GTMax 3500mAh High Capacity Battery + New Back Cover $12.99!

Search This thread

miten_sheth

Jun 28, 2012
Any body has tried using it with ShoStock3??

I had tried using a new stock battery on it.. but it ended up in bootloops.. so I am trying to take precaution before buying it..

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

ZARuslan

Feb 12, 2013
Poing
With stock battery of i777 shouldn't be any bootlops. It happens only with battery's without NFC. Try to wipe cache.

miten_sheth

Jun 28, 2012
With stock battery of i777 shouldn't be any bootlops. It happens only with battery's without NFC. Try to wipe cache.

Actually I had used a battery which was for the s2 launched in India.. and I got this from the US.. probably thats why.. I will try doing what you told..

ZARuslan

Feb 12, 2013
Poing
I think battery for s2 i9100 will not work on stock firmware. It causes bootlops and phone can't charging with that battery, when he turned off. With non stock firmware it should work( aokp/aosp). We have big discussion about it on Russian forum (4pda).

miten_sheth

Jun 28, 2012
I think battery for s2 i9100 will not work on stock firmware. It causes bootlops and phone can't charging with that battery, when he turned off. With non stock firmware it should work( aokp/aosp). We have big discussion about it on Russian forum (4pda).

I am not on stock firmware anyways.. I am on ShoStock3 with ajk kernel..

miten_sheth

Jun 28, 2012
But your rom is based on a Samsung firmware. It will not work.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

The battery works now... the only problem is.. once the phone is switched off.. the charging symbol keeps flickering.. otherwise it works.. and when the phone is on.. it charges problem.. dont no how to fix it though.. :confused:

Sent from my SGH-I777

ROM - ShoStock 3 v2.5.6
Kernel - AJK v1.25-S

Reactions: RatusNatus

Bmwlc734

Jun 19, 2012
I've been using this battery on shostock 3, v 2.5.1 and it has been working well.

miten_sheth

Jun 28, 2012
I need a back case for it.. Anybody know any which they ship to India? Thanks in advance..

Sent from my SGH-I777

ROM -ShoStock 3 v3.0
Kernel - AJK v1.48-S

sdas683

Oct 13, 2011
Bump. Also, if anyone has one of these laying around as a paperweight I am starting to do some development and could really use another handset. Let me know and we can work something out please.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I found this battery on Amazon about a week ago for $12.99.. Ordered it and I am extremely impressed. Running Stock Rom + Root, constant use daily.I was really getting pissed off with the battery that came with the phone, it just doesn't do it justice.

Pro's - Been using the phone (50% Brightness, Downloading videos, youtubing, texting, phone calls, tinkering with GO Launcher stuff, almost played through a whole game of Words with Friends) Came off the charger at 3 P.M. today, legit screen on using the phone action about 4-5 hours tonight and it's now 11:25 P.M., battery is just hitting 65%! Extremely impressed with the performance of this battery and would recommend it to anyone that needs some extra juice.

Cons - It makes the phone about twice as thick towards the bottom half (I actually like this, it makes it much easier to hold on to and just grip in general). Also adds a significant amount of weight to the phone but nothing annoying, just saying.

UNSURE - Not sure about the NFC Capabilities of the battery, no one around me here has a phone with NFC so I can't test it... Honestly for the performance I could give a S*** less about NFC whether I keep it or lose it.

<Amazon Product ID> (Too few posts to hyperlink yet): B005Q75A84

Link for purchase: http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Capacity-Replacement-compatible-vertically/dp/B005Q75A84

I'll also upload a couple photos for ya'll to see what it looks like. :cool:
    http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Capacit..._1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1319529343&sr=1-1

Awesome price! Great buy for trip battery.

Sadly with that thickness, I would rather club baby seals :(

Nice find, going to have to think about this buy some more.
    Here are some pics of the phone with the extended battery and the bumper case from ebay. Sorry for the quality of the pics, they were taken with an htc hero:D.
    It looks really good in person and the bumper really adds some welcomed grip with minimal bulk. Overall the phone feels good to hold with one hand and it offers some protection to the corners in the event of a fall. The case and the battery cover are almost perfectly flush. As for battery life I'm getting between 36-48 hours depending on the use. Keep in mind that I only use this battery when I'm on call and /or know I'll be more than 1 day without being able to charge because otherwise the stock battery lasts me through a normal day. That being said I'm gonna try t out during a normal day to see how long it goes, heck I may even like it so much that I may ditch the stock batt:D!!!

Edit: I bought it from ebay from the link posted in the OP!!
    PICS

Photos Attached :)
    But your rom is based on a Samsung firmware. It will not work.

The battery works now... the only problem is.. once the phone is switched off.. the charging symbol keeps flickering.. otherwise it works.. and when the phone is on.. it charges problem.. dont no how to fix it though.. :confused:

Sent from my SGH-I777

ROM - ShoStock 3 v2.5.6
    Kernel - AJK v1.25-S