[Mar. 16, 2013][MAGLDR/SD][NativeSD] NexusHD2-ICS-4.0.4-CM9-HWA V2.9a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

2alive

Jan 17, 2008
already reboot many times but still no go. still get 65mah on stand by. thanks for help though.

Yup,also did that. off everything and haret. maybe the problem is my sd card. sandisk class 4. but i doubt it because i tried Dorimax build GB and managed to get 3mah on stand by. so,i thought i would give a go to this build but battery drain is too high.. back to dorimax at the moment. btw,nice build keep up the good work tytung.

thanks for reply Alex.

Any fix for battery drain?

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: bluebluelongsky

blackhumor918

Sep 28, 2007
Iv got 4-7mah on stand-by. Try to reboot few times

are you using setcpu to get 4-7mah on standby based on a NativeSD installation (fly mode?)? if yes, how you config setup? could you share with us?

otherwise, hardly to get such low battery consumption on my Sandisk Class6 16G tf card for 2 days testing.

I've been using the ACA-SD for a long while on this tf card and get around min. 6-8mah on daily using standby (means turn everything on instead of fly mode) with SetCPU.

Thanks.

Last edited:

2alive

Jan 17, 2008
None so far for me. What class of sdcard you've been using? have you tried setcpu? also a workaround by off everything then reboot?

Using Samsung 16GB class10 and no drain whit other ROMs like tytung nexus JB with same settings. So it has to be ROM related.

MSephiroth

Dec 20, 2009
Using Samsung 16GB class10 and no drain whit other ROMs like tytung nexus JB with same settings. So it has to be ROM related.

Try to check with betterbatterystats if you have wakelocks... I had 2: AudioOut_1 (even disabling touch sounds and lockscreen sound) and the other ne with Tapatalk (first time i see something like that :silly:). I solved uninstalling dps manager and tapatalk of course!

enigma1nz

The battery drain in the latest version is hugher than anything I had before. I have no battery left after a few hours with NO USAGE. The phone is in my bag while I work, nothing is on, the screen is off, all I get in total is maybe 2-3 hours of actual usage with the rest being used on god knows what. All I do all day is charge my battery.

blackhumor918

Sep 28, 2007
The battery drain in the latest version is hugher than anything I had before. I have no battery left after a few hours with NO USAGE. The phone is in my bag while I work, nothing is on, the screen is off, all I get in total is maybe 2-3 hours of actual usage with the rest being used on god knows what. All I do all day is charge my battery.

I'm on SD Android for almost 2 years of daily use, previously the ACA SD build, now get to this build with latest new NativeSD type in place, I wanna Garmin, Chrome but only Android V4 up is available for those.

The issues like batter drain, SOD etc. puzzled the users here for most of the SD versions.Thus the setcpu is one kind of a MUST app that you have to install on your HD2 if playing on the SD version.

I've been trying use this NativeSD version for 2 days, after restore the the setcpu configurations with everything active (e.g. Wifi, Data Connections, Sync, GPS, but BT is inactive), I got the battery consumption lowest around 5~9ma when standby of screen-off, and no SOD experience by now. You could survive HD2 one daily use with this level battery consumption.

You should check your microSDHC card, it's preferred to be a class6/class10 and hopefully Sandisk card. (the feedback of past 2 years of SD Android for HD2 users here, it's less of unknown issues.)

I had MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition 7.1 create a FAT32 primary partition with 32KB cluster size (13GB), then an EXT4 primary partition with default cluster size (2GB) on my Sandisk class6 16G card. Then on NAND WM6.5 to run 4EXTRecovery and install this build. It's done, easy and quick. The NativeSD Recovery v1.0 offered in 1st post is also a great tool to manage the roms, like the ghost to PC windows.

I use setcpu version 2.2.4, set 245~998 for normal and a profile - 245~245 for screen-off, "Interactive". You can try it.

Hoepfully it helps. Anyway, thanks tytung for his great job to make HD2 alive and hot.

Last edited:

enigma1nz

I'm on SD Android for almost 2 years of daily use, previously the ACA SD build, now get to this build with latest new NativeSD type in place, I wanna Garmin, Chrome but only Android V4 up is available for those.

