List of bugs found in Froyo, please add them here

Search This thread

Gunplay

Oct 3, 2010
Sofia
The APNs were fine, I just removed the APN which was used to that moment and restored the default. Now is working fine.

Hallx

Dec 4, 2008
Updated twice. First update was some wifi performance fix and then the second one did not have much description. (I guess it is Froyo but I can't confirm any version numbers).

Now it gets stuck at "loading" after booting. Then "Process com.android.phone is not responding" pops up and lets me either report, wait or kill the process. I tried all the options. But, it remain stuck at "loading".

Please, help. I do not know what to do =(

Hallx

Dec 4, 2008
Updated twice. First update was some wifi performance fix and then the second one did not have much description. (I guess it is Froyo but I can't confirm any version numbers).

Now it gets stuck at "loading" after booting. Then "Process com.android.phone is not responding" pops up and lets me either report, wait or kill the process. I tried all the options. But, it remain stuck at "loading".

Please, help. I do not know what to do =(

update:
Did a hard reset. Now it displays "No SIM card in phone. Please insert a SIM card."

Does anyone else have the same problem?

dpetrucci

Aug 5, 2008
Hey, everybody

Well, my Legend is a bit slow...apps are like slowing down.

The galleria app, everytime its reiniciated, is as to load all the pictures again, wich is a pain.

Have to try the USD Debugging, and to reset my FAcebook acount.

Actually I am a lot disapointed with this froyo, in my Legend!

If it was to make Legend works like this, I suppose it was better to wait for christmas and have a better HTC present.

dekky18

May 11, 2010
Pula
Hey, everybody

Well, my Legend is a bit slow...apps are like slowing down.

The galleria app, everytime its reiniciated, is as to load all the pictures again, wich is a pain.

Have to try the USD Debugging, and to reset my FAcebook acount.

Actually I am a lot disapointed with this froyo, in my Legend!

If it was to make Legend works like this, I suppose it was better to wait for christmas and have a better HTC present.

Give him some time, do a couple restarts and it should be fine...
Mine was laggy first day but after 3 restarts in 2 days it works very well...
I love it now...tnx htc.

Phollux

Oct 17, 2010
I don't really think Froyo speed up my Legend.. I'm experiencing more overall lagging than Eclair.. And especially when scrolling.. :( Even the pull-down notification lags when I pull it down, it used to run VERY smooth. Also Launcher Pro used to run very smooth all the time no matter what .. Only when I've left the phone in a while, LP is running awesome again..
I did a factory reset and cleared the SD right after the update .. Any things I could do to improve?

Lord-Vader

Oct 5, 2010
Happened to me twice, under certain conditions, using the hardware back button the phone will go back in history infinite steps, re-doing your every step, even opening apps and closing them again... scary

stex_80

Feb 11, 2010
Horrible, my Legend has become very slow, when I scrolling pages The movement is not fluid, I tried with more launcher bit is alwais same.
If this is froyo, I want my old eclair !!!

Sent from my HTC Legend using XDA App

gallery

Jun 6, 2009
Tuticorin
Don't use task killer
I have a fantastic performance after uninstalling task killer in eclair
Still now I don't have froyo update

smartvinu

May 24, 2010
India
Installed and then removed. Its getting hang after I add Google account. Did a hard reset also

Sent from my Legend using XDA App

Sebastian768

Jul 17, 2008
I've also noticed poorer reception than before:

Granted, this might be due to technical issues with the cell tower. BUT....I'm at the same location as before, were I used to get full HSPA (four bars) I now only get Edge with (four bars). Sometimes, if I move the phone around I get HSPA connection, but only 1-2 bars but I do gett full speed. Seems like the conenction speeds are top notch, but the Legend has problems keeping the connection.

latorante

Jul 23, 2007
Manchester
latorante.name
I've also noticed poorer reception than before:

Granted, this might be due to technical issues with the cell tower. BUT....I'm at the same location as before, were I used to get full HSPA (four bars) I now only get Edge with (four bars). Sometimes, if I move the phone around I get HSPA connection, but only 1-2 bars but I do gett full speed. Seems like the conenction speeds are top notch, but the Legend has problems keeping the connection.

This is the biggest bug I'm experiencing - bad reception. From time to time, the phone shows no reception at all, even thou it's downloading data, if I try to call someone, it shows full signal strenght imidiately, then it drops again ... it's even worse when making phone calls - obviously - people can't hear me properly...

Also, I've got this really annoying bug, when I restart the phone, it says simcard has been changed in notification bar, if I tap on it, it just shows me that application com.android.settings crashed and force close. Ths happens in some settings menus as well...

Anyone else experiencing this??

dieseldriver

May 24, 2010
Since upgrading mine, it doesn't work in the car as it should via bluetooth. It connects fine, I can make calls, but I can't hear anything? The callers have told me they could hear me....

I have noticed the handset is slower scrolling and coming out of programs....
loading photos from the gallery is extremely slow and I only have less than 130..

I have removed the live wallpapers and this has sped the phone phone up a little.
Could someone remind me about the USB debug setting, I can't find it....?

latorante

Jul 23, 2007
Manchester
latorante.name
Since upgrading mine, it doesn't work in the car as it should via bluetooth. It connects fine, I can make calls, but I can't hear anything? The callers have told me they could hear me....

I have noticed the handset is slower scrolling and coming out of programs....
loading photos from the gallery is extremely slow and I only have less than 130..

I have removed the live wallpapers and this has sped the phone phone up a little.
Could someone remind me about the USB debug setting, I can't find it....?

Sure, it's:

settings > applications > development > USB debugging

Sebastian768

Jul 17, 2008
This is the biggest bug I'm experiencing - bad reception. From time to time, the phone shows no reception at all, even thou it's downloading data, if I try to call someone, it shows full signal strenght imidiately, then it drops again ... it's even worse when making phone calls - obviously - people can't hear me properly...

Also, I've got this really annoying bug, when I restart the phone, it says simcard has been changed in notification bar, if I tap on it, it just shows me that application com.android.settings crashed and force close. Ths happens in some settings menus as well...

Anyone else experiencing this??

I noticed something a few minutes ago playing around with the phone settings....

I turned off joint GSM/WCDMA and now only have WCDMA connected. I get four bars and full HSPA speed! Before, I would lose WCDMA signal and go over to EDGE with four bars.

It seems the Legend now has:

a) problem getting/holding a WCDMA signal
b) problem going from EDGE to WCDMA signal
c) Poorer reception all over

WIFI hotspot works like a friggin CHARM at least...

hekermeker

Mar 6, 2008
1.Zero notification sounds
2. Move to sd card crashes every app moved there, at reboot I won't find them in programs.
3.Big problems with gsm and wi-fi signals
4.I'm using Igo gps program and it's laggy
5.Cannot install flash
6.Battery drains faster
7.Using live wallpapers, device become generally laggy

Rooting and going back to eclair...if it's possible.:(

logoo

Mar 31, 2010
Froyo has to be faster. If its not the case
1) Try the USB debugging tip (search on this topic)
If it fails
2) Do a factory reset and try again step 1. You should as well see how it works without your SD inserted..

Froyo without the lag post update is just wonderful!

mtrax

Nov 24, 2008
my HTC weather wiget seems to occasionaly hang, it works for sometime if I re-add it to my screen but at some stage over night it just goes blank