OTA Update Today - Version 1.2-4349

Search This thread

willyc32

Mar 5, 2011
Updating my friend's stock Tigerdirect G-Tab via OTA updater to what it says is:

Version 1.2-4349

This came up after the 3588 update when I opened the updater again.

pr0cs

Jun 15, 2010
Calgary
interesting.
This is the first I've heard of this version. I wonder if it has all the changes from the previous (now pulled) version 3991

sci05

Jan 7, 2008
Anyone want to make a quick video of the new stock with the enhancements? :)

Sent from my GT-I9000M using XDA App

roebeet

Jul 15, 2010
Pennsylvania
Everyone be VERY careful, please

I didn't get this earlier today - but it's showing up now on my 3588 stock device.

Let us test it first, as this is their first 1.2 release and we want to check that bootloader. Thanks!

I know what I'm doing, tonight. :)

Btw, the release notes:

- Flash
- Dock support
- USB KB AND mouse support
- Spanish / French language
- Lockscreen

This is the one we've been waiting for.

StereoD

Mar 11, 2011
updated my gtablet: :):)

very good lock screen

Native Adobe Flash player browser

added Spanish and French

Energy saving screen

notwen

Mar 9, 2011
Cincinnati
I didn't get this earlier today - but it's showing up now on my 3588 stock device.

Let us test it first, as this is their first 1.2 release and we want to check that bootloader. Thanks!

Btw, the release notes:

- Flash
- Dock support
- Lockscreen

I know what I'll be doing; patiently awaiting your verdict on this update. =]

roebeet

Jul 15, 2010
Pennsylvania
Important, please read

I just went back to 2967, and I'm only seeing 3588 as an update.

I think 3588 is a gateway ROM, which is what I suspected last month. If you update your stock device to 4349, please do NOT flash to any mods, after that (at least not yet). Please let us test this, first - give me about an hour to run a few scenarios.

I will explain the reasons for this, as I do my tests to confirm what's going on.

EDIT: 2967 stock to 4349 stock causes a soft-brick. I think we have the same bootloader issue. Still running tests.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Primeone64

Feb 3, 2011
Updateing now. Wonder how much this will be like two tap x?

roebeet: Love your work man.

This is my first post ever and I just wanted to say thanks to all the Dev's out there.

Made some spelling mistakes and couldn't edit this post for five min.

Last edited:

rbansal2

Mar 24, 2011
hmm for some reason i can boot after i use nvflash to go to stock...its stuck on the tnt screen...any ideas how to get past that??? I am coming from the Vegan GB RC1 rom

agentstatic

Apr 5, 2011
Its not bad, my only issue at the moment is long holding on the desktop and trying to change the wallpaper gives me an error. The on screen keyboard is definitely faster though.

sakanagai

Mar 22, 2011
I never got much chance to play with the previous builds, so I can't give comparisons. I had an issue where everything came to a halt. I had to to a hard shutdown. When it rebooted, I had to reinstall everything I downloaded from the Amazon Appstore. Seems to be working fine now.

butchconner

Nov 26, 2010
Northwest Louisiana
rbansal2,

It takes a long time to get past the Tnt screen. If being patient doesn't work, you will need to load or flash CWM and go in and do the repartition, wipe dalvic cache, fix permissions, wipe cache, wipe/reset factory data routine to clean the tablet up.

Then reflash stock again and see if you don't get a usable base to OTA up to 3588.

Rev

P. S. -- This was a quik note so if you don't remember, ask me.

notsob2002

Feb 13, 2011
Seems good to me! Of course I like the stock tnt setup
I didn't play with custom roms because they looked like my tab was a giant phone most even had a phone icon.

atakapa

Nov 29, 2010
Bradford's Ordinary
hmm for some reason i can boot after i use nvflash to go to stock...its stuck on the tnt screen...any ideas how to get past that??? I am coming from the Vegan GB RC1 rom

You'll probably need to repartition the sdcard. You can install clockworkmod using the microSD method or nvflash method and then use it to repartition to 2048 and 0. Remember that repartitioning will delete everything on the user partition (what's called "sdcard" in the rom). Back up your data before doing this.

I had this same problem a while ago after a nvflash and that's how I fixed it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What about tnt 4.4 users?

It's on my list. I have a lot of testing to do. I put in a failsafe for TNT Lite 4.4.0 users, but this is a new stock ROM so there are unknowns.

If anyone else wants to help out (and has nvflash) I would appreciate it. I want to test both ways to see what happens.
    Everyone be VERY careful, please

Btw, the release notes:

- Flash
    - Dock support
    - Lockscreen

Important, please read

I just went back to 2967, and I'm only seeing 3588 as an update.

I think 3588 is a gateway ROM, which is what I suspected last month. If you update your stock device to 4349, please do NOT flash to any mods, after that (at least not yet). Please let us test this, first - give me about an hour to run a few scenarios.

I will explain the reasons for this, as I do my tests to confirm what's going on.

EDIT: 2967 stock to 4349 stock causes a soft-brick. I think we have the same bootloader issue. Still running tests.

Thanks!
    TEST results so far

test 1 - 3588 stock to 4349 (success)
    test 2 - 2967 stock to 4349 (failed, soft-bricked)
    test 3 - 3588 cwm to 4349 (failed, soft-bricked)

cwm = clockworkmod.

So far, these are all the same as what we saw with 3991. I'm going to do 4349 tests next (ie. 4349 to VEGAn) - I think that will soft-brick as well, but I need to confirm that.

Btw, at the TNT Lite 5 / TTx users, I'm going to test your setup tonight, as well. You may very well be ahead of the curve as you already have the 1.2 bootloader.