AOSP Browser

Search This thread

slide83

Mar 15, 2011
Will we be able to load the AOSP browser on the Nexus 10? Google still cant seem to get the lag out of chrome. It makes the tablet look laggy from the reviews I've seen.

Reactions: dannyella

Turbotab

May 2, 2011
Will we be able to load the AOSP browser on the Nexus 10? Google still cant seem to get the lag out of chrome. It makes the tablet look laggy from the reviews I've seen.

AOSP browser will still be available, when 4.2 is released to AOSP, will probably require root to install it. Chrome for Android is not open-source yet, so Google has to also release a Chromium AOSP browser.

Reactions: moethall

raskbite

Oct 16, 2012
hagerstown
Galaxy Nexus Browser

I will love to see the browser with a Google chrome theme
Because Google chrome mobile don't have the browser futures
I can't believe it

OLYMPIAKOI

Oct 10, 2012
www.Olympiakoi.es
Reactions: Izeltokatl

tywilson

Aug 20, 2010
The aosp browser is by far the fasted browser I've benchmarked

so the first thing I'm going to do after getting root access is install it as my default

OLYMPIAKOI

Oct 10, 2012
www.Olympiakoi.es
The aosp browser is by far the fasted browser I've benchmarked

so the first thing I'm going to do after getting root access is install it as my default

You are right not just the fastest BUT also the MOST STABLE.... Chrome was crashing and making my system slow
I hate google chrome when I updated Nexus 7 to 4.2 i was mad untill I was able to install ASOP....

Last edited:

blackhand1001

Sep 3, 2011
I just can't believe Google actually uses chrome and thinks its actually acceptable to ship devices with this especially over the aosp browser.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

BoneXDA

Oct 9, 2012
I just can't believe Google actually uses chrome and thinks its actually acceptable to ship devices with this especially over the aosp browser.

Well it's a Google product and it's their flagship browser, but they better optimize it...

Is the stock JB browser available to install?

Blaexe

Dec 3, 2010
Haven't found AOSP browser yet, but for now I'm sticking with HoloWeb. I really like the synchronisation and the interface with chrome but the performance just isnt't there (yet)...

And by the way: Got 790ms in sunspider with HoloWeb ;)

OLYMPIAKOI

Oct 10, 2012
www.Olympiakoi.es

Attachments

• Browser.apk
    2.2 MB · Views: 169

OLYMPIAKOI

Oct 10, 2012
www.Olympiakoi.es
That happened to me a few times also, but I did it first with Browser 4.1 apk, and then copied 4.2 apk, rebooting also helped...

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Here

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

I am having problems uploading files with my Tapatalk, don't know how to do it...

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

:sly:
Holoweb browser is very similar to ASOP, and it works also very well and flash is supported...

slide83

Mar 15, 2011
That happened to me a few times also, but I did it first with Browser 4.1 apk, and then copied 4.2 apk, rebooting also helped...

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Here

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

I am having problems uploading files with my Tapatalk, don't know how to do it...

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

:sly:
Holoweb browser is very similar to ASOP, and it works also very well and flash is supported...

Holoweb browser is less smooth than chrome for me.

Turbotab

May 2, 2011
Slide83 asked if I knew of a way of getting AOSP browser working on the Nexus 10, this a method that has worked for me before.

> Must be rooted.

> Copy the browser.apk into the system/app folder

> With a root file explorer change the file permissions of the browser.apk to -rw-rw-r (you will see this represented as 664) If you don't do this, it won't install.

> You must rename the BrowserProviderProxy.apk & BrowserProviderProxy.odex otherwise the browser will force close, just add a 1 to the name e.g. 1BrowserProviderProxy.apk1 Do not delete them, if you still want to OTA update Android. Android checks for any changes to the system/app folder before performing an OTA, so you will have to delete the browser.apk and rename the two file back to stock, when it is OTA time.

Any Nexus 10 owner that gets AOSP browser 4.2 working, please post Sunspider, Geekbench and Google Octane scores! (please:))

Attachments

• browser.apk
    2.2 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:

OLYMPIAKOI

Oct 10, 2012
www.Olympiakoi.es
:cool:
I have installed BOAT BROWSER in my Nexus 7, and I can tell that it is so far THE BEST AND MOST STABLE BROWSER that I have ever encountered...

It does support flash, and it is better than AOSP...

Looks very pretty on my Nexus 7 , and I have set BOAT BROWSER as my default browser.;)

I have installed DOLPHIN as well and it is also very good and pretty in the Nexus 7....:cool:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SOLUTION: BOOKMARK SYNC ISSUE

Fyi, for anyone who is having trouble getting sync working (sync is currently experiencing problems...), check to see whether you chose to encrypt your chrome bookmarks. The sync won't work if you did. If you go to google dashboard, find the chrome section, tell it to stop syncing, then go to chrome on your desktop, go to the menu, and sign in. This time when you get prompted about what you want to sync, leave it at default of encrypting passwords only. Fixed my aosp browser sync problem instantly.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    push it to /system/app?
    And put the right permissions :good: Then reboot.

AOSP browser will still be available, when 4.2 is released to AOSP, will probably require root to install it. Chrome for Android is not open-source yet, so Google has to also release a Chromium AOSP browser.
    HERE

:cool:
    This hack works for Nexus 7 with jb 4.2:
    http://www.theandroidsoul.com/nexus-7-hack-install-aosp-android-browser-n7/

And I am pretty sure that it will work in Nexus 10 as well....
    :p