[Q] about the new Amazon Instant Video app

Search This thread

elbanano09

Dec 12, 2013
Avia Playback and Chromecast

Ok so i have an alternative via Playon this method can also use Chromecast via Avia app. i installed Playon on my Pc then i got the Playon Browser extension on Chrome. I logged in my amazon account via Chrome went to the movie i want to view and clicked on the playon extension button it will analyze for a few seconds, after witch it said it didnt find any videos, i clicked close after witch another window popped up. I clicked on the watch now button, and then it detected the video stream and started to play , cliked next on the top right corner of the popup, after that it asked to bookmark(save) it on playmark witch i did after that i went on my Nexus 7(2013) 4.4.2 and went to the playmark /library channel and the video was there. i first used wondershare to play it and it worked and after that i tried Avia, Chromecast new app, and that also played and was able to cast it. i Have tried numerous videos all worked. Let me know if anyone else tried.:laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Gonzorito

tsberry

Mar 20, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Android on Kindle HD

Not that I'm aware of. Looks like us Android users are SOL

I purchased the original Kindlle Fire when it launched. It was a pretty good device for a while, but having to go thru Amazon for EVERYTHING left a bad taste in my mouth, and I outright refuse to purchase another Kindle Fire device

Have you tried CM11 on your Kindle HD?
(You'll get play store, Amazon Apps except Instant Video (use flash instead)

testoroin

Nov 2, 2012
just another try

I tried to start an amazon instant video from amazon.de (germany) with both Habit and Dolphin browser with user agent set to iPad. Both bring up an error page "Webpage not available" with the adress "aiv-de://aiv/play?asin=B00FVAFMCA".

The ASIN Number here corresponds to the movie I tried to start. It is obvious that a web browser is not able to translate the protocol descriptor "aiv-de://" and the destination ip from the URL "aiv-de://aiv" but obviously the amazon video player has the code to calculate the destination adress from this string. The ASIN Number here corresponds to the movie I tried to start.

Maybe there is a way to sniff the ip translation with a real iPad?Then it would be easy to stream the content with VLC HDR or some other client?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Considering this is a thread about the Amazon VOD APP can we stop talking about watching it in the browser please?
    An update bin file was posted and I grabbed the apk file from that. So far no luck, it FCs on my Touchpad with CM9. I tried installing as a regular app making sure Voodoo had me unrooted. I also tried as a system apk and rebooted, still FCs. It refuses to install on GB so I imagine its using API Level 15.

Hopefully it just needs another apk installed, Ill play around with it and see if I can get it working.

EDIT: I installed aLogcat to see if I could narrow down what is causing the FC. Its looking for the class "amazon.unifiedsettings.UnifiedSettingsHelper" which doesn't exist. Later in the log the FC is caused by a fatal exception with the class "amazon/unifiedsettings/UnidifedSettingsHelper" not being found. Is this a lib file or a system apk it wants?

EDIT2: I gave up on it for now. I tried some lib files, tried installing as many apks as I could (didn't try replacing system apks). It still FCs with the same error log and I can't find any files that reference unified settings. I also downloaded the Kindle Fire 2 update file (the updated original fire) and its using the same APK. LCD Density for the HD is 240 and 160 for the regular Fire 2. I use 160 on my Touchpad so that shouldn't be the issue.
    with that it can now be installed, however still force closes when tries to open...logcat gives
    01-24 02:14:03.394 8699 8699 E AndroidRuntime: Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.android.tv.media.GtvMediaPlayer

So it didn't find that specific file name. It did however find two other files that started with com.google.android.tv I'll share links to them shortly.

They were both located in /system/framework

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

The first file is com.google.android.tv.odex

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a5c3bbwuw45c1dm/com.google.android.tv.odex

The second on is com.google.android.tv.jar

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gs4523zwzzboz3d/com.google.android.tv.jar

Still working on the best way to get a file dump. ES Explorer isn't capable of zipping and sharing entire directories and I don;t know yet whether I can get one of the other file managment apps you mentioned to work. I may be able to use airdroid. I'll try that real quick before I head out of town for the weekend.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Okay so airdroid didn't work since it doesn't have access to the root directory. However, I was able to zip the system folder and upload it to dropbox. The data folder didn't have anything it. I've attached the link below. Let me know if you need anything else.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ziiuar02yuvv6ul/system.zip
    Sorry for the wait. Been crazy busy these past few days. I'll try to see if I can find/pull the library files tonight.
    I'm the guy from GTVhacker who posted the apk from my LG 55G2. As I said over on GTVhacker if you need anything else from me to get this working let me know.