Originally Posted by kemikelx
Woah, took the dive, went in and emerged successfully.
Thanks to the advice from @Bassie39
, I reflash my recovery from 1.19.707.1 (link
) [Please read the instructions to get the correct files.]
I had to unlock my device before flashing the recovery due to relocking it earlier. Same old story, all of the data was wiped.
Summary of my steps.
- Flash stock recovery.img, extracted from 1.19.707.1 RUU
- Reboot phone
- 1.19.707.2 installed succesfully from OTA
- 2.33.707.3 updated as well upon reboot
- Reflash TWRP 2.6
- Root using busybox
- SuperSU not working in 4.2.2 (probably leftovers from the previous root)
- Downloaded SuperSU and flashed in recovery
- Root and Titanium backup working finally
Those who are having the same issue, you need not relock your device. Just flash stock recovery, and the OTA is good to go.
After that, flash TWRP and root if you like.
I have updated to 2.33.707.3 too. But I didn't save the Update file into my computer. I want to root my phone, so I need to flash TWRP first and then flash the root file, but after that I want to change my recovery to stock one. Do you have any backup of 2.33.707.3 stock recovery.img?