Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160 Overclocking

Search This thread

yod123

Dec 12, 2009
Minsk
www.4pda.ru
So, I have time, phone, ubuntu 12.04, and a head, but no skills in android rom development. Some years ago I builded some roms for LG GM750 (Windows Mobile), so that's only I can for now :D

Firstly, i'd like overclock my SGA2. I know that I need to do something with a kernel? But what? Who can explane & give links? I know, antsm already tryed to overclock this phone, but no success. SetCpu is shownig right freq, but no any result in antutu and other benchmarks, so it isn't working. Any help is much appriciated

Last edited:

yod123

Dec 12, 2009
Minsk
www.4pda.ru
OK. I manged to compile kernel. got zImage and .ko modules. Now, I need stock zImage. And I have no idea how to get it... Help, please! This is what I have in official firmware!

hary232

Dec 14, 2010
we need to wait from samsung officially. would someone e-mail them to release source code?
EDIT

AVAILABLE at opensource.samsung.com search for 8160 :)

Last edited:

jeev_one

Aug 1, 2012
Hey friends did anybody get to overclock now?

I'm honestly not fond of overclock, but if I can Undervolt and improve the already great battery life, that's fantastic

ms28leo

Nov 2, 2011
Lahore
So, I have time, phone, ubuntu 12.04, and a head, but no skills in android rom development. Some years ago I builded some roms for LG GM750 (Windows Mobile), so that's only I can for now :D

Firstly, i'd like overclock my SGA2. I know that I need to do something with a kernel? But what? Who can explane & give links? I know, antsm already tryed to overclock this phone, but no success. SetCpu is shownig right freq, but no any result in antutu and other benchmarks, so it isn't working. Any help is much appriciated

Is that All?:rolleyes:

SatriaRangga

Jan 4, 2014
Setcpu SGA II

Hey guys i need help, every time I set minimum frequency to 800 Mhz it always change to 200 Mhz I'm using setcpu, no frills Cup, even the performance In settings (I'm using cyanogenmod 11 by maclaw) is that what call overclocking ? I now SGA II must have kernel to overclocking but as far I now, overclocking is set the frequency beyond it should be right? And what I'm doing is just set minimal frequency to 800 Mhz

soko3

Feb 21, 2014
Novi Sad
Hey guys i need help, every time I set minimum frequency to 800 Mhz it always change to 200 Mhz I'm using setcpu, no frills Cup, even the performance In settings (I'm using cyanogenmod 11 by maclaw) is that what call overclocking ? I now SGA II must have kernel to overclocking but as far I now, overclocking is set the frequency beyond it should be right? And what I'm doing is just set minimal frequency to 800 Mhz

have you ever heard for cpu governors? go to settings>performance>processor and choose governor you like. and no need for set cp, no frills cpu etc..

setting minimum frequency to 800 isn't overclocking. that's the good way to kill your phone... processor isn't made to work at max freq all time. and even if it survive, your battery life will be around 3-4 hours...

overclocking is setting max freq over 800 mhz...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.