Search This thread

globatron

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 15, 2009
All over the place
Instructions and Downloads:

http://unlimited.io/juopunutbear.htm

Support:

Support for our tools is via IRC channel #unlimited on freenode ONLY. If you do not have an IRC client you can use this link.

We DO NOT provide support, instructions, or downloads via XDA. Please see our website: http://unlimited.io

Using how-to guides, "kits" and using other instructions on XDA to S-OFF your device is not recommended and will not be supported by Team Unlimited. If you want the best experience and results - go direct to the source. Dealing with support issues through the forums is inefficient and posts may get lost in long support threads, of which we would have too many to actively monitor. We have therefore decided that all support should be through our IRC channel. This will allow us to help you in real-time and through the whole process.

**You may not redistribute nor link directly to any of our tools without the expressed consent of Team Unlimited. We DO NOT authorize any dev use of our tools within other kits or tools.**

Last edited:

AngryB

Feb 22, 2012
weeee!!! Finaly...thanks dude :)

p.s... Do I put the wire on ''HERE1'' or ''HERE2'' marked on my picture below? because ''HERE1'' is screw....not hole.

image host

Last edited:

Gho57

Dec 12, 2008
picard-facepalm.jpg

Last edited:

M9x3mos

May 12, 2008
Around
COOL beans.
Was waiting for this for a sensation and a Amaze.
Does anyone know by chance if this is reversible back to normal bootloader then?
To AngryB
Is the Here2 and the hole closest the the memory card.

There stands I need to Be rooted (have superuser and/or an unsecured boot image installed) ... how shall this works without S-OFF ? :confused:

And a unlocked bootloader by htcDEV .. really needed ?

If it requires root, how did you guys manage it ? :confused:
How can I have root with S-on?

AwsmStar

Mar 15, 2012
Tried it, but now my phone won't boot and just keeps coming up with the Juopunutbear splash. Great.

Anyone?

plohoi

Dec 30, 2010
Orenburg
Please read instructions cearfuly. Answers are there. Quote :
Be unlocked using the HTCdev bootloader unlock
Be rooted (have superuser and/or an unsecured boot image installed)
Have a spare microSD card, or to have backed up all contents of your SDcard, the card will be wiped
Have fastboot and adb drivers installed and working (windows)
Have usb debugging enabled
Have a legth of insulated wire of sufficient length to join the contact points for your device. See images and videos for device specific information.
And good luck to all of us:)

tuanchuoi01

Feb 29, 2012
Woa........., It's amazing.

I have to try this and report back :)
Many thanks, I love xda dev.:D

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

I have questions :
1. I am staying ICS 4.0.3 with H.Boot 1.27.0000, which dowload link I will follow :
WINDOWS (GINGERBREAD)
or WINDOWS (ICS)
Because when check
Windows (ICS) --> zip folder jb_hboot.zip/android-info.txt I can not found my original CID_621 with modelid 5813001 ?
But Windows (GB) --> It have my cid_621 and modelid 5813001 on android-info.txt
Please explain ?

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
Woa........., It's amazing.

I have to try this and report back :)
Many thanks, I love xda dev.:D

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

I have questions :
1. I am staying ICS 4.0.3 with H.Boot 1.27.0000, which dowload link I will follow :
WINDOWS (GINGERBREAD)
or WINDOWS (ICS)
Because when check
Windows (ICS) --> zip folder jb_hboot.zip/android-info.txt I can not found my original CID_621 with modelid 5813001 ?
But Windows (GB) --> It have my cid_621 and modelid 5813001 on android-info.txt
Please explain ?

I would say you need to use the ICS download case Hboot 1.27.0000 comes with the official ICS update.

Reactions: tuanchuoi01

mücke007

Feb 23, 2009
Lösau
What am I doing wrong?

======== ControlBear version 0.1 for JuopunutBear S-OFF ==========
Starting up......
Waiting device
Making room for beer......
Loading sixpacks on sdcard......
Loaded......
Do not remove sdcard from phone
Do wire-trick now!! Look instructions at web

Waiting device....
Found device... Please wait...
Getting into bar.....
Raising Glass
SUCCESS - Taking a sip.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Buddies and Beer
Checking alcohol level......
Let's take one more......
S-OFF Failed
Errorcode: 66732337
ErrorMsg: Still sober
Quit....
Press ENTER to exit.....

Reactions: JBoyR

plohoi

Dec 30, 2010
Orenburg
What am I doing wrong?

from unlimited.io
If you see the following message from ControlBear after doing the wire trick:

ErrorMsg: Still sober.
This means that you have been unsuccessful in implementing the wire-trick. Run ControlBear again.
The usual casue for this is that you failed to perform 2 clean contacts or mistimed the wire trick.

maybe you should try again?

P.S. I'm S-OFF now:D
proof.jpg

Last edited:

mücke007

Feb 23, 2009
Lösau
I am now S=off.:D

Thank Juopunutbear Dev Team !

======== ControlBear version 0.1 for JuopunutBear S-OFF ==========
Starting up......
Making room for beer......
Loading sixpacks on sdcard......
Loaded......

Waiting device....
Getting into bar.....
Raising Glass
SUCCESS - Taking a sip.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Buddies and Beer
Checking alcohol level......
Seems to be just right.....
Let's take one more......
Aaaah, nice sunny day!!
Rebooting.......
Waiting device....
Rebooting bootloader.......
Waiting device....
Fastboot detected
JuopunutBear S-OFF success
Do you want to install JuopunutBear modified hboot? (y/n)
y
Installing JuopunutBear hboot.....
Waiting.....
Flashing.......
Rebooting......
JuopunutBear hboot installed
Press ENTER to exit.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions and Downloads:

http://unlimited.io/juopunutbear.htm

Support:

Support for our tools is via IRC channel #unlimited on freenode ONLY. If you do not have an IRC client you can use this link.

We DO NOT provide support, instructions, or downloads via XDA. Please see our website: http://unlimited.io

Using how-to guides, "kits" and using other instructions on XDA to S-OFF your device is not recommended and will not be supported by Team Unlimited. If you want the best experience and results - go direct to the source. Dealing with support issues through the forums is inefficient and posts may get lost in long support threads, of which we would have too many to actively monitor. We have therefore decided that all support should be through our IRC channel. This will allow us to help you in real-time and through the whole process.

**You may not redistribute nor link directly to any of our tools without the expressed consent of Team Unlimited. We DO NOT authorize any dev use of our tools within other kits or tools.**
    People, FFS, 90% of the questions you ask are ALREADY answered in this thread. I've read 12 pages in less than 5 minutes, and i don't even need it as i'm s-off. Can't you? You are just about to do something which can (and will if you **** it up) potentially brick your device.

Read 12 pages. Only 12 pages!!!!! After you read them and don't find an answer, then ask. And even then, pop in to HELP THREAD (check my sig) first, see if people there can help you. Keep the development thread clean for more important things than asking why hboot says LOCKED.

If you carry on I will pester mods to get a BIG broom out and clean this thread as much as needed.

Thank you.
    It would help if someone would put up.a guide on how to do it in general forum.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium
    Just created one, please check it out :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25202517
    thanks for answering dude! But do i need to use the HTCDev first? Before i use this wire metod?

Yes you need to be HTC Dev unlocked first before you can use this method of S-off. Globatron really needs to come back and edit the OP some with some more info on this S-off method. I mean as anyone like myself that has fully read this thread or the info on the Unlimited.io website pretty much should be aware of all the requirements and so forth. But by me reading this thread and knowing XDA, not all are going to do as I and others have and read everything but just jump in and then cry for help when it goes bad.