The issues like batter drain, SOD etc. puzzled the users here for most of the SD versions.Thus the setcpu is one kind of a MUST app that you have to install on your HD2 if playing on the SD version.

I've been trying use this NativeSD version for 2 days, after restore the the setcpu configurations with everything active (e.g. Wifi, Data Connections, Sync, GPS, but BT is inactive), I got the battery consumption lowest around 5~9ma when standby of screen-off, and no SOD experience by now. You could survive HD2 one daily use with this level battery consumption.

You should check your microSDHC card, it's preferred to be a class6/class10 and hopefully Sandisk card. (the feedback of past 2 years of SD Android for HD2 users here, it's less of unknown issues.)

I had MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition 7.1 create a FAT32 primary partition with 32KB cluster size (13GB), then an EXT4 primary partition with default cluster size (2GB) on my Sandisk class6 16G card. Then on NAND WM6.5 to run 4EXTRecovery and install this build. It's done, easy and quick. The NativeSD Recovery v1.0 offered in 1st post is also a great tool to manage the roms, like the ghost to PC windows.

I use setcpu version 2.2.4, set 245~998 for normal and a profile - 245~245 for screen-off, "Interactive". You can try it.

Hoepfully it helps. Anyway, thanks tytung for his great job to make HD2 alive and hot.

Heh, never assume you know the things others don't. All of the above taken care of, been there, done that, etc - the battery drains faster than any ROM I used before and that's the end of that. Big fan of Tytung's ROMs since a while back, so reverting to the previous version as I had no problems and see no advantages with the latest one.

tfouto

Jun 12, 2007
Heh, never assume you know the things others don't. All of the above taken care of, been there, done that, etc - the battery drains faster than any ROM I used before and that's the end of that. Big fan of Tytung's ROMs since a while back, so reverting to the previous version as I had no problems and see no advantages with the latest one.

where can i find v2.7?

blackhumor918

Sep 28, 2007

I typed a little in order to share the fact with this latest V2.8 build users that the battery consumption is not such badly as your feedback if put on proper care/setup with setcpu on my HD2 for several days testing. It's also nothing to do with how much you knew or not and how much a Big fan you are. I'm not interesting to assume anything either. Just the fact. Here we feedback, discuss, test and share with each other, right?

I attached the snaps of 1-min batter log by currentwidget for reference. The other one is the log of also this build but NAND version on T-Mobile USA HD2 (LEO 1024). Both are with WIFI, Data Connection, GPS, Sync for google account and exchange emails... active, only BT is inactive. (That's standby and screen-off level)

Obviously NAND version has advantage on battery consumption when standby although might disadvantage on card speed/performance.But as EU/International HD2 (LEO 512) and wanna WM6.5 NAND, no other options.

BTW, i changed the dpi to 200 by open /system/build.prop and edit "ro.sf.lcd_density=200". Looks pretty fit and no problem by now.

6641812020121129181813056.png
6641812020121129181828082.png
664181202012112918190105.png

Last edited:
Reactions: eyadk

patrol_gr

Jun 18, 2009
cann't make iGO to start...

I have another problem, regarding version 2.8: i can not start iGO Primo, due to the screen resolution. I guess that the navigation barr at the buttom of the screen, is the issue. How can I remove it, as the "system" manu does not have any option for disable?

Regards.

Please go to the NAND thread for more information.

Downloads:
  • The latest NativeSD ROM:
    download.ico
    NexusHD2-ICS-CM9-HWA_V2.8.zip (A new package for both NAND and NativeSD.)
    Installation:
    • Create an Ext4 partition right after the FAT32 partition in the SD card.
    • Enter CWM. I use CWM Recovery v5.0.2.6.
    • Flash this ROM via CWM.
    • For more info, please visit NativeSD DEV thread.
  • Stop maintenance.
    The latest SD build:
    download.ico
    NexusHD2-ICS-CM9-HWA-SD_v2.7.7z (A new modified initrd.gz based on boonbing's initrd.gz is included.)
    Installation: (from ankuch's thread)
    • Extract content 7z to ics folder on root sd-card;
    • Configure MAGLDR to boot from /ics folder;
    • First boot about 3 minutes on class 10 sd card.
    • Read FAQ
    Add-on: (from ankuch's thread)
    • bcold.jar (fix FC in Backup to Gmail 0.4.4 maybe another applications);
    Special thanks ankuch and securecrt, and boonbing for the SD version of initrd.gz.

