever the app is checking to show the empty text.

Reactions: xdapao3

xdapao3

Oct 31, 2008
You're welcome!
This should work fine on the Note II, I haven't tested it but it worked fine on the S4. I'll test it on a Note 2 tomorrow.
KitKat support is there, I forgot to update the URL in the first post, but it works fine on my Nexus 7. Stock 4.4 of course.
NFC tag type is irrelevant here, I simply check whatever the app is checking to show the empty text.

Thank you and please let me know if there is something I may do to make it work on both of them (especially on the Note II)!

My Note II is an unlocked carrier-free N7100 and runs the latest stock JB 4.1.2 (XXDME6) and only has root (no custom kernel, no custom recovery). The Launcher is Nova Prime.

My Nexus 7 2013 is a Wi-Fi 32GB one with stock KitKat 4.4 + ElementalX kernel 2.2 and root. The Launcher is the Nexus 5's one (AKA "G.E.L.", enabled by the well known Google apk).

MohammadAG

Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
Thank you and please let me know if there is something I may do to make it work on both of them (especially on the Note II)!

My Note II is an unlocked carrier-free N7100 and runs the latest stock JB 4.1.2 (XXDME6) and only has root (no custom kernel, no custom recovery). The Launcher is Nova Prime.

My Nexus 7 2013 is a Wi-Fi 32GB one with stock KitKat 4.4 + ElementalX kernel 2.2 and root. The Launcher is the Nexus 5's one (AKA "G.E.L.", enabled by the well known Google apk).

Check with the Nexus 7 again, be sure to have the latest 1.1.1 version of this module installed. It should work fine as is :)

xdapao3

Oct 31, 2008
Check with the Nexus 7 again, be sure to have the latest 1.1.1 version of this module installed. It should work fine as is :)

Yes everything is up-to-dated to the latest version :)

On the Nexus 7 I have Xposed 2.4.1, App Settings 1.6, Gravity Box 2.7.6, Disable NFC tag empty message 1.1.1, NFC Lock screen off enabler 1.9.7.2.

On the Note II I have Xposed 2.4.1, App Settings 1.6, MW Apps manager 1.0, Disable NFC tag empty message 1.1.1, NFC Lock screen off enabler 1.9.7.2.

Last edited:

kimx0

May 19, 2013
Hi MohammadAG,

I'm using this module on a Nexus 5 running 4.4.2 in addition to the NFCLOckScreenOffEnabler. I'm experiencing a problem with this module using a xperia smarttags.
When I scan the tag a window opens reading "New Tag detected" semc://liveware.../smarttags.

Correct me if I'm wrong: this module should prevent this, right?

Thanks for your various projects/contriubutions

Last edited:

BlueMoonRising

Dec 9, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hi MohammadAG,

I'm using this module on a Nexus 5 running 4.4.2 in addition to the NFCLOckScreenOffEnabler. I'm experiencing a problem with this module using a xperia smarttags.
When I scan the tag a window opens reading "New Tag detected" semc://liveware.../smarttags.

Correct me if I'm wrong: this module should prevent this, right?

Thanks for your various projects/contriubutions

Are you using the very latest apk, com.mohammadag.disablenfctagempty_v3_ce8067.apk? Have you enabled the mod within the framework AND restarted the phone?

kimx0

May 19, 2013
Are you using the very latest apk, com.mohammadag.disablenfctagempty_v3_ce8067.apk? Have you enabled the mod within the framework AND restarted the phone?

I've installed the module through the xposed installer app. I rebooted the phone a couple of times. I've even tried to remove the module and reinstall it.

Nothing happened. Is there any way to debug if the module is doing something? The module is getting loaded as I can see it in the log of the xposed installer app.
@MohammadAG any clues? Thanks in advance for the support given by this community.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Compatibility:
    Any device with NFC and 4.1+

Source:

http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.mohammadag.disablenfctagempty

Support development:
    I was having the same issue with a couple nfc tags I had previously written to.
    I tried a couple apps to erase the tag and the 'NFC TagWriter by NXP' worked for me. I tried Erase and Full Erase without success. Then I tried the 'Clean' option in the Tools menu and it finally worked.

Hopefully that will work for others having this issue.

Hi, I have tried to erase tags with a few nfc tagwriter apps on play store. And I still get the new tag collected with unknow tag type pop up.

Just a FYI, if i erase my nfc tag with the app "trigger" , i will only get pop up with 'new tag collected' ; while for tag erased by other apps for example 'NFC TagWriter by NXP' will show 'new tag collected' and 'unknown tag type'.

Running the latest module version 1.1.1 with nfc lockscreenOff version 1.9.7.4 , Nexus 5 , OS version 4.4.2. Any advice ?
    Yep, that's what's going on here, as well. Is there a way to make the tags "empty" again? I tried using the Erase Tag in NFC Tools and other apps, but that's what gives me the "Unrecognized Tag" message. I haven't found any writers that would allow me to write an empty string. (It has to be at least 1 character, even if it's just a space.) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I installed https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nxp.nfc.tagwriter

And used the clean function. It has the status empty now.

Skickat från min Nexus 5 via Tapatalk
    Trying to use this on my Nexus 5 running 4.4.2 and I must be doing something wrong since it's not working quite as described. I have a Topaz 512 tag I have some plaintext written to and authorized within the module. When I tap the tag, my phone unlocks, but I also get a popup asking me to Choose an action, with the two options "New tag collected" and "NFCTL: Use Tag". Shouldn't this module be preventing this popup?

To disable the new tag collected part for anything, disable Tags.apk.

NFC tags with notes won't work if you do that.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1 using Taptalk