Changed recovery and now TF700 won't stop rebooting (makes it all the way to Android)

Search This thread

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Ah, sorry, didn't see that. Message sent!

Managed to flash TWRP from fastboot and it seems like the tablet is running a lot longer after a factory reset. Still rebooting around 2 minutes in. Every time I try to flash an updated bootloader though it gives me an error (even when I uncheck MD5 sum check). I'm having trouble getting my tablet to show up under My Computer, and in TWRP it's not picking up my micro SD card....

Kernel version 3.1.10-cyanogenmod-g057aa0a / Android 4.4.2

You have a ubiquitous 4.1.1 boot loader. You need to be so careful here. Which version of tarp did you flash? There is no way to get kk 4.4.2 working on that boot loader.

The fix is to flash the latest stock Asus Rom from their site to get your boot loader correct. Or flash my boot loader + twrp package from cromix thread to at least get your boot loader correct. You still won't be able to flash kk 4.4.2 but it's a start.

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Win

You have a ubiquitous 4.1.1 boot loader. You need to be so careful here. Which version of tarp did you flash? There is no way to get kk 4.4.2 working on that boot loader.

The fix is to flash the latest stock Asus Rom from their site to get your boot loader correct. Or flash my boot loader + twrp package from cromix thread to at least get your boot loader correct. You still won't be able to flash kk 4.4.2 but it's a start.

It took me a little bit but I got him up and running!!!!!!!:D

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
The Great Venture

He was able to get to boot into fastboot took a bit of doing for him....Once he was there I did not want to have to have him reboot into it again...

Than we verified that his PC did not have fastboot.exe or adb.exe than he could find....It may of also be a driver issue, as he is a windows user:(

So I shipped him here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979 Which got everything even the drivers for windows 8....

So than I shipped him to asus for the stock firmware... He got the blob and we did these steps

Code:
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase misc
fastboot erase cache
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system blob
fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot

This will take 7 to 10 min to complete just hang tight
When the write starts on this you will see a blue bar on your tablet this is good

Knowing that the command

Code:
fastboot -w

Is kind of important to this process when your as far down the rabbit hole as he was..

But it hangs on wiping cache, and I did not want him to have to reboot back into fastboot, until the new bootloader was installed so I skipped it....

So everything when ok till boot just stuck on startup screen...So than with a new bootloader and a stock recovery.. we did the sdcard downgrade...

1. Download the latest version of Android for your tablet. Make sure you download the correct SKU version.
A. To find the SKU, go into settings, About tablet, and look for your Build Number, There are two letters (such as US,WW, TW, etc.) that is your SKU. When downloading the zip from ASUS', you must download the correct SKU zip.
2. Decompress downloaded .zip file (it will be another .zip)
3. Rename it to:
A. For the TF700 and TF300: EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip
B. For the TF101: E101_SDUPDATE.zip
4. Make sure your MicroSD card is formatted Fat32. It must be Fat32 Format or it will not work.
5. Copy the file to (the root directory of) your MicroSD
6. Insert the MicroSD into the tablet
7. Shutdown (power off) the tablet
8. Power it on by pressing and holding VOLUME DOWN and POWER buttons simultaneously
9. When you see white text in the top left corner of the screen, release the buttons ^^ and press VOLUME UP button (on RCK, this is your recovery which should already be selected) until you see Android logo and process bar
10. Give the update process 5-10 minutes. It should not take longer than that. If it happens to run for more than 45 minutes to an hour, force shut down the tablet and see if it boots. If it does not, try rerunning steps 7-9.

Than it booted into stock rom but would not take the OTA... Knowing that CMB rom is ok with that bootloader.. We flashed recovery Installed
the rom and gapps and the rest is history....:silly:

May 13, 2013
I just want to say JL was so incredibly helpful. Took the time to walk me through installation on the phone. Everything running smooth now.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Win

It took me a little bit but I got him up and running!!!!!!!:D
    The Great Venture

He was able to get to boot into fastboot took a bit of doing for him....Once he was there I did not want to have to have him reboot into it again...

Than we verified that his PC did not have fastboot.exe or adb.exe than he could find....It may of also be a driver issue, as he is a windows user:(

So I shipped him here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979 Which got everything even the drivers for windows 8....

So than I shipped him to asus for the stock firmware... He got the blob and we did these steps

Code:
    fastboot erase system
    fastboot erase recovery
    fastboot erase boot
    fastboot erase misc
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system blob
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot

This will take 7 to 10 min to complete just hang tight
    When the write starts on this you will see a blue bar on your tablet this is good

Knowing that the command

Code:
    fastboot -w

Is kind of important to this process when your as far down the rabbit hole as he was..

But it hangs on wiping cache, and I did not want him to have to reboot back into fastboot, until the new bootloader was installed so I skipped it....

So everything when ok till boot just stuck on startup screen...So than with a new bootloader and a stock recovery.. we did the sdcard downgrade...

1. Download the latest version of Android for your tablet. Make sure you download the correct SKU version.
    A. To find the SKU, go into settings, About tablet, and look for your Build Number, There are two letters (such as US,WW, TW, etc.) that is your SKU. When downloading the zip from ASUS', you must download the correct SKU zip.
    2. Decompress downloaded .zip file (it will be another .zip)
    3. Rename it to:
    A. For the TF700 and TF300: EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip
    B. For the TF101: E101_SDUPDATE.zip
    4. Make sure your MicroSD card is formatted Fat32. It must be Fat32 Format or it will not work.
    5. Copy the file to (the root directory of) your MicroSD
    6. Insert the MicroSD into the tablet
    7. Shutdown (power off) the tablet
    8. Power it on by pressing and holding VOLUME DOWN and POWER buttons simultaneously
    9. When you see white text in the top left corner of the screen, release the buttons ^^ and press VOLUME UP button (on RCK, this is your recovery which should already be selected) until you see Android logo and process bar
    10. Give the update process 5-10 minutes. It should not take longer than that. If it happens to run for more than 45 minutes to an hour, force shut down the tablet and see if it boots. If it does not, try rerunning steps 7-9.

Than it booted into stock rom but would not take the OTA... Knowing that CMB rom is ok with that bootloader.. We flashed recovery Installed
    the rom and gapps and the rest is history....:silly:

For sure... I will post in just a little bit.....