JediAndrey

Oct 15, 2011
Sofia
I have installed it successfully and it ran smoothly and flawlessly, but when I replaced the battery the ROM did not boot. I will try with the previous version and I hope that this problem will disappear.

Pezza4u

Jan 15, 2010
I installed this ROM last night and it seems fine so far apart from a 3G/data problem. At home it connected ok but in work it's not or if it is it's only for a minute or so and then it loses it. I was having this issue with the last ROM, which is why I changed it but the previous 2 ROMs I tried were fine. Data works fine on Windows 6.5 so I think it's an issue with the ROM, any ideas?

Edit - Been playing around with it and if I search for available networks in the settings then chose to automatically select it, when the signal comes back on the data is working (shows the 3G/H symbol) for about 10 seconds and then I get the messages I've lost data roaming. Maybe that will give someone a clue as to what's causing it.

Last edited:

winsent1

Mar 25, 2013
IRAN
www.gfxparadise.com
First, thank you for this great and stable ROM.
I would have done all the steps correctly, steps such as partitioning, task 29, mgldr,...
When I click on BOOT AD SD, the installation process begins and after 5 seconds, HTC's green logo appears and installation stops.
What caused this?

Last edited:

adnguyen

Feb 6, 2010
DREUX
HI ALL,

I'm testing this ROM and found it's sometime a bit laggy. I am also faced to a strange bug : it happens three or four time that when the phone rings, I push the OK phone button to catch the call but nothing happen : a windows appears some seconds after saying that the phone app stop working, close the app or wait ???

I did pull out the battery and reboot the phone. Did some one have this bug ? How to fix ?? Do you thing that the newer version of the ROM could be better ?

Thanks.

NYSEAN1

Oct 9, 2010
This is the best ICS!!!

This the smoothest ICS (v2.9a) ever!!! Using it as my primary rom and no issues whatsoever!!! Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Reactions: marimbo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please go to the NAND thread for more information.

Downloads:
    • The latest NativeSD ROM:
      download.ico
      Mod edit: Link removed

Installation:
    • Stop maintenance.
      The latest SD build:
      download.ico
      Mod edit: Link removed

Installation: (from ankuch's thread)
      • Extract content 7z to ics folder on root sd-card;
      • Configure MAGLDR to boot from /ics folder;
      • First boot about 3 minutes on class 10 sd card.
      • Read FAQ
      Add-on: (from ankuch's thread)
      • bcold.jar (fix FC in Backup to Gmail 0.4.4 maybe another applications);
      Special thanks ankuch and securecrt, and boonbing for the SD version of initrd.gz.
    Download NexusHD2-ICS-CM9-HWA_V2.7_NativeSD.zip (A new package for both NAND and NativeSD)

Credits:
    # NativeSD method by Securecrt
    # Dual Installer by Xylograph

Installation:

I only tried NativeSD with MAGLDR.
    If you are using cLK or WM(haret.exe), please share if it works or not.
    NexusHD2-ICS-4.0.3-CM9-SD V1.2

Working initrd with working camera:)

Works with magldr and Haret:)
    download.ico
    NexusHD2-ICS-CM9-HWA-SD_v2.4.7z.
    File initrd.gz was changed. Please test if it works or not.
    ics tytung softkeys with revolution batt%

Hi people, this is my personal softkey and batt%,it has full size top bar and softkey:)You will need to use ics keyboard from below to stop overlapping:)Also in setting/launcher/homescreen untick serch bar and tick resize any widget:)

This is the softkey layout *Search - ^Home - +Menu - <Back - Power*

you can change softkey style and layout from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1407003

Thank to Tytung,gogodu5sU and me

Please give feedback:)

Unzip,copy root inside ICS folder and reboot

P.S. dont forget to use ics keyboard apk below

Only tested on V1.3