Clock widgets stop working on ICS

Search This thread

rec71

Oct 16, 2011
Calne
I have been seeing an issue on my Arc S where, after playing something quite memory intensive (such as Draw Something). when I return to the home screen my clock widget is not showing the correct time (see screen shot - note the time in the top-left is different to the widget). It's driving me nuts. Any ideas? Here's what I know:

1. I have seen this on GB before back when I first got my Arc S in December last year. Again when using a lot of memory (Maps for example). So it isn't necessarily a new issue.
  2. It is much worse since the official release of ICS. I don't remember if this happened on the beta but it's possible I wasn't using my phone to play as many games.
  3. It affects all the clock widgets I've tried. I have tried the supplied analogue clocks, digital clocks and the HTC Sense 4 clock pictured.
  4. Sometimes if I leave the screen on the clock will sort itself out.
  5. Sometimes it stays like this for good until the widget is deleted and re-added.
  6. Sometimes locking the screen for a little while will fix it.
  7. A full reinstall doesn't fix this.
  8. I am now on 4.0.4 (clean install last night) and the issue persists.
  9. I am running the stock ICS kernel with CWM (from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1591279)
  10. I know of one other user having this issue (and he's on Arconium)

I think this is probably an issue with the Sony Launcher but any suggestions are welcome because it's most annoying that I can't even rely on my clock widget to tell the right time!

I might try the Nexus launcher and see if the problem persists.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-05-17-19-42-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-05-17-19-42-54.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 174

rec71

Oct 16, 2011
Calne
So I tried the stock ICS launcher (Launcher2) and the same problem exists.

Perhaps this is a kernel problem.

zangetsu2188

Nov 28, 2010
Quezon City
So I tried the stock ICS launcher (Launcher2) and the same problem exists.

Perhaps this is a kernel problem.

Your clock widget gets killed due to out of memory when you run heavy applications . See "Running Services" at Settings>Applications. You will notice that the widget is 'restarting'.

Sent from my LT15i using XDA

Last edited:

rec71

Oct 16, 2011
Calne
So why doesn't it restart properly? Seems odd. Even if the launcher reloads completely the clock stays "stuck".

Guess I'll have to live with it.

^eLipS#

Jan 28, 2012
Novi Sad
This also happened to me while I was on Gingerbread, and I was unable to find a solution...

P.S. I accidentally pressed thanks button on your last post rec71, LOL :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I could give SuperCharger a go and try to make the clock widget HTK...