[INDEX] Sony Xperia SP ROM's / Kernel's / Recoveries - Updated 03082014

Search This thread

saiamrock

Apr 3, 2014
title

really appreciate for indexing ROM-kernel-recoveries, but i think you should update the title of you indexed topic, for example existenz is now v3 and using the new firmware. it will be helpful for other user to know current updated ROM/kernel/recoveries :)

kliiv

Apr 10, 2014
Hello !

I'm new here, and I have one question about this forum and the custom roms for Xperia SP

Does the last custom rom here solve all the bugs in Xperia SP (lag, touchscreen problem, camera...etc) that we have on the official 4.3 Jelly Bean ?

Thank you

headache59

Feb 22, 2014
Hello !

I'm new here, and I have one question about this forum and the custom roms for Xperia SP

Does the last custom rom here solve all the bugs in Xperia SP (lag, touchscreen problem, camera...etc) that we have on the official 4.3 Jelly Bean ?

Thank you

Speaking as one with a locked bootloader: most of the roms (in android development forum) are merely customised roms relying on stock .201 or .266. So, whatever is in stock (official) 4.3 will be present in these roms.

BUT THESE ROMS ARE MUCH NICER and slightly more user friendly than stock :D

The "non-stock" that I am aware: CM10.2, existenz ultra 3.1.5 (not sure)

Last edited:

vvaklnprm

Dec 17, 2012
Chennai
XSP FTW!

I just bought a new XSP..
I researched a few things in these forums and drew conclusions, please advise me on whether they're right

1. Flashing ROMs on Locked Bootloader will NOT void my warranty
2. ROMs based on stock roms can be flashed on a locked bootloader, for custom ROMs we need a unlocked BL
3. Flashing a stock ROM for my model C5302 ( which is from Taiwan) from a different region (say India) will NOT affect my phone.

Thanking you in advance! :)

headache59

Feb 22, 2014
I just bought a new XSP..
I researched a few things in these forums and drew conclusions, please advise me on whether they're right

1. Flashing ROMs on Locked Bootloader will NOT void my warranty - correct, at least in my country :D
2. ROMs based on stock roms can be flashed on a locked bootloader, for custom ROMs we need a unlocked BL -some custom roms can be flashed on Locked BL
3. Flashing a stock ROM for my model C5302 ( which is from Taiwan) from a different region (say India) will NOT affect my phone. - dont know about 5302 (mine is 5303) and I have flashed AU, UK CE on my device, sometimes just the kernels, other times, fully (before I found some ftf from my country).

Thanking you in advance! :)

See my comments in red against your post :highfive:

Reactions: vvaklnprm

kliiv

Apr 10, 2014
Speaking as one with a locked bootloader: most of the roms (in android development forum) are merely customised roms relying on stock .201 or .266. So, whatever is in stock (official) 4.3 will be present in these roms.

BUT THESE ROMS ARE MUCH NICER and slightly more user friendly than stock :D

The "non-stock" that I am aware: CM10.2, existenz ultra 3.1.5 (not sure)

Thank you for the explanation ! ^^

Corn Flake

Nov 29, 2011
Hi, how much stable are CM11 ROMs compared to stock ROM? My father asked me to do something with his phone becouse stock ROM is piece of.... (he have too many problems even with newest update).

velnens123

Dec 23, 2010
Lincoln
Hi, how much stable are CM11 ROMs compared to stock ROM? My father asked me to do something with his phone becouse stock ROM is piece of.... (he have too many problems even with newest update).

CM11 is not as stable as stock rom, in my opinion. It has overheating issues and heavy battery drain. You can try CM10.1 instead, it's rock stable and has no issues whatsoever, except for FM radio which all custom roms don't have. By the way, you need an unlocked bootloader for CM roms.

Last edited:
Reactions: Corn Flake

headache59

Feb 22, 2014
CM11 is not as stable as stock rom, in my opinion. It has overheating issues and heavy battery drain. You can try CM10.1 instead, it's rock stable and has no issues whatsoever, except for FM radio which all custom roms don't have. By the way, you need an unlocked bootloader for CM roms.

There is actually a CM10.2 for locked bl...

Top Liked Posts