The Official RUU of M8 for Windows Phone (Verizon Edition)

Search This thread

sea-monsters

Sep 26, 2010
The file name is PDM_W8_WL_BLUE_00_VERIZON WWE_1.06.605.02_Radio_1.00.50.0806_release.zip. It actually comes from a Chinese forum, the original link is here.:laugh:

It was claimed to be official RUU. And the download link is here. Password of the link is w8xm, which is needed before showing the file. It's a cloud storage link from China. I don't know if it can be downloaded outside China. May need VPN?:confused:

Anyway, hope it could help to port WP to the Android version M8.;)

mwang

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 2, 2005
GB
meettomy.site
The file name is PDM_W8_WL_BLUE_00_VERIZON WWE_1.06.605.02_Radio_1.00.50.0806_release.zip. It actually comes from a Chinese forum, the original link is here.:laugh:

It was claimed to be official RUU. And the download link is here. Password of the link is w8xm, which is needed before showing the file. It's a cloud storage link from China. I don't know if it can be downloaded outside China. May need VPN?:confused:

reload to Download PDM_W8_WL_BLUE_00_VERIZON WWE_1.06.605.02_Radio_1.00.50.0806_release.zip from FileFactory.com

need time to take look :laugh:

release from Chinese forum at http://bbs.gfan.com/android-7623915-1-1.html

Last edited:

NJGSII

Nov 15, 2011
Howell, NJ
Well to flash any RUU that's not with what came with the phone, you would need to be s-off and have supercid. The file in question is in zip form, it wouldn't run the same way as one that's in exe form.

You would have to flash that type of file in rebootRUU mode in fast boot.

0D0A

May 20, 2010
RUU/NBH Contents

I don't usually dig this deep on roms so I am out of my typical bubble. That said, I am a developer, so this is the kind of thing I do every day.

I downloaded and extracted the RUU file. It contains an *.nbh file and a *.crc file.

I tried NBHExtract (from here), and it failed with an invalid format error.

As did NBHImageTool (from here).

I also found this link about the binary format of NBH files, and looking at it with a hex editor I don't think the described format matches the file contents.

On the other hand, I do see a reference to VZW__001 in the top of the file, as well as a WWE

These tools seem to be from an older generation of hardware. Perhaps the NBH format has been updated, or perhaps these are protected via encryption in some way.

Anyway, that's as far as I got into looking at this file.

---------- Post added 3rd September 2014 at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was 2nd September 2014 at 11:56 PM ----------

I also noticed that the NBH file has what appears to be a model number in the header:

06.605.02 0P6B21000

Searching 0P6B21000, got me to this Chinese/(Japanese? idk) blog page:

blogofmobile-com/article/19906

and on the blog page, you can clearly see in the wifi cert image that 0P6B21000 is the model number of the HTC Product HTC6995LVW, which the the M8...

So, that's some kind of legitimacy.

and then I found this post about that number being used as the codename for the global version of the M8:

www-thewincentral-com/2014/08/19/global-version-of-htc-w8-htc-m8-windows-may-have-been-spotted-in-adduplex-database/

Since I cant post external links yet, I bet you can see where those dashes should look a lot more like dots.

0D0A

May 20, 2010
Tried to flash...

I locked my bootloader and tried to flash this puppy... Why not.

No joy though:

Code:
C:\Temp\adb>adb reboot bootloader

C:\Temp\adb>fastboot oem rebootRUU
(bootloader) Start Verify: 0
OKAY [  0.021s]
finished. total time: 0.022s

C:\Temp\adb>fastboot devices
HT438SF00530    fastboot

C:\Temp\adb>fastboot flash zip RUU.zip
target reported max download size of 1830711296 bytes
sending 'zip' (850337 KB)...
OKAY [ 24.645s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) zip header checking...
(bootloader) zip info parsing...
FAILED (remote: 24 parsing android-info fail)
finished. total time: 25.064s

android-info fail... what is that.

Anyway, a fastboot reboot got me back to android. No harm, no foul.

Last edited:

squabbi

Jul 20, 2012
Sydney
I locked my bootloader and tried to flash this puppy... Why not.

No joy though:

Code:
C:\Temp\adb>adb reboot bootloader

C:\Temp\adb>fastboot oem rebootRUU
(bootloader) Start Verify: 0
OKAY [  0.021s]
finished. total time: 0.022s

C:\Temp\adb>fastboot devices
HT438SF00530    fastboot

OKAY [ 24.645s]
writing 'zip'...
FAILED (remote: 24 parsing android-info fail)
finished. total time: 25.064s

android-info fail... what is that.

Anyway, a fastboot reboot got me back to android. No harm, no fowl.
Its reading the android info text file inside the ruu. If you are s-off you can change the model id and cid even, to your current cid and mid.

Hope this helps! :)

Reactions: 0D0A

0D0A

May 20, 2010
Its reading the android info text file inside the ruu. If you are s-off you can change the model id and cid even, to your current cid and mid.

Hope this helps! :)

Well what do you know, my MID is
Code:
C:\Temp\adb>fastboot getvar mid
mid: 0P6B20000
finished. total time: 0.004s

and the rom clearly wants it to be 21000...

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

Code:
mid: 0P6B21000
finished. total time: 0.003s

OKAY [ 24.634s]
writing 'zip'...
FAILED (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time: 24.643s

I locked my bootloader, perhaps I shouldn't have.

squabbi

Jul 20, 2012
Sydney
Well what do you know, my MID is
Code:
mid: 0P6B20000
finished. total time: 0.004s

and the rom clearly wants it to be 21000...

