Mime glass screen protectors

Search This thread

86turbodsl

Apr 20, 2008
Vectron, can you comment on the Seidio Vitreo with the Seidio Combo case? I'm leaning that way on my note 2 and wondered how close the edges of the vitreo were to the edges of the combo case. I'm planning on the full rubber case most of the time.

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Vectron, can you comment on the Seidio Vitreo with the Seidio Combo case? I'm leaning that way on my note 2 and wondered how close the edges of the vitreo were to the edges of the combo case. I'm planning on the full rubber case most of the time.

Oh, I'm sure MIME guys reading this thread will like people posting comments about competitive product lol!!! To answer your question it's 100% compatible, all Seidio product designed to inter-work together and as a matter of fact their page for Vitreo states that glass is fully compatible with Surface, Active, and Convert cases. Vitreo width is right at the edge of your visible part of LCD screen. No case (doesn't matter which brand) will cover the visible part of the screen, thus you are safe.

Regarding something like Otterbox Defender, I'm not so sure because inner plastic shell interlocks and your have plastic built in screen protector and all that edging around it.

casualftw

Mar 25, 2013
Got mine yesterday and installed it at night. Took my time to make sure there was the last possible amount of dust on the screen. Then put it on and squeezed out most bubbles. There were some left but they wouldn't go away immediately so I went to sleep and when I woke up I just squeezed them out. No bubbles and fits perfectly on my UAG case. I love it. This thing is like a tank now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

casualftw

Mar 25, 2013
Update. So apparently this thing attracts fingerprints like crazy. I emailed them and it's been a couple days without a response. I'm almost sure they're just ignoring me now.

casualftw

Mar 25, 2013
mime has a new nd improved model coming this week. they are sending a free replacement. the new model is strunken: does not go below the big button.

aluminum button cover are also on a promotion $2.50

Where did you get this information? I can't find any announcements on Facebook or Twitter or their website. Do you know if we have to email them?

bob52r

Mar 10, 2013
Miami, Fl
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
mime has great customer service by email. mime is also monitor this forum and others. they want their customers to have a good product. mime knew about my problems and they contacted me to try the new design gratis.

i still have my mime on the note II. it has a great feel to it and works very well with the stylus

i have a dozen or so tiny bubbles and the lower right corner did not adhere well. it has not moved but upon inspection, it is clearly visable.

farfromovin

Aug 15, 2011
Oxnard, CA
I gotta give a shout out to Mime. They read about my problems and sent out a new redesigned product for free. Skeptical, I pulled off my trusty SGP Ultra Crystal to try it out. It's much narrower now and just covers the side edges of the screen. It played down perfectly with a tiny spot above the power button not all the way down but you don't notice unless looking at it in a light reflection. In short, I'm very impressed with the product and very impressed with the company. Glass is so nice compared to plastic to type on :D

MizT

May 12, 2013
Princeton
I gotta give a shout out to Mime. They read about my problems and sent out a new redesigned product for free. Skeptical, I pulled off my trusty SGP Ultra Crystal to try it out. It's much narrower now and just covers the side edges of the screen. It played down perfectly with a tiny spot above the power button not all the way down but you don't notice unless looking at it in a light reflection. In short, I'm very impressed with the product and very impressed with the company. Glass is so nice compared to plastic to type on :D

I tried Clarivue from the other thread but I ended up with lots of light scratches all over the screen with less than a week's usage. Can you share any pictures of the new redesigned product? The website doesn't have much in terms of photographs..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-SaNaXROG4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Www.mimeusa.com

This video helped me with the protector. Posted it and have had it about a week. It's kinda similar to another glad protector out there. I love it. The clarity is amazing and the finger flow on the glass is great. U do have to wipe the smudges off after a bit but no biggie. The function of the S pen is great. It was a concern for me but as soon as I got it on the S pen was the first thing I tried and no problems.
    I've gone through a couple other protectors because I use the S pen a lot and hated the marks left on the screens so paying the $30 didn't concern me. The only thing I have issue with us that at the edges it looks like it's not fully connected but it is. Don't really notice it unless I focus on it but all in all a great protector for someone like me that was looking for something that was sturdy and didn't leave marked when u use the pen.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
    Can someone post pictures of their actual MIME protector installed?

Here are a couple of pics of the Mime screen protector :)
    No I didn't buy the home button. It's a bit recessed but it's not bad and I don't have any problems with turning on the phone. So fast no loss in touch sensitivity, I love this protector. I wanted a protector like this for a long time and now that it is I'm happy. A lot of smudges but a quick wipe and clear as anything.
    I ordered another one for my wife and it seems the order is delayed. I haven't heard anything from the company but my last order took 4 days to get to me.

Hi

Is this what it looks like, this is the one I have and I'm like you very happy with it.

If you want me to remove this post just let me know, since it's not actually the mime protector.

This is what it looks like on my phone.

Hi Vectron, I'm trying to decide between MIME and Seidio for a glass protector for my Note 2 and hoping you can weigh in here. Do you happen to have a comparison between the two? The small size of the Seidio concerns me since it requires having more of the edge of the phone completely exposed.

That's a tough call because I never tried MIME and can only base my opinion from reading 18-pages of comments in this forum :D What I see in common, tempered glass is obviously rigid in comparison to PET film so the cut makes a BIG difference since GN2 glass is curved toward the edges. So if you have to make a call on how wide it should be and considering that glass is thicker and thus edges will be more noticeable - I think the cut right at the edge of visible LCD portion of the screen looks very clean (VITREO). Regarding not having a full screen protection, if you have a decent case with a lip - it won't matter much since the exposed part (with UAG case it's about 2.5-3mm) will not come in contact with surface and any impact directed at the glass has a lot higher probability of lending in the middle anyway (like if you drop it on a sharp or protruding object).

From what I gathered, people with MIME tempered glass have issues with bubbles around edges and some bubbles in the middle that take awhile to clear up, etc. But the product has a price advantage and offers a wider coverage, although at the expense of edges not always sticking (maybe it was in early version and fixed now?!?). Vitreo I believe is a higher quality product but it comes at a higher price as well, and also smaller cutout. I also heard from a few people that touch sensitivity of MIME is not the best, something I can't complain about with Vitreo. Actually the opposite, I feel it's a bit oversensitive which could be part of a slippery glass I still getting used to after having iSmooth protector for 3+ months. Maybe it's just a combination of slippery glass and oleophobic coating which might wear out after a while. But I have noticed on a few occasions with Vitreo where I have to touch'n'hold the link my fingers slides a little down so I have to respond faster in these situation.

Maybe someone who tried both can chime in? The problem is that with tempered glass being so expensive if it works for you, nobody going to lift it off and go on try something else :) With plastic screen protector it's easier especially when you get 2-3 in a pack. So unless you have problems or don't like it anymore, and decide to take it off and to try another one - it will be hard to find someone who played with both. And even if you have some issues with edges not sticking, some people just accept it and live with it.
    Can someone post pictures of their actual MIME protector installed?

Here ya go.