Help reading miniSD card formatted with MotoQ9m

Search This thread

kge420

Dec 31, 2008
Desperate/long shot here. I have a miniSD card that was used in my MotoQ9m years ago. This card may have some photos of our daughter (now deceased) and I want to know if any devs know of a program that will open this card in Win 7.
Thanks in advance, Keith

foodie.me

May 15, 2014
Desperate/long shot here. I have a miniSD card that was used in my MotoQ9m years ago. This card may have some photos of our daughter (now deceased) and I want to know if any devs know of a program that will open this card in Win 7.
Thanks in advance, Keith

You don't need any program, if it's a mini SD card as long as you have the slot to plug it into your computer Win 7 will be able to read it like a USB.

tr3w

Aug 13, 2010
Thanks in advance, Keith

Normally you don't need any special program, only a usb card reader (if you don't have a card reader already in your computer).
If your reader is for normal SD only, you can buy an adapter for it. It's cheap.

If you already tried this without luck, it means your card is probably corrupted.
There are specialized companies for that, where they can get data form the card even when the hardware itself is bad. That's a most expensive solution though... I just mention it first, because other methods can make the situation worst, removing even this possibility...

In the 90% of the cases you have data corruption, but otherwise the card is fine. Then you can try some software yourself:
The first is GetDataBack. It saved me at least 4 times in the last 10 years. It will try to reconstruct the whole filesystem. It won't write the sdcard, but in case of success you can copy your files to your computer easily.
It's not free, but you can try the free version, which can show you if it can find the files, the paid version needed only for the actual copying.

And there is PhotoRec.
It won't try to reconstruct the whole filesystem, but tries to find the files in the raw data. It can recognize more than 440 file formats, so it should find your images if there are any...

Good luck.

Reactions: kge420

kge420

Dec 31, 2008
tr3w, the card being corrupted is my feeling. I have tried card in a few card readers on different computers all with the same result. I will try your suggestions. Thanks, Keith

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks in advance, Keith

Normally you don't need any special program, only a usb card reader (if you don't have a card reader already in your computer).
    If your reader is for normal SD only, you can buy an adapter for it. It's cheap.

If you already tried this without luck, it means your card is probably corrupted.
    There are specialized companies for that, where they can get data form the card even when the hardware itself is bad. That's a most expensive solution though... I just mention it first, because other methods can make the situation worst, removing even this possibility...

In the 90% of the cases you have data corruption, but otherwise the card is fine. Then you can try some software yourself:
    The first is GetDataBack. It saved me at least 4 times in the last 10 years. It will try to reconstruct the whole filesystem. It won't write the sdcard, but in case of success you can copy your files to your computer easily.
    It's not free, but you can try the free version, which can show you if it can find the files, the paid version needed only for the actual copying.

And there is PhotoRec.
    It won't try to reconstruct the whole filesystem, but tries to find the files in the raw data. It can recognize more than 440 file formats, so it should find your images if there are any...

Good luck.