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

Code:
mid: 0P6B21000
finished. total time: 0.003s

OKAY [ 24.634s]
writing 'zip'...
FAILED (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time: 24.643s

I locked my bootloader, perhaps I shouldn't have.

Yeah! Haha. As long as you still have S-Off you should be good. But if you dont want to go through the HTCDev unlock method you can do the adb method by scotty1223, you'll just need root for that. (and s-off) ;)

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
No Android Fanboys Please !!!
I don't usually dig this deep on roms so I am out of my typical bubble. That said, I am a developer, so this is the kind of thing I do every day.

I downloaded and extracted the RUU file. It contains an *.nbh file and a *.crc file.

I also found this link about the binary format of NBH files, and looking at it with a hex editor I don't think the described format matches the file contents.

On the other hand, I do see a reference to VZW__001 in the top of the file, as well as a WWE

These tools seem to be from an older generation of hardware. Perhaps the NBH format has been updated, or perhaps these are protected via encryption in some way.

---------- Post added 3rd September 2014 at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was 2nd September 2014 at 11:56 PM ----------

I also noticed that the NBH file has what appears to be a model number in the header:

06.605.02 0P6B21000

and on the blog page, you can clearly see in the wifi cert image that 0P6B21000 is the model number of the HTC Product HTC6995LVW, which the the M8...

and then I found this post about that number being used as the codename for the global version of the M8:

www-thewincentral-com/2014/08/19/global-version-of-htc-w8-htc-m8-windows-may-have-been-spotted-in-adduplex-database/

Since I cant post external links yet, I bet you can see where those dashes should look a lot more like dots.

no tools on xda will help , the rom is encrypted , and the decrypt key should be in the phone :D

Oditius

Jun 30, 2007
Chicago
So flashing that file failed. :crying: I was going to try it today and see. Oh well, guess that saves me the time. Spent a while yesterday getting it reunlocked (Tried installing drivers that I downloaded off an instructional video on youtube. Should have known it was trouble when it said "not for this computer" when I installed it.) But my computer did recognize it, but adb didn't see it. So I d/l the one on HTC and all went well. So my spare M8 is ready to try something else that turns up. :D

0D0A

May 20, 2010
I tried many things. I even flashed back to stock, and then tried to re-flash the rom.

I can't get past this message:

Code:
OKAY [ 23.429s]
writing 'zip'...
[B]FAILED (remote: 24 parsing android-info fail)[/B]
finished. total time: 23.614s

After looking at the NBH longer in a hex editor, there are several sections of readable strings, so I don't believe the file is encrypted after all. If it is, only some sections/blocks of it are.

For the record I tried combinations of Locked and Unlocked bootloader, regular CID and Super CID.

I wonder if the Windows device has the same CID as the android device. Perhaps it is different and we need to set it to something new.

Now I am starting to wonder if the windows system can be "flashed" with the android bootloader.

squabbi

Jul 20, 2012
Sydney
I tried many things. I even flashed back to stock, and then tried to re-flash the rom.

I can't get past this message:

Code:
OKAY [ 23.429s]
writing 'zip'...
[B]FAILED (remote: 24 parsing android-info fail)[/B]
finished. total time: 23.614s

After looking at the NBH longer in a hex editor, there are several sections of readable strings, so I don't believe the file is encrypted after all. If it is, only some sections/blocks of it are.

For the record I tried combinations of Locked and Unlocked bootloader, regular CID and Super CID.

I wonder if the Windows device has the same CID as the android device. Perhaps it is different and we need to set it to something new.

Now I am starting to wonder if the windows system can be "flashed" with the android bootloader.
Have you tried changing your mid and cid to suit the zip?

compu829

Nov 5, 2006
From what I can see, you need to make a proper file called "android-info" and put it in the zip file. If it is expecting it in the nbh itself, you need to modify the name to whatever the equivalent of "Android-info" is. Happy flashing! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RUU/NBH Contents

06.605.02 0P6B21000

it would be actually way better if someone with a real m8 for windows try to flash it , to see if that will actually works.
    if that works then we know the nbh is "good" then you could test more.

I have one, happy to do what I can to try and help, short of bricking the phone. That said, very rudimentary knowledge of development, etc so you're going to need to do some instructing on what to do / try. Have a Microsoft dev account, so can easily dev unlock / sideload apps and possibly extract some files for you (there is a webserver app I sideloaded last year on my 928 to do some digging in the registry, so maybe that comes in handy). If there is any way I can extract the UEFI file from the phone I will try.

I also have a rooted / s-off Verizon M7 running one of the Google Play Edition mimicking ROMS but I'd love to see Windows ported to it. Don't use it a ton, so willing to potentially brick it in the pursuit of progress. Let me know if I can be of help, PM is probably better but will try to respond in the forum as well.

I've attached a few pictures in case it might be helpful.
    1. Picture of result of holding Power + Volume Down through the restart (may have hit volume down at bootloader)
    2. Picture of result of Power + Volume Down to restart to Bootloader, then Volume Up
    3. Screenshot of dialing ##634# in the Dialer - shows options for Diagnostic Mode and
    4. Screenshot of dialing ##778# in the Dialer - shows
    problem is that Windows doesnt have a flash option and we don't have the full .exe ruu flasher from htc

you could always try this :)
    its the flasher that is used on a wp 8 phone ( x8 I think)

reload to Download PDM_W8_WL_BLUE_00_VERIZON WWE_1.06.605.02_Radio_1.00.50.0806_release.zip from FileFactory.com

need time to take look :laugh:

release from Chinese forum at http://bbs.gfan.com/android-7623915-1-1.html