AOSP Browser

Search This thread

440hsp

Jun 9, 2011
Sorry for the brevity. I am using my father's cursed iPhone.
You need root
You need a custom recovery
It is not necessary to be on 4.2.1

Good Luck!!!

Thank you for the advice. Already unlocked,rooted with twrp, but decided to try ocean browser first and it FLIES compared to chrome. Trying to fix another issue I found this morning with games shutting down completely before moving on to trying this browser which I'm sure is awesome!!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

omgi0wn

Jun 18, 2010
I cannot seem to get chrome sync working. When I enable it in my account settings it starts to sync and then days that it could not sync at this time. Any ideas as to why it isn't working?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

omgi0wn

Jun 18, 2010
Since I have had the aosp browser installed the chrome sync hasn't worked. It says it is currently experiencing problems and will be back shortly. I will try wiping dalvik to see if that fixes it. When I installed the aosp browser I had chrome disabled. Should I have left it enabled? Does the zip delete chrome when it installs the aosp browser and could that be messing it up?

Edit: Tried wiping the dalvik cache, it didn't work.

Last edited:

xetsog

Dec 27, 2012
As we discussed in PM, I too experience issues with syncing with the AOSP browser.

See the attached screenshot. The only thing that I've done with my Nexus 7 is root it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-26-22-36-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-26-22-36-17.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 232

lKBZl

Mar 23, 2012
Barcelona
Can you or anyone please share the latest aosp browser apk? I got an older one, I just need the browser.apk I guess, since I don't use the sync. All i did was replace the files in system/app (I added browser.apk and replaced the other 2 files). Thanks.

KestrelX

Nov 23, 2012
SOLUTION: BOOKMARK SYNC ISSUE

Fyi, for anyone who is having trouble getting sync working (sync is currently experiencing problems...), check to see whether you chose to encrypt your chrome bookmarks. The sync won't work if you did. If you go to google dashboard, find the chrome section, tell it to stop syncing, then go to chrome on your desktop, go to the menu, and sign in. This time when you get prompted about what you want to sync, leave it at default of encrypting passwords only. Fixed my aosp browser sync problem instantly.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

whitlecj

Jun 7, 2010
UPDATE WITH FIXES

Sorry for the wait but...
I have tested this Browser.apk and it seem that the JavaScript and FC issues have been fixed!!! Not 100% sure but my testing has led me to believe so!!!
Flash update included ;)
I will also upload the raw Browser.apk for those who would like to tinker with it on their own.

VERSIONS
Browser : 4.2.1-eng.d4rkn3ssys.20130125.014756
ChromeSync : 4.2.1-533553
Adobe Flash : 11.1.115.36

ENABLE CHROMESYNC
Instructions: Settings> Accounts> Google> (Select desired account)> Check Browser> ENJOY

Back button on quick controls is not working for me. Anyone else?

Syk69

May 5, 2012
I just copied the 4.2.1 browser.apk to system/apps, will I lose my bookmarks if I copy this 4.2.2 browser.apk to system/apps ?

R

RawBott Bigg

4.2.2 BROWSER

This ZIP contains only the 4.2.2 Browser. A 4.2.2 ChromeSync still hasn't been released and once it is I will update with a full ZIP. For now I recommend flashing this update over the previous ZIP I posted seeing as how many of you have already done that successfully. I guess the update is mainly for purists, lol.

1. I will link the most recent update so people don't have to flip through thread pages RIGHT HERE

2. After flashing that (If you haven't already) flash the 4.2.2-Browser-Update.zip (attached)

3. And here is a little treat from Adobe (Flash 11.1.115.47) RIGHT HERE

4. Enjoy

When I try to flash this it keeps failing.

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
It will be on any aosp build.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

sus4ntoh

Aug 13, 2012
Sorry, I am a noob here. Do you need to root your device before you can install it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SOLUTION: BOOKMARK SYNC ISSUE

Fyi, for anyone who is having trouble getting sync working (sync is currently experiencing problems...), check to see whether you chose to encrypt your chrome bookmarks. The sync won't work if you did. If you go to google dashboard, find the chrome section, tell it to stop syncing, then go to chrome on your desktop, go to the menu, and sign in. This time when you get prompted about what you want to sync, leave it at default of encrypting passwords only. Fixed my aosp browser sync problem instantly.

push it to /system/app?
    And put the right permissions :good: Then reboot.
    Will we be able to load the AOSP browser on the Nexus 10? Google still cant seem to get the lag out of chrome. It makes the tablet look laggy from the reviews I've seen.
    Will we be able to load the AOSP browser on the Nexus 10? Google still cant seem to get the lag out of chrome. It makes the tablet look laggy from the reviews I've seen.

AOSP browser will still be available, when 4.2 is released to AOSP, will probably require root to install it. Chrome for Android is not open-source yet, so Google has to also release a Chromium AOSP browser.
    HERE

:cool:
    This hack works for Nexus 7 with jb 4.2:
    http://www.theandroidsoul.com/nexus-7-hack-install-aosp-android-browser-n7/

And I am pretty sure that it will work in Nexus 10 as well....
